Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3091672)   #126
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Raining when we left to eat tonight, but we came out of the restaurant to a dry and warm night. It can rain all it likes when I'm not out in it. Feel it for those who were at the parade though......
Old 17 Jun 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3093684)   #127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, how did I do with my order........?
Old 17 Jun 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3093686)   #128
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They messed your order up on Saturday morning but then delivered it properly from 3pm onwards. Thanks mate.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3093692)   #129
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
One does one's best........

Actually, we were very lucky indeed. I know those who were camping got a bit wet here and there, but overall, considering the forecasts beforehand, we did OK.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3094294)   #130
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fantastic, magical. The gods heard you !
No drop of rain during the whole race despite all forecasts of the last days.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3094370)   #131
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
One does one's best........

Actually, we were very lucky indeed. I know those who were camping got a bit wet here and there, but overall, considering the forecasts beforehand, we did OK.
Gazebo nr. 1 got wrecked on a beautiful campsite in Beaumont sur Sarthe,
Gazebo nr. 2 got wrecked on La Houx on monday while I was chatting with Andrew and James on Republic Square at the same time. Never noticed it to be that stormy then? But apparently it was awfull on the campsite.

Luckily duct tape and some poles to spalk it helped it stay up till this morning...

And the wetness? It was more here (were I was) than there (where I was not)
Old 18 Jun 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3094412)   #132
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Never thought in a million years we'd get that race whilst sat getting drenched during warm-up. Come back with a bit of traditional British sunburn. Absolutely blazing sat at Mulsanne on Sunday morning.

Got a bit wet upon arrival on Tuesday evening. Rained a fair bit during the nights while camping. Rained hard last night after the race too but I was pretty KO'd.

None of it a problem. Would have taken that and worse for the race weather we got in the end.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3094704)   #133
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The rain before and during the warm-up was on an almost biblical scale, so if you'd told me I'd be applying suncream on Sunday afternoon then I'd have slapped you for your insolence.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3094707)   #134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You didn't ask me........
Old 19 Jun 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3094730)   #135
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You didn't ask me........
I will next time, don't worry.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 12:30 (Ref:3094807)   #136
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Compared to the forecasts we were over the moon with what we actually had. It did get a bit blowy but just made sure we were well pitched and tied down.

Came back with a good tan tho!
Old 20 Jun 2012, 12:37 (Ref:3095399)   #137
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
My box of decent red wine suffered in the downpour, Friday. I spent near 2 hours 'battening down' Friday before leaving for the parade.
After that, it was unbelievable how warm and dry it was for the race itself...
Sadly the gazebo was wrecked by Monday morning, so it was left for the vultures to pick over.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3095427)   #138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike007 View Post

All I've come back with is an absolutely stinking cold! Had a tickle in my throat when I finally got to bed at home on Monday night and woke up yesterday with full-blown flu d'homme....... I'm glad I didn't have this last week!
Old 20 Jun 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3095444)   #139
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
must admit we had a bit of everything this year, roaring gales that blew several gazebo's to pieces, constant drizzle at times, torential rain at others and freezing cold at night however the race was dry and so were the tents on sunday morning which was better than the last few years
Old 20 Jun 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3095479)   #140
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike007 View Post
Ditto. Albeit with a bit of a cremated nose and right ear! Absolutely baking at Mulsanne mid-morning on Sunday.