Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Jan 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3185092)   #2651
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed - quite true!
Old 7 Jan 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3185908)   #2652
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/dsceuroeditor/st...33790499876864

Pecom Racing for another WEC season, with Perez-Companc/Kaffer/Minassian.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3185993)   #2653
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
https://twitter.com/dsceuroeditor/st...33790499876864

Pecom Racing for another WEC season, with Perez-Companc/Kaffer/Minassian.
Good to see - I liked the livery of that car.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3186427)   #2654
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bad News from Le Mans

This is a Google Translate report from Ouest France - Henri is in the merde.

To safeguard proceedings since 17 July society Pescarolo Team spent in court today of Commerce Mans to know the result of the case.

In July, the economic difficulties facing his team and unable to participate in the world championship, Henri Pescarolo had asked the court to open a backup procedure. This exceptional measure was to facilitate the reorganization of the business and allow the continuation of economic activity, is a form of bankruptcy in advance, since it implies that the company is not in a state of insolvency.

Henri Pescarolo had retained the right to conduct his business without an administrator is appointed.

Today, the commercial court Mans decided to put an end to this procedure to start a liquidation. This is a kind of return to the starting point after the judicial process which had led Henri Pescarolo has conducted an auction of Pescarolo Sport 15 October 2010 following a ... liquidation. During this sale, Jacques Nicolet (Oak racing) and Joël Rivière were associated by buying 400,000 euros elements to allow the team to continue the adventure Pescarolo.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3186603)   #2655
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone care to take a stab at an updated REALISTIC prospective grid? This is what I have.

LMP1:
Audi R18 Etron Quattro x 2
Toyota TS030 x 2
JRM HPD ARX-03c x 1
Strakka HPD ARX-03c x 1
Rebellion Lola B12/60 x 1
Oak Pescarolo Honda x 1 ?

LMP2:
Greaves Zytek Z11SN Nissan x 1
Gulf Middle East Lola B12/80 Nissan x 1
Pecom Oreca 03 Nissan x 1
Murphy Oreca 03 Nissan x 1
Kodewa Lotus T128 x 1
Oak Morgan Nissan x 1
8 Star HPD ARX-03b x 1?
Signatech Oreca 03 Nissan x 1?
ADR Delta Oreca 03 Nissan x 1?
Starworks?

GTE Pro:
AF Corse Ferrari 458 x 2
AMR Vantage x 2
Manthey Porsche 991 RSR x 2

GTE Am:
Larbe ?? x 2
Krohn Ferrari 458 x 1
AF Corse 458 x 1
AMR Vantage x 1?/2?
Old 8 Jan 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3186604)   #2656
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Possibily 2 for Greaves , I thought that that was already announced .

Maybe 2 for GRME too ?

Status have said they were in for WEC too .
Old 8 Jan 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3186608)   #2657
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Possibily 2 for Greaves , I thought that that was already announced .

Maybe 2 for GRME too ?

Status have said they were in for WEC too .
Second Greaves was ELMS I thought?
What's GRME? (I should know this)
Old 8 Jan 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3186624)   #2658
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
IMSA Performance with a Porsche 997 RSR in GTE Am

http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/we...ie-wm-auf.html
Old 8 Jan 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3186628)   #2659
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Second Greaves was ELMS I thought?
What's GRME? (I should know this)
Gulf Racing Middle East ...... you know , the one with terrible luck last season .
Old 9 Jan 2013, 01:02 (Ref:3186647)   #2660
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Possible McLaren after LeMans? There were rumors of two new manufacturers in GTE Pro. Nothing has materialized so far though.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3186720)   #2661
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Gulf Racing Middle East ...... you know , the one with terrible luck last season .
I know they went down to one due to lack of spares. With that situation cleared up 2 would nice, especially if they do that art car.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3186721)   #2662
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
IMSA Performance with a Porsche 997 RSR in GTE Am

http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/we...ie-wm-auf.html
Good find and a nice addition.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3186747)   #2663
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Possible McLaren after LeMans? There were rumors of two new manufacturers in GTE Pro. Nothing has materialized so far though.
I wouldn't put any money on that. Seems to have gone quiet on the new manufacturer front.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3186853)   #2664
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
I know they went down to one due to lack of spares. With that situation cleared up 2 would nice, especially if they do that art car.
I ment to say by "the one" ..... meaning the team . As far as I know , its still a 2 car op .
Old 9 Jan 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3186864)   #2665
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Must be one car in WEC for Greaves as they are offering 'arrive and drive' for the ELMS and also Sebring.

http://www.facebook.com/GreavesMotor...37000009704478

Apparently they have three chassis now. I'd say it's certain they will put in two entries to LM.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3186873)   #2666
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I wouldn't put any money on that. Seems to have gone quiet on the new manufacturer front.
I was wondering...did the ACO's plans to unify GTE and GT3 in 2015/16 postpone any plans to upgrade a GT3 to a GTE? I know BMW will make an E89 Z4 GTE for America, but I think that's more down to wanting a U.S. presence (as there's no DTM here) than anything. I could see where someone like McLaren would just wait for the GT3 to be included rather than making a GTE-spec version.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3186888)   #2667
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 12C GT3 was designed as a GT2 first then adapted to GT3, make no mistake a GTE 12C will be here before 2015...
Old 9 Jan 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3186914)   #2668
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
I was wondering...did the ACO's plans to unify GTE and GT3 in 2015/16 postpone any plans to upgrade a GT3 to a GTE?
Think you might be on to something there. I also think more clarity is needed around the new rules for manufacturers.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3186946)   #2669
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Must be one car in WEC for Greaves as they are offering 'arrive and drive' for the ELMS and also Sebring.

http://www.facebook.com/GreavesMotor...37000009704478

Apparently they have three chassis now. I'd say it's certain they will put in two entries to LM.
I would suspect the WEC entry and the first Sebring car are the same driver lineup. The arrive and drive for Sebring is the second possible car they talked about IMO.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3186958)   #2670
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
John Dagys says on twitter that one Larbre Corvette is expected in GT-AM. Well I'm assuming he's referring to Larbre as I don't know who else he'd be referring to even though they were rumored to move to something else this season.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3186960)   #2671
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
I find it surprising GTE-Am is so weak in World Championship. Perhaps the relatively small cost difference to P2 is why we are seeing a good grid there and not in the former.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3186965)   #2672
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I find it surprising GTE-Am is so weak in World Championship. Perhaps the relatively small cost difference to P2 is why we are seeing a good grid there and not in the former.
I think it's because there's no WC title on offer in GTE-Am and of course because it is so expensive and also because you get no mention at all in media unless you win the class. Upwards from EUR 2M is a lot from one pocket. If it's from two pockets you're likely to finish last.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3186966)   #2673
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
John is having a bit of downer on the WEC this evening.

Says there are only around 10 confirmed P2 entries when it had looked at one stage like we'd have double that.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3186967)   #2674
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Maybe not that good after all?

From John Dagys on Twitter:

Quote:
Still have to poll some more teams but looks like #WEC car count could be less than expected. A LOT of unconfirmed programs as of now.

Especially in LMP2, which was set to see significant growth. Doesn't appear to be the case any more. Costs were higher than expected. #WEC

I think my #WEC Silly Season article listed about 20 likely LMP2 teams. Probably down to about 10 at best right now.
The bold part ties in nicely with Mister Baron's recent observations on P2 running costs...
Old 9 Jan 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3186969)   #2675
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
WEC GTE in general was weak last year, with only 10 cars total for the last four rounds (4 Pro, 6 Am). Aside from the cost versus P2 and publicity issues, it's a bit difficult to have a robust Am field if few teams are running in Pro and selling their cars after a year to teams looking to run in Am.

Of course, there's also a Porsche issue this year and next with the switch to the new model.