Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Dec 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3342085)   #3876
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With these new F1 rules I guess they could really make the jump to the WEC
Old 9 Dec 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3342125)   #3877
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Did you see the images of Alonso and his engineer viewing the Audi R18 exhibit at the FIA Awards at the wekend...They were interested in something they spotted in the wheelarch, and Alonso took a surreptitious close-up snap on his phone!
So, the return of Ferrari is now definitely confirmed...

In the Youtube video Alonso seems to be just as a driver very curious about another type of car he has never driven before.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3342135)   #3878
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
With these new F1 rules I guess they could really make the jump to the WEC
Like Bella said in the F1 sub-forum, this is when F1 jumped the shark. All the better for us and the WEC.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3342158)   #3879
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Make COTA the last race of the season, turn it into a festival and make it an 18 hour race for double points
Well, someone was listening to this...
Old 10 Dec 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3342225)   #3880
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Did you see the images of Alonso and his engineer viewing the Audi R18 exhibit at the FIA Awards at the wekend...They were interested in something they spotted in the wheelarch, and Alonso took a surreptitious close-up snap on his phone!
I think they were wondering what the fender was. F1 people, so they'd probably never seen one before...

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 10 Dec 2013 at 03:32.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3342474)   #3881
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_F...ionship_season
So I've started the entry list for next year, does it look like I'm missing any confirmed entries so far? (and yes, I need to add references for all of the entries)
Old 10 Dec 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3342489)   #3882
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
So I've started the entry list for next year, does it look like I'm missing any confirmed entries so far? (and yes, I need to add references for all of the entries)
Will be interesting to see how this fills out. Have Rebellion confirmed all those drivers for next year? I've only seen them announce Prost.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3342493)   #3883
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
And i thought the plan was for Rebellion to run 2 cars from the start of the season?
Old 10 Dec 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3342494)   #3884
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apart from Prost I think Beche is confirmed, not sure about Heidfeld (don't think he has signed with anyone else so far). If they are running two cars, then Beche might be in the other car.

Also, Porsche hasn't actually announced who will be paired with who in the two entries.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3342497)   #3885
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Apart from Prost I think Beche is confirmed, not sure about Heidfeld (don't think he has signed with anyone else so far). If they are running two cars, then Beche might be in the other car.

Also, Porsche hasn't actually announced who will be paired with who in the two entries.
Found this on their website.
http://www.rebellion-racing.com/131030.html
"
As declared previously, REBELLION Racing confirms that the team will enter two R-One cars in the 2014 FIA World Endurance Championship and the 24 Hours of Le Mans."
Old 10 Dec 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3342513)   #3886
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
True. Smartest thing IMO to do is split Bernhard and Dumas across the two cars given they have the most experience from testing.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 03:52 (Ref:3342566)   #3887
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The Toyota has been confirmed to be called TS040.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 04:45 (Ref:3342576)   #3888
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
The Toyota has been confirmed to be called TS040.
Do you have the exact source for this? IIRC it was a Vasselon interview
Old 11 Dec 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3342755)   #3889
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/lel...es-et-fia-wec/
Kessel Racing targeting an entry into the 2015 WEC with a Ferrari 458
Old 11 Dec 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3342916)   #3890
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Do you have the exact source for this? IIRC it was a Vasselon interview
Vasselon called it that and Nico Lapierre referred to it as that on his twitter.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 03:09 (Ref:3342998)   #3891
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Neither of those are very good sources for Wikipedia and without retrievable links, not really exact sources at all. But I'd leave it there, not so strickly by the rules, but it is most likely going to be right. :P
Old 12 Dec 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3343066)   #3892
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Vasselon is the technical director of TMG, his word is as good as it gets. If you wonder where the naming came from, motorsport-total.com has the interview.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3343072)   #3893
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Added.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3343284)   #3894
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
True. Smartest thing IMO to do is split Bernhard and Dumas across the two cars given they have the most experience from testing.
Yes, but it wouldn't surprise me if Porsche likes the idea of having Dumas/Bernhard in the same car as a sort of 'lead car.' That line-up was absolutely incredible in the DHL Penske Spyder back in the ALMS glory days.
Old 28 Mar 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3385525)   #3895
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Autumn (northern hemisphere) start considered for WEC

Interesting. This has been discussed at some length already but it looks like it could actually happen. I think it is a good idea.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=25940
Old 28 Mar 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3385531)   #3896
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Only way to have LM be the season finale, and also removes most of the worries with F1 or TUSCC clashes or similar date clashes.

Also discussed is a second US/NA race, but not likely to happen very soon, and probably won't be a shared weekend with TUSCC.
Old 28 Mar 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3385741)   #3897
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I like the winter idea itself, but not LM as the finale, because the problem is that it is bigger than the championship itself. Imagine if team X wins LM while team Y finishes 2nd and wins the championship... on that day Sunday nobody will care because they lost LM.

Longer story: http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...nter-calendar/
Old 28 Mar 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3385746)   #3898
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
I wonder what is the minimum downtime the teams need after Le Mans for another European race. Perhaps they could schedule the finale in the summer after Le Mans?
Old 28 Mar 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3385775)   #3899
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I like the winter idea itself, but not LM as the finale, because the problem is that it is bigger than the championship itself. Imagine if team X wins LM while team Y finishes 2nd and wins the championship... on that day Sunday nobody will care because they lost LM.

Longer story: http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...nter-calendar/
If a scenario like that unfolded, I think the situation could be more like "everybody wins". Each team will celebrate their achievement - whatever may be.

Plus the drama surrounding LM will be ratcheted up. I think it's brilliant for a world championship.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 03:18 (Ref:3385903)   #3900
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
An attempt at a good crack at the FIA WEC winter schedule, if it comes to be...

1. Sao Paulo - September
2. COTA - October
3. Fuji - November
4. Shanghai - December
5. Bahrain - February
6. Silverstone - April
7. Spa - May
8. Le Mans - June