Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:16 (Ref:733135)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi's race.

A shame that such a good race and he is almost out of the championship race. Michael drove a good race today, but for me Kimi put in an equal or better performance. He easily won the Class B* race.

And it looks like his qualifying performace was no light fuel special.

* Ironically (I sound like James Allen) Class B is for Michelin runners
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:46 (Ref:733212)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Agreed Adam, very good race by Kimi. He did all he could do, and got the best result possible.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:54 (Ref:733231)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi was superb. Drives like that prove that, one day, he can win a title. he didn't put a wheel wrong, stayed out successfully on the worng tyres, and made use of the opportunity to finsih second. No doubt that, with decent Michelin inters, he'd've won.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:55 (Ref:733232)   #4
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree, for me Kimi was the driver of the day and only lost out due to his poor rain tires. A definite future WDC! But then I'm biased being a Kimi-Mclaren fan. It's not over yet and judging from Kimi's demeanor I'm sure he'll have the throttle planted at Suzuka.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:57 (Ref:733238)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi was good at US. Everyone expected that he would struggle with the old Mclaren at quals...but he got pole. Everyone expected the championship would be between JPM and Michael, but he pipped Juan. And he did well to recover from a very bad middle stint in the wet. For once in a long time, Bridgestone had the clearly better tire than Michelin.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 22:30 (Ref:733321)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi was far and away the driver of the race. For Schu it simply fell into his lap, if he had asked for a perfect race scenario he couldn't have had much better than he got today. It rained when he needed it to, it dried out when he needed it too. Unbelievable!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 22:51 (Ref:733336)   #7
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a TOTAL TGF fan, but, 'the boy Kimi', I agree, did well at Indy.

I wish him well in Japan, but I wish ..................

Yeah, well, you know the rest.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 23:02 (Ref:733343)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been a huge Kimi fan for years now, and I was, once again, mighty impressed by him today. He'll be the champ one day, although it's not looking likley this year. It's not impossible though...
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:52 (Ref:733443)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only that Merc motor hadn't self-destructed back at the 'ring...
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:23 (Ref:733580)   #10
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi was very solid today. I expected him to fall off trying to chase TGF. He put the other Michelin drivers to shame today and had he been on bridgestones - WHO KNOWS?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:55 (Ref:733597)   #11
roxana
Rookie

roxana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree that the race was great and i hope that he'll finish ahead of montoya. i find it strange that everybody on tv was amazed at his performance in qualifying. after all, he was the leader in the championship for quite a while
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:11 (Ref:733607)   #12
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kimmi is the one to take the title from MS one day
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:13 (Ref:733608)   #13
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked deidedly downbeat at the post race press conference, almost as if he'd just lost out in the championship chase, until reminded that he was still in it with Suzuka to go.

I don't know about the rest of you but one thing is for sure, Michael Schumacher has the demoralisation game down pat.

Kimi looked like a beaten man, but he CAN still win the WDC.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:38 (Ref:733630)   #14
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
Kimmi is the one to take the title from MS one day
I would agree with that. He was really cool under a lot of pressure yesterday, and didnt put a wheel wrong. I think only he and MS, of the front runners, did not end up off the track at some point.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:52 (Ref:733640)   #15
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by roxana
i find it strange that everybody on tv was amazed at his performance in qualifying. after all, he was the leader in the championship for quite a while
Well, I don't. Considering the clowns who pretend to do race comentaries for TVR. Nothing coming from them ever surprises me.

By the way, welcome to 1010ths. Slowly, but steadily, we'll take over this forum 4 and counting
Old 29 Sep 2003, 07:09 (Ref:733652)   #16
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi just keeps on impressing me. As somebody allready said, yes, I am McLaren/Kimi biased but Kimi IS future champion!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 11:03 (Ref:733919)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
KIMI Superb!!! He was heavier than both Williams's and out qulied them !! He is driving a 2yr old car and still is the last man standing in SCHU's way! and even though this probably is not his year i'm sur He is a FUTURE CHAMP!!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 11:12 (Ref:733927)   #18
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great drive for Kimi but I did say at the start of the season the championship would be between him and Michael.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 19:26 (Ref:734519)   #19
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, Kimi was superb considering the Michelin tyres in fully wet conditions. But then it's all swings and roundabouts.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 08:04 (Ref:734989)   #20
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi undoubtedly run very well today, but his fans cannot blame his tyres: after a season of blatant superiority of Michelin, it can happen that, for once, BS perform better.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 08:09 (Ref:734992)   #21
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Yes, and its good!
Old 30 Sep 2003, 10:07 (Ref:735124)   #22
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it crazy of some people to say Schumacher is already champion. Sure, you'd stake your house on it, but you can never rule out a major upset. Remember Prost 86? It can happen, admittedly with a minor miracle. I hope Kimi wins the race at Suzuka, simply because I feel he has been unfortunate not to win another race this year since Malaysia. That blow-up at Nurburgring cost him at least eight points. Not to mention his two other retirements, compared to the one so far of Michael. I'm a huge Kimi fan, but I confess Schumacher is a deserving champion this year if he takes the title. I do not, however, believe he deserves to suprass Fangio after the disrespect he and Ferrari showed to F1 last season ...
Old 30 Sep 2003, 10:18 (Ref:735138)   #23
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Well, it's not mathematically certain that he won't be, so it's not all over yet. Certainly.

Kimi will be probably ruing the decision to hand one of his "wins" to Jordan this year...
Old 30 Sep 2003, 10:41 (Ref:735157)   #24
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DriverT
Kimi will be probably ruing the decision to hand one of his "wins" to Jordan this year...
I am not sure that he handed the win to Jordan, more like the FIA took it away. Anyway his blowup at the Nurburgring cost him more!
Old 30 Sep 2003, 10:51 (Ref:735166)   #25
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

He can still get it at Suzuka but he needs some good fortune in the same measure he had bad luck ealier this year.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport