Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 27 May 2000, 21:58 (Ref:6369)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to confess that I did not breathe for the last 14 laps of that race - BUT GIL DID IT! He won his first oval race, he won Penske's 100th race - and he did it as smoothly as if he was out for a Sunday drive in the park... and wasn't he sweet in the interview too.

P.S. TO PAGE AND PARAKEET - THAT WAS GIL IN THE CAR, NOT ROGER PENSKE!

NOW GIL, GO DO IT AGAIN!
Old 27 May 2000, 23:22 (Ref:6370)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great drive by Gil. He finally won with Roger, although I think they should send a thank you card to Micheal Jourdain for taking out Tracy and Montoya. I doubt that Gil would have got the win had it not been for Jourdains cold tire adventure.

But still a great drive by Gil, and Moreno did a great job up until he had the tire problem.
Old 28 May 2000, 00:10 (Ref:6371)   #3
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Gil and Liz.
Eurosport didn't cover the race but I have read the reports.
Great race and a milestone for Penske.
I think I know how you feel Liz, it's always great when the driver you support does well and particularly if he wins.
I bet you took some Molson Bradaurs tonight.
Old 28 May 2000, 02:09 (Ref:6372)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That I did (I've been saving some for this eventuality) - and Gil would have won anyway even if everyone else had not crashed out, so there Jay.

I am only kidding. I am too happy to get mad at anybody tonight!
Old 28 May 2000, 17:06 (Ref:6373)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liz over the moon: I could hear the screams of joy from here!!

I'll bet your a very happy camper, eh?

-E.
Old 28 May 2000, 17:27 (Ref:6374)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

well, i missed it.
and i didn't miss much
nice one gil.
and liz - now you've got what you want, how about some extra help in getting what i want (ok, that's more than a point at the moment..)
sounded like a good race.
Old 28 May 2000, 17:56 (Ref:6375)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Bella it's that lame car Your Christian is in. Those Swifts ought to be renamed - they are china dolls on the track. Let's light candles that he gets into a team with cars that hang together. That's all Gil needed.

But if he and Helio ever get on the podium together, we will have to send out for a shedload of hankies or they will drown us all.
Old 28 May 2000, 18:08 (Ref:6376)   #8
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lucky Win, Lucky Win!
Old 28 May 2000, 20:41 (Ref:6377)   #9
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Bella it's that lame car Your Christian is in. Those Swifts ought to be renamed - they are china dolls on the track."

Wouldn't that be a Lola
Old 28 May 2000, 22:47 (Ref:6378)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Oops, sorry.

But it IS a lame car, whatever the heck its name is.

And lucky win? They are all lucky wins - and they all count the same.
Old 29 May 2000, 01:34 (Ref:6379)   #11
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Ouch, the Lola lame. If the engines in them hadn't blown up so often (Mikey and Juan especially) they'd be killing Reynard. Lola I think has en edge, the teams just havn't had any luck to show it.
Old 29 May 2000, 01:59 (Ref:6380)   #12
Liz
Veteran

If they didn't blow up they'd win races. Yes and if the Duke wore a dress he'd be the Dutchess.

A car that can't finish a race is lame.
Old 29 May 2000, 03:39 (Ref:6381)   #13
Heeltoe6
Veteran

But in that case, it's the motor which is lame, not the awesome Lola chassis
Old 29 May 2000, 20:02 (Ref:6382)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

it's still a load of cr@p, whatever it is.

wonder who's going to tear up the contract first?

ah, i can't wait for helio to win a race. it'ss be a hanky time for all involved...
Old 29 May 2000, 23:09 (Ref:6383)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Helio is so sweet. I'd just like to hug the stuffing out of him - except he doesn't have much stuffing -

Old 30 May 2000, 18:39 (Ref:6384)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France

one of those guys you just want to give a big hug, pat him on the head and tell him it's going to be all right, and that you'll bake him a nice cake to make it better.

he's also kinda fast.
Old 30 May 2000, 18:52 (Ref:6385)   #17
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Gil deFerran and Roger Penske for their 100th win! I had no idea this deFerran's first win on an oval but I did know it was Penske's first win since 1994 with Tracy at the wheel.
Old 30 May 2000, 22:52 (Ref:6386)   #18
Liz
Veteran

KC, wasn't it 1997?

Yes Bella, I agree with you about Helio. He needs fattening up. Maybe he could eat some of Gil's lunch and do them both a favour. (Only at the dining table - eating his lunch on the track is FORBIDDEN!)
Old 31 May 2000, 17:00 (Ref:6387)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
hey, gil isn't that bad anymore.
Old 31 May 2000, 23:14 (Ref:6388)   #20
Liz
Veteran

He looks just as good to me as he did when he was chubby.
Old 1 Jun 2000, 23:56 (Ref:6389)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France

i was consulting some old autosports, and i have to raise the issue of gils old haircut from 1996. what was he thinking?
(found some of helio - ahhhhh...bet his mummy loves him )

(incidentally, sorry for my lack of regularity over posting. i'm revising, and it's getting a little bit hectic)
Old 2 Jun 2000, 23:44 (Ref:6390)   #22
Liz
Veteran

I expect he was thinking "Well I've got that helmet on most of the time so what's it matter what my hair looks like?"

Speaking of cute little boys, though, did you see the pic of Montoya at age 4 in his first Kart? Now that was one lovely baby boy.
Old 3 Jun 2000, 18:44 (Ref:6391)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France

i haven't actually. was he a little cutie?? aww....
still amused by the phantom mullet from 1996 though. now sported by fisico in f1, this little mullet has travelled far and wide.
also spotted on jarno trulli (curse, curse), david beckham, and most famously, kevin keegan.