Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2705687)   #76
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not at all, I've read that his accident was not enough strengthed to drive.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2705744)   #77
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Not at all, I've read that his accident was not enough strengthed to drive.
And Luc just confirmed that in various interviews today (endurance info has a french version and DSC has an english one).

Seems he still has problems with his hands and it is still questionable if he'll come back. Depends on his physical stability.

He also mentioned their interest earlier in the year to run GT2 BMWs but the economy didn't help, and he also explained why he didn't use his other Vette and instead rented the SRT and DKR cars: both of Luc's vettes were owned by a Baron and after losing one of them in the fire, they believed it was best to not risk the other one.

Good luck to Luc and his team. The definitely have a shot. I wonder if the car is restricted the same way as they are in FIA GT? It won't help if they are as the car has lost a lot of pace hte last few races with the extra weight.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2705794)   #78
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like some new livery for LAA Corvettes this year. See here:

http://www.corvette-motorsport.com/

Click on the news section and then on the Xavier Maassen Preview report.

DK
Old 7 Jun 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2705800)   #79
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Wow, I really like the WR in that livery!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 00:39 (Ref:2705801)   #80
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can see BMS with a new car now,the red liveries make me think about EAT porsche and lizards
and IMSA again do reflecting liveries on their french porsche,unique looks
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/lem...4h-eg-0218.jpg
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/lem...4h-eg-0217.jpg
Old 7 Jun 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2705911)   #81
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The livery of JMW Aston Martin looks fantastic:
http://www.pitlane-vision.com/images...1/vsc_8551.jpg
http://www.pitlane-vision.com/images...1/vsc_8546.jpg
Old 7 Jun 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2705922)   #82
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Lots of new liveries make lots of different photos, just 1,5 days to go!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2706042)   #83
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Wow!

That looks fantastic! Surprised to see elements of the existing Dunlop yellow livery in it though, guess it keeps the brand identity associated with car going.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 13:15 (Ref:2706060)   #84
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
after searching this thread and the LM websites, i am still unclear of where i can find a full schedule of events; i've only got the q-ing time. i am lost. someone help me find my way.

this saturday is going to be busy; LM start, F1 q-ing and US v England .
i need to buy a one more TV.

and thanks to Lane and Andy for their work that adds to all of our viewing pleasure.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2706062)   #85
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
RLM's stream has broken for the last 5 minutes, it's broadcasting nothing. What's gone wrong?
Old 7 Jun 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2706065)   #86
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Penders want their gentlemen driver continue their 2009-24h-Spa-luck at lemans

Prospeed team principal Rudy Penders;

"It is the first involvement for the Prospeed team the 24 Hours of Le Mans, but I myself raced here in 2000 with the Belgian team RTM, and we finished 5th in our class. It is with great pleasure that we come here this year. We will have one car with three novice drivers: Paul Van Splunteren, Niek Hommerson and Louis Machiels. They have no experience at this track but they have great race experience, including racing for 24 hours elsewhere, so I am not worried about their ability to manage. If we steer clear of problems, I think we can consider a place in the top five in the class. The Porsche is a very competitive car in the class, from what we have seen so far in the Le Mans Series and ALMS. We know there are crews faster than ours with works drivers, but maybe a fight between all the cars at the front will play to our advantage and we will be in contention at the finish on Sunday afternoon."

that's lemans,everything could happen,hope they have good luck but never finish top5,which means lots of GT2s get in trouble...
Old 7 Jun 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2706163)   #87
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
after searching this thread and the LM websites, i am still unclear of where i can find a full schedule of events; i've only got the q-ing time. i am lost. someone help me find my way.

this saturday is going to be busy; LM start, F1 q-ing and US v England .
i need to buy a one more TV.

and thanks to Lane and Andy for their work that adds to all of our viewing pleasure.
Sorry about the links going awry again. The ACO is being shiiiity with the new site!!
This should get you the schedule for now. http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/h...dule-week.html

request for the new links to be inserted has been submitted!

L.P.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2706169)   #88
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Paddock shots of the JLOC Lambo without decals a couple of days ago showed a FIA GT1 number decal with #25 on it, so it looks like the car is one of the Reiter-run chassis which ran at Brno a few weeks ago.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ePesage_30.jpg

Hopefully they've rented the spares for it as well.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2706183)   #89
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The place looks overcrowded on the photos of Endurance-Info. Hot temperature, nervous people : hard day for your 6th june landing mates !

Tomorrow will be cooler.
It was manic, not helped by the smaller venue and a non-work day. Even in the media area, it was very busy as the ACO now sale a package where public can entre for Autographs.

Today was quite a bit quieter in both areas. Lots of livery tweaks reqd, so busy day or so ahead
Old 7 Jun 2010, 16:45 (Ref:2706190)   #90
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Interesting interview with Quick Nic: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84217

He's especially full of praise towards the newest inclusions in the Pug driver line-up.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2706199)   #91
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those interested, the first episode of Le Mans 24 Minutes begins at 18:30 UK time (about 25 mins time) on British Eurosport.

UPDATE: Just seen a tweet saying all 56 cars have passed scrutineering. The race shall go on!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2706219)   #92
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Work and family matters have kept me from keeping up with things here so forgive me if I ask a stupid question (so whats new?)

Autosport's guide to the LM24 mentions the "Classic British Welcome" in the centre of and, if so, at what time. It says Friday but no more accurate info, I dn't want t m iss the Parade
Old 7 Jun 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2706228)   #93
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Work and family matters have kept me from keeping up with things here so forgive me if I ask a stupid question (so whats new?)

Autosport's guide to the LM24 mentions the "Classic British Welcome" in the centre of and, if so, at what time. It says Friday but no more accurate info, I dn't want t m iss the Parade
It's a ticketed event that's outside of Le Mans. It's a welcome meeting for the British fans making the journey. It's somewhere North of city, never been so can't tell you much more than that.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2706259)   #94
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The British Welcome is in St. Saturnin which is the first village north of LM just by the autoroute exit for the ZI Nord.

It's a free car show. People with nice cars get waved into a car park next to the village hall and the rest of us have to park in a field. There's food and drink for sale plus an exhibition of a certain marque inside the hall, this year is Corvette.

Worth a trip out on the Friday morning.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2706279)   #95
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, somehow my earlier post got scrambled, Autosport says it is in Val de Vray, is that the same thing?
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2706291)   #96
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Thanks, somehow my earlier post got scrambled, Autosport says it is in Val de Vray, is that the same thing?
Val de Vray is the name of the community centre at St Saturnin.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 22:46 (Ref:2706410)   #97
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I like the British racing green better.

DK
Old 7 Jun 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2706416)   #98
997 brakedust
Rookie

United States
997 brakedust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I like the British racing green better.

DK
agree. livery looks more like the corvette works team.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2706420)   #99
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Expecting a car with Dunlop as the primary backer to be anything other than yellow and black would be silly, but I do agree that the Vantage looks its best in green.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2706422)   #100
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Expecting a car with Dunlop as the primary backer to be anything other than yellow and black would be silly, but I do agree that the Vantage looks its best in green.
If that's the price we pay to see great racing, then I guess we have to live with it! It sure beats the alternative. Still, an Aston Martin should be green and a Corvette should be white with a blue stripe or blue with a white stripe. Oh well, I guess this is progress.

DK