Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old Yesterday, 20:44 (Ref:4004340)   #256
WyldStallion
Rookie

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indy 500 was so interesting in the 1990's and you felt like what happened from start to finish mattered in the outcome. My first Indy 500 I watched on TV was 1989. In today's era, the last 10 laps is seriously all you need to see. And that reflects my viewing habits from the 1990's today. Is there a 500 since 2011 where what happened before lap 190 mattered at all in the outcome?
Old Today, 13:28 (Ref:4005061)   #257
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Indy really took off in the 90s and as you say itís always seemed to be every lap counted. The last 10 laps are important, but I donít think it makes the first 190 any less relevant. Although times have changed, the basics are still the same.

We all remember the dramatic last lap in 2011, since then weíve plenty of other memorable races, like 2013, 2017 and 2019. Indy still means a lot and still delivers a great spectacle too
Old Today, 15:02 (Ref:4005091)   #258
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I don't understand the nothing happens in the first 190. Without decent strategy and understanding of your car you won't make anything of the lap 10. Just because it's not the false sense of racing because there are passes all day doesn't mean there isn't racing and strategy being developed.
Old Today, 16:43 (Ref:4005108)   #259
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Indy really took off in the 90s and as you say itís always seemed to be every lap counted. The last 10 laps are important, but I donít think it makes the first 190 any less relevant. Although times have changed, the basics are still the same.

We all remember the dramatic last lap in 2011, since then weíve plenty of other memorable races, like 2013, 2017 and 2019. Indy still means a lot and still delivers a great spectacle too
I'm not too sure what you mean by Indy really took off in the 90s? Do you mean greater exposure?
Old Today, 16:47 (Ref:4005109)   #260
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Indy 500 was so interesting in the 1990's and you felt like what happened from start to finish mattered in the outcome. My first Indy 500 I watched on TV was 1989. In today's era, the last 10 laps is seriously all you need to see. And that reflects my viewing habits from the 1990's today. Is there a 500 since 2011 where what happened before lap 190 mattered at all in the outcome?
I'm not too sure about that. The last 10 laps are the culmination of the previous 190.
Old Today, 18:10 (Ref:4005133)   #261
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, the first 190 you see who is setting up the better fuel strategy, who is avoiding the wrecks, who is best at saving fuel, and who is steadily tweaking their car each stop to improve and working their way up the grid to put themselves into the top 5 or so that have a chance in the last 10. Better known as, every f***ing sunday for scott dixon....