Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 27 Jun 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3914458)   #1
Lord Mr Ford.
Rookie

Wales
North Wales.
Lord Mr Ford. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car covers advise needed please.

Hiya all just wondering if anyone can help me regarding car covers.
Need too cover my project as doors bonnets boot glass etc will be removed and sent away at a later date.

Can't afford too have any water in it what so ever.

What's the best one you bought and how does it hold up all year round?
I'm only buying too cover her up briefly but since its hardy too have might as get a decent from the start.

Bought two of ebay years ago and tore pretty much straight away.
Don't want that too happen again.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Old 27 Jun 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3914496)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Go for the Moltex multi-layer outdoor quality version, from somebody like Hamilton Classic.
http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/aca...hableSoft.html
Old 28 Jun 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3914579)   #3
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I kept my race car outside for 4 months (October to January) with one of these on it - https://www.cover-zone.com/products/car-covers/monsoon/ - no problem at all. Very similar to the Hamilton one posted above so I'd say that's definitely the spec of car cover you should be going for then.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3914583)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Go for the Moltex multi-layer outdoor quality version, from somebody like Hamilton Classic.
http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/aca...hableSoft.html
I'd second Hamilton Classic - they're good to deal with and they're motorsport people through and through. We've had pop up shelters and car covers from them, aftersales is also good (we had to replace part of the pop-up due to self inflicted damage ).
Old 28 Jun 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3914602)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The moltex covers are quite thick and therefore heavy, but that means less like to blow off. The one a mate bought has the straps that go under the car. Being light grey they do show the dirt......