Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 May 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1609508)   #151
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
one things for sure its more exciting than the f1 courage competition with problems
Old 14 May 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1609516)   #152
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Live timing: http://www.lemans-series.com/results.../lms1000km.htm

Video stream: http://mediaserver02.cybernet.be/spalive

The G-Force Courage looked also heavy damaged.
Thanks for the links. I'm only getting audio on the video stream link. No pictures.
Old 14 May 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1609520)   #153
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
bye bye panoz no 81 them two cars are a mess
Old 14 May 2006, 13:36 (Ref:1609523)   #154
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux
bye bye panoz no 81 them two cars are a mess
Who's fault? Drudi or Hughes?
Old 14 May 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1609539)   #155
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so there's where the Ferrari of de Simone gone ..

Ciao Marco
Old 14 May 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1609542)   #156
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pleased to have streaming coverage, but "streaming" is hardly the word I'd use - if it's not buffering every 2 secs then the picture just freezes and we're left with only a little bit of understandable commentary (unfortunately my understanding of languages other than English is very poor, to say the least). Very frustrating indeed.

Still, I got no other way of following the race so I'm not complaining too forcefully!
Old 14 May 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1609554)   #157
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
so there's where the Ferrari of de Simone gone ..
Last time I saw it it was in the pits getting it's door fixed after the LNT Panoz drove into it.
Old 14 May 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1609564)   #158
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I'm happy just to get SOMETHING. Live Timing works fine for me, though I'm leaving for work in a minute or so.

Glad to see the Saleen lead, I had a feeling they would. I hope it can keep it together long enough to win this thing. It would give the Saleen faithful in the US some hope the cars will be able to challenge GM Racing. I think they can in the "right" hands.

Go Team Oreca!
Old 14 May 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1609577)   #159
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Who's fault? Drudi or Hughes?
Hughes for sure, braking to late or diving in a gap that wasn't there.
Old 14 May 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1609651)   #160
Aerodynamic
Rookie

Aerodynamic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be pointed out that for its very first race the Zytek 06s has performed exceptionally. Only a very minor glitch with a gear change got in the way of a P2 finish - still P3 is a great effort.

Elgaard also demonstrated that the car is as quick as any of them in the right hands. Would love to have had Shimoda/Elgaard/Nielsen this year as well - would have been right in the hunt for the win (Shimoda seemed to be about 1 sec quicker/lap than Elgaard last year)!

Car looks stunning as well.
Old 14 May 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1609665)   #161
renkadima
Rookie

renkadima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Pleased to have streaming coverage, but "streaming" is hardly the word I'd use - if it's not buffering every 2 secs then the picture just freezes and we're left with only a little bit of understandable commentary (unfortunately my understanding of languages other than English is very poor, to say the least). Very frustrating indeed.

Still, I got no other way of following the race so I'm not complaining too forcefully!
I only caught 15 minutes at lunchtime and the last 15, due to work, but the picture and sound quality was superb - mind you, I've got 2mbps broadband. Well done Cybernet.
Old 14 May 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1609697)   #162
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to watching the highlights on Motors later tonight. Only caught snippets, but it appeared to be a fantastic race with plenty of incident. Leroch and Owen have apparently both been released from hospital which is great news.

It seemed to be a very comfortable victory for the Pescarolo. They would appear to be the only team with any hope of mounting a serious challenge to Audi at Le Mans.

How badly was the Lister damaged?
Old 14 May 2006, 17:18 (Ref:1609700)   #163
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good win for Chamberlain in P2 in spite of Amaral´s mistake in the last stint, an overall podium could be possible.

Ahh! De Castro and Burgueño are Spanish not Portuguese.
Old 14 May 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1609724)   #164
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
GT1 win for Saleen and Oreca, and P2 cars running effectively and reliably all the way!!!

Very impressed also with Swiss Spirit.

robert
Old 14 May 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1609737)   #165
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
It seemed to be a very comfortable victory for the Pescarolo. They would appear to be the only team with any hope of mounting a serious challenge to Audi at Le Mans.
I was a bit surprised that the Zytek did not have more pace. The Creation car at Istanbul was on the pace of the Pesca...and they said that it was far from sorted (gearbox problems etc) Shame about the shunt. First practice: not a very smart thing to do. Pesca was never really under pressure.

I hope that Creation do get a second entry and are able to field an all-pro car. Then they will run with the Audis and Pesca. But it may be far too late anyway.
Old 14 May 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1609813)   #166
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shimoda/elgaard and nielsen?, what about the one tom chilton, he raced pretty well today at oulton park but he deserved a win in the last BTCC race, by the way how has the zytek done, is it fast and reliable or is it just one of the the two mentioned?
Old 14 May 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1609827)   #167
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spent the afternoon alternating between sun bathing and nipping in to check the live timings and DSC's commentary updates. Sounded like it was an incident packed race, but hopefully none of the damage to men or machines will affect any LM entries with 3 weeks until test day...
Old 14 May 2006, 22:59 (Ref:1609958)   #168
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just watched the Motors TV coverage, the LC70's were very quick, while the Saleen seemed to be the class of the field.

Noticed Steve Saleen was at the race with ORECA, so this must be a full works effort.

All the new cars seem to be evenly matched, will be interesting to see how they match up againt the R10, inparticular if Joest compete in the post Le Mans LMS races.
Old 15 May 2006, 03:30 (Ref:1610130)   #169
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Congrats to Hugh and the rest of Oreca on a fanstatic first outting with the car. Congrats also to LNT for placing 2nd in GT2 in their Panoz Esperante LM.

Pretty good week for Ford powered cars I would say...

Panoz 2nd at Spa, Saleen 1st at Spa. Not soo good here in the US besides Biffle's win at Darlington.

I'm really happy for LNT, after having a pretty much disapointing season with the TVR, highlighted by a victory here last year, they are showing that isn't a fluke and they are a team to be dealt with from here on out with a car getting stronger all the time.
Old 15 May 2006, 07:38 (Ref:1610225)   #170
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
How badly was the Lister damaged?
I think the damage will be less extensive than the Protran which looked completely destroyed.
Quote:
“I hit a damp curb in the fast corner in the fast corner, where you drive at full speed, and then I just lost the car,” Jens Møller explains. “It has been damaged in quite a severe way. There is lots of bodywork which has been torn off, and roughly the whole rear suspension has been damaged.”
Old 15 May 2006, 07:51 (Ref:1610241)   #171
Aerodynamic
Rookie

Aerodynamic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
I was a bit surprised that the Zytek did not have more pace. The Creation car at Istanbul was on the pace of the Pesca...and they said that it was far from sorted (gearbox problems etc) Shame about the shunt. First practice: not a very smart thing to do. Pesca was never really under pressure.

I hope that Creation do get a second entry and are able to field an all-pro car. Then they will run with the Audis and Pesca. But it may be far too late anyway.
Can see where you where you are coming from, but when Elgaard was in the car he was consistently matching Pesca's pace - the pace is being lost in the drivers - put Herbert/Shimoda/Smith/Bouillon/Weaver etc in there are you'll be as quick.

Also, I got the impression that Creation's 2nd car was ready to go as soon as they got the green flag for an entry.....all pro as well.........maybe one of the cars which was bashed yesterday may not be ready in time...........
Old 15 May 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1610294)   #172
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Now , that was great to see that Saleen win . Ive been waiting to see that for a long time .
Delighted for a 911 win too
Delighted for Chamberlain and Swiss Spirt .

Cant wait for le Mans to come

Just a huge shame that Zakspeed and Oreca are not going to Le Mans .
Old 15 May 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1610304)   #173
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a race despite the first hour mayhem. I was at Raidillon wt the start so was on the spot seconds after, the Protran looked severely damaged in the back end, the G-Force had a hard hit on the front-right and the Icer Brakes Ferrari looked like it had been cut before the front axis with a huge chainsaw. I DO hope all drivers are OK, it was not a pretty sight but it did look like the Ambulance folks were doing a good quick job...any updates? On the racing side nobody seems to match Pesca which anticipates another Pesca vs Audi LM. The Courages are quick as is the Zytek but they miss just that little final bit. LMP2 is growing more and more attractive and reliable, I need to eat my words from 2005 luckily. GT1 was great with the Oreca-Cirtek fight. i hope the Vettes get closer because that would be just awesome. The Lambo is a fiasco...their engine blew while driving through the accident site, B-Racing needs a new engine NOW!!!!! GT2 excellent as usual, down to the wire and a podium with 3 manufacturers...cannot wait for LM!!!!!

One last word: The Drinking for Holland guys were almost taken away their brand new flag but luckily it was saved from the Malmedy/Stavelot police. I got a great picture of it covering the Beck's sign but they had a good group picture taken as well ;-)
Old 15 May 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1610383)   #174
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looked like both the Protran and the Courage spun separately without touching each other. They blocked the track and there was nowhere to go for the Ferrari and the Porsche. It all went pretty quickly with bits and pieces flying everywhere. I don't understand why they didn't red flag the race and instead let the whole field go through the debris twice. I think Jean-Francois Leroch was at the wheel of the G-Force Courage. His leg was cut but he seemed fine. Fortunately, all others involved walked away from it. It was a scary incident... definately not the way to start a 1000 km race.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/hgb/sIMG_4518.jpg

Last edited by hgb; 15 May 2006 at 10:25.
Old 15 May 2006, 10:30 (Ref:1610393)   #175
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
One last word: The Drinking for Holland guys were almost taken away their brand new flag but luckily it was saved from the Malmedy/Stavelot police. I got a great picture of it covering the Beck's sign but they had a good group picture taken as well ;-)
AHA it was u taking that pic then

I do have to give a thumbs up to the people from the track, they came to appolgize for having to take the flag down. They didn't realy mind the flag but were afraid Beck's might have a problem with it.

I don't think the Lambo had a blow up, from what I understand some debris got caught in the engine and cut a waterline. Wich could very well be the case as it was white steam commning from the car and not grey smoke.