Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jun 2011, 15:25 (Ref:2898888)   #151
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My photos from the meeting:

http://www.flickr.com//photos/890716...60761570/show/
Old 14 Jun 2011, 17:34 (Ref:2898945)   #152
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Brilliant photos jus one person missing from the, you.

Great meeting you and i hope you enjoyed your trip
Old 14 Jun 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2899045)   #153
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This meeting was a great pleasure. Robert, thanks for the pictures. We are still there.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2899287)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Robert, great photos indeed! And thanks for your PM which I shall reply to shortly. Everything goes very slow for me once Le Mans is over - quite aside from the fact that the first thing I did on my return was to catch 'man-flu'.... Feeling distinctly rubbish right now!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 09:08 (Ref:2899306)   #155
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Robert, great photos indeed! And thanks for your PM which I shall reply to shortly. Everything goes very slow for me once Le Mans is over - quite aside from the fact that the first thing I did on my return was to catch 'man-flu'.... Feeling distinctly rubbish right now!
you should drink more Andrew - it keeps the system sterilised
Old 15 Jun 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2899311)   #156
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
My apologies for missing this, after saying I'd be there, but my insides wanted to be outside... I didn't get further than Porsche Curves for the first 5 or 6 hours...

But at least I know most of the faces now!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2899487)   #157
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
you should drink more Andrew - it keeps the system sterilised

Well, I suspect it was the fact that I didn't have any of Dani's rocket fuel.....
Old 15 Jun 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2899496)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Old 15 Jun 2011, 16:49 (Ref:2899617)   #159
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
My apologies for missing this, after saying I'd be there, but my insides wanted to be outside... I didn't get further than Porsche Curves for the first 5 or 6 hours...

But at least I know most of the faces now!
I missed the meeting to after having to meet some freinds who travelled down by train, at the main gate. Nice to meet you Tim, hope you managed to get the radio working ok ?
Old 15 Jun 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2899735)   #160
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well, I suspect it was the fact that I didn't have any of Dani's rocket fuel.....
Well I did have a sip or to and my lips were numb a little while later, no germ or virus could survive that stuff.

Ayse are you still in Le mans or is the south coast of England now the centre of the racing universe
Old 15 Jun 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2899737)   #161
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Great to see you guys at the meet after tagging along with Mal. Great 'fruit juice' as well.
Race was nail biting to the end and thoroughly enjoyable as usual.
Hope to see you guys again next year.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2899775)   #162
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Ayse are you still in Le mans or is the south coast of England now the centre of the racing universe

Good point Simon, I'll change that tomorrow!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2899778)   #163
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great Photos Robert, and the group shot looks good too Andrew. Glad to put a few more faces to names

No man flu here (not sure women get man flu) but i have been bitten like crazy. not enough alcohol in my blood i suspect!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2899828)   #164
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Robert, great photos indeed! And thanks for your PM which I shall reply to shortly.
Terrific photos Robert, and like Ayse (who has probably replied already), I shall reply to your PM in due course.

Old 16 Jun 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2900067)   #165
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
I missed the meeting to after having to meet some freinds who travelled down by train, at the main gate. Nice to meet you Tim, hope you managed to get the radio working ok ?
It's a pity you missed it. There should have been someone there to represent us "out-of-towners" from the countryside - and you didn't come over to our pitches for a drink!
Old 16 Jun 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2900249)   #166
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought the meeting was particularly good this year!

The fact that we were still chatting and drinking nearly two and a half hours after we arrived perhaps supports that view.

A huge thank you to our fantastic hosts........Pascal, Bernard and Eric, your hospitality went way beyond what any of us could reasonably have anticipated. Fois gras d'oie, Pineau des Charentes, fabulous wines, including the local Jasnieres which Eric brought - just incredible, thank you all so much!

And the company was outstanding too. Thoroughly enjoyed catching up with old friends and new alike. In particular, our new friend from Texas. Robert, I still haven't replied to your PM (), but can assure you the time spent chatting with you was a genuine highlight of my 2011 Le Mans.......just a pity the race interrupted our conversation!
Old 16 Jun 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2900347)   #167
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
It's a pity you missed it. There should have been someone there to represent us "out-of-towners" from the countryside - and you didn't come over to our pitches for a drink!
Yeah I am sorry, my weekend was just too busy and it all went so damn quick ! I was there to represent us for the Audi visit at least and I managed a quick hello to you at our site.
We liked the input that 'Scotty' Brian has had on the campsite, I hope that his influence can bring some improvements to the facilities, although not too many to lose it's quaint appeal .
Old 16 Jun 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2900440)   #168
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00001029687658

Pics from the Meeting are uploaded . Sorry Andrew , this Weekend I will also uploaded to Flickr .
Old 17 Jun 2011, 15:08 (Ref:2900976)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
(Pesca - I have moved your race photos to the general Le Mans race thread - this thread is dedicated to our meeting).
Old 17 Jun 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2901044)   #170
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemansfan/5842119381

Hope this works better .
Old 18 Jun 2011, 06:44 (Ref:2901247)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, thanks Walter - I've deleted the previous post.

Great set of pics Walter - you and your Dutch pal did a great job!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Jun 2011 at 06:53.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2901780)   #172
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Yeah I am sorry, my weekend was just too busy and it all went so damn quick ! I was there to represent us for the Audi visit at least and I managed a quick hello to you at our site.
We liked the input that 'Scotty' Brian has had on the campsite, I hope that his influence can bring some improvements to the facilities, although not too many to lose it's quaint appeal .
We had a brief chat with him last Monday about "improvements" and he said that the general feeling of all the campers he's spoken to was that anything that "livened up" the campsite should be avoided at all costs.

Good!
Old 20 Jun 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2902459)   #173
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
We had a brief chat with him last Monday about "improvements" and he said that the general feeling of all the campers he's spoken to was that anything that "livened up" the campsite should be avoided at all costs.

Good!
In full agreement there, their 'animations' can wait until after Le Mans .
Old 8 Mar 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3036947)   #174
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just resurrecting this thread for a moment so I can ask for some assistance. My annual 'Le Mans Story' is finally likely to be finished by the weekend (more likely the end of the weekend!). New recruits here - don't ask why it's so late - it always is!!

I just want to identify a few faces at the meeting last year.

So here's a Tenthers Team Photo. I probably deserve to have my backside kicked for not remembering, but can you help me with:-

1. Yellow Corvette hat between Elaviel and GT6?
2. 'Orange' fellow behind nobster - I know I should know who you are!!
3. Dominique's girlfriend?

And in the other pic (next to the tree and in front of Mal) - somehow gone awol by the time of the main team pic - I have it in my head that this is another Mal? Or is that completely wrong?

And in the third, Walter, what is your friend's name?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0118.JPG   IMG_0111.JPG   IMG_0098.JPG  

Old 8 Mar 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3036959)   #175
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And does anyone know these chaps with Pascal?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0101.JPG