Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 13 Mar 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1250886)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TV Ratings

The ratings for the opening race were up considerably according to this article. Great news for the League, lets hope they can build on this succsess.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1250899)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats really good news.

The IRL said that they were going to be very aggressive in there quest for higher ratings this year and it seem to be working. The new commentator, Todd Harris, did a great job, bringing a more youthful, knowledgable, and exciting race call to the fans, and along with DeFerran, and Goodyear, were a big improvement over previous years.

The IRL puts on a great show, that even casual or non racing fans can find exciting, so it really just needs some solid promotion to jumpstart the ratings, and it seems like there really on it...

Danica Patrick
Old 13 Mar 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1250956)   #3
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
trow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool!

Alot of people contend that ABC/ESPN presented the races last year in a way that drove ratings down. It seems this year 'something' has changed because if this is any indication of what's to come, it looks like this may in fact be Open Wheel racings biggest stateside improvement in years. Alot of promise to come.

Great job, ESPN/ESPN2!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14 Mar 2005, 02:04 (Ref:1251232)   #4
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's definately some good news there with monsterous jumps in some key markets, including some with tracks which quiet possibly may translate into better attendance. I think the key market jumps are probably far more important than the 36% overall increase. While I realize it is just a cable network, a 0.6 in itself isn't much to celebrate.