Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 2 Sep 2020, 09:17 (Ref:3999569)   #101
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Skoda's first bespoke EV - the Enyaq iV:

'Of the rear-wheel-drive Enyaq models, the 60 iV comes with a single 177bhp motor and a 62kWh battery for a 242-mile range and a 0-62mph time of 8.7sec. The 80 iV boosts power to 201bhp and gets an 82kWh battery for a 316-mile range, with 0-62mph taking 8.5sec.
The four-wheel-drive options both have two motors and use the 82kWh battery. The 80x iV produces 262bhp for a 6.9sec 0-62mph time and has a 285-mile range. The 302bhp vRS is the only Enyaq with a top speed above 99mph, topping out at 111mph, while it can hit 62mph from rest in 6.2sec. Its range is also 285 miles.'

The first thing that struck me though is the size of the central infotainment interface....
Old 2 Sep 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3999655)   #102
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Interesting to see a full variety of power.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 06:41 (Ref:3999957)   #103
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New BMW i7: electric 7 Series spotted for the first time

'BMW recently claimed the electric 7 Series would be “the top, most powerful” model in the line-up, suggesting it could be offered as a performance variant that would approach the V12-powered 760Li’s 601bhp output. '

The large kidney grille is present too - so it looks like we'll see more BMWs with this feature in coming years.....
Old 4 Sep 2020, 07:02 (Ref:3999962)   #104
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
But however they make noise they do need to make some - a friend of mine is registered blind and they hate electric cars - they're too quiet, they need to be heard approaching!
I wasn't aware until I read this today, but in the US there are federal requirements for EVs to emit noises at speeds up to 18.6 mph as a warning to pedestrians and cyclists.

I'm surprised that the speed is so low - however it is clearly better than no noise at all.

'Automakers will get at least six more months to meet new federal requirements for noise-making devices on electric cars and hybrids, Reuters reported Friday. The extension is being granted due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.'
Old 4 Sep 2020, 15:54 (Ref:4000078)   #105
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That front end looks unusually long for an electric car.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 00:22 (Ref:4000858)   #106
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like to be the 7 Series standard car but with optional electric powertrain. Car needs the giant bonnet for the V12, guessing there will be a frunk on the electric version. Or they'll pack most everything in that space instead of the usual batteries in the floor.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 10:12 (Ref:4000898)   #107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That would be fairly simple to do methinks. Just need to add a bit more to the current V12 or as you say, find extra space elsewhere
Old 8 Sep 2020, 21:13 (Ref:4001032)   #108
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Volkkswagen ID.6 spy photos

Old 8 Sep 2020, 21:26 (Ref:4001038)   #109
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Volkkswagen ID.6 spy photos

Those rear lights remind me of a Peugeot design...
Old 14 Sep 2020, 07:00 (Ref:4002363)   #110
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Maserati's electric MC20 will be a tri-motor, 700bhp+ supercar

'Sciarretta admitted that because of the electric powertrain and the additional stiffness required to accommodate it, the electric MC20 will be between 80kg to 100kg heavier than the petrol car (itself weighing under 1,500kg).

“Of course, we expect the driving behaviour between the battery-electric MC20 and the combustion-engined car to be a little bit different,” Sciarretta said, “but we are confident that we can compensate the performance losses that we have due to the weight, thanks to torque vectoring.'

Slightly heavier, yes, but it’ll do 0-62mph in two seconds.

Old 14 Sep 2020, 07:03 (Ref:4002364)   #111
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
1985bhp Aspark Owl - claimed to complete 0-60mph in just 1.72sec, making it the fastest road-legal production car in the world.

'Just 50 examples of the Aspark Owl will be delivered to buyers this autumn after the supercar completed tests including clocking a 0-60mph sprint time of 1.72sec at the Misano World Circuit.'
Old 20 Oct 2020, 07:52 (Ref:4011611)   #112
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
2022 Porsche Macan Electric

'From distance, it looks almost like a Cayenne Coupe but underneath the relatively familiar skin, there will be an all-new platform, never used by Porsche before. It’s called the Premium Platform Electric (PPE) and will underpin high-riding premium products from the Volkswagen Group family.'
Old 20 Oct 2020, 14:37 (Ref:4011663)   #113
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks good, let's hope it's worth the effort. Porsche stand to get a lot of good publicity all going well, so fingers crossed. It's a nice idea from them, so fair play to them
Old 21 Oct 2020, 00:49 (Ref:4011723)   #114
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hummer EV

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

Im sure we will hear a lot more about it, but first impression it looks the business to me!

Crabwalk!
Old 21 Oct 2020, 06:47 (Ref:4011743)   #115
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Hummer EV

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

Im sure we will hear a lot more about it, but first impression it looks the business to me!

Crabwalk!
Some pictures below - including what might be the largest iPad in the world in the centre console!!

'The Hummer EV will use GM’s new Ultium Drive electric powertrain tech, and will feature three motors built into two drive units. These will combine to produce a “GM-estimated” 986bhp and 11,500lb ft of torque, enabling a 0-60mph time of around three seconds. Power will be sent to all four wheels using an e4WD system, with torque vectoring used to distribute it as needed.

The batteries will be arranged in a 24-module double-stacked layout, and while GM has yet to reveal their storage capacity it claims the Hummer EV will be able to travel more than 350[km?] on a full charge. The 800V system can be charged at speeds of up to 350kW on a DC fast charger.

Al Oppenheiser, the Hummer EV’s chief engineer, claimed the vehicle would be “an absolute off-road beast”, with the e4WD system giving it “ maneuverability unlike anything GM has ever offered before.”'
Old 22 Oct 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4012039)   #116
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah thats a huge touchscreen lol!

it looks really nice imo particularly with those modular panels removed.

i assume you can store those in the front where the engine used to be? the ability to use space once reserved for the engine, exhaust, fuel tanks etc for something else, something more creative, is one of the more exciting elements of these EV unveilings.

the cameras on the underside to monitor ground clearance is actually a really practical option in my parts.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 10:20 (Ref:4012149)   #117
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
yeah thats a huge touchscreen lol!
Is it just me that hates these screens? They're ok for things like the sat nav and audio (stuff you switch on and then leave alone) but for any other controls I prefer actual buttons and switches.

Quote:
it looks really nice imo particularly with those modular panels removed.
Are we looking at the same pictures?
Old 23 Oct 2020, 10:23 (Ref:4012150)   #118
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Is it just me that hates these screens? They're ok for things like the sat nav and audio (stuff you switch on and then leave alone) but for any other controls I prefer actual buttons and switches.
My biggest issue with having them (and any other protrusion in the cabin) is that if the vehicle is being used for serious off-roading, you can get thrown around the cabin quite violently. If my hand was thrown from the wheel, I'd want as little as possible to possibly impact with.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4012213)   #119
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Are we looking at the same pictures?
we must not be lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
My biggest issue with having them (and any other protrusion in the cabin) is that if the vehicle is being used for serious off-roading, you can get thrown around the cabin quite violently. If my hand was thrown from the wheel, I'd want as little as possible to possibly impact with.
like the H2 or more so the H3, is serious off-roading what these cars are meant for?

but more serious question...without the ability to charge via a solar panel for example (which would be a great option for those modular panels), does one take the risk of taking an EV into a remote area?

you can always bring a couple of jerrycan of gas with an IC...without an ability to recharge remotely, EVs dont yet seem ready for serious off-roading enthusiasts do they?

also how would they handle traversing deeper waters?
Old 23 Oct 2020, 15:40 (Ref:4012215)   #120
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
we must not be lol!

like the H2 or more so the H3, is serious off-roading what these cars are meant for?

but more serious question...without the ability to charge via a solar panel for example (which would be a great option for those modular panels), does one take the risk of taking an EV into a remote area?

you can always bring a couple of jerrycan of gas with an IC...without an ability to recharge remotely, EVs dont yet seem ready for serious off-roading enthusiasts do they?

also how would they handle traversing deeper waters?
It's marketed as having 'Extreme off-road capability', but I get your point.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 08:27 (Ref:4014953)   #121
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
For those looking more at the retro-fit options, Swindon have developed a conversion kit that fits straight into the original Mini in place of the A-series engine.

'Following the launch of the brand's own Swind E electric Mini, the system allows owners of the famous British city car to swap its original A-Series petrol engine for a zero-emissions unit.

Available to order now from £8850 plus VAT, the conversion kit is centred around the company's recently launched HPD E 'crate' motor, which is claimed to offer the highest power-to-volume ratio of any automotive propulsion system, weighing in at just 50kg and producing 107bhp.'

Old 5 Nov 2020, 16:27 (Ref:4015027)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

Mr Bean would just power it up from an ambulance!
Old 6 Nov 2020, 15:56 (Ref:4015205)   #123
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Mr Bean would just power it up from an ambulance!
Old 9 Nov 2020, 22:40 (Ref:4015754)   #124
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Old 2 Dec 2020, 16:19 (Ref:4020190)   #125
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Nissan Note

4.05 m long
Hybrid and full-electric only