Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Apr 2001, 14:14 (Ref:82699)   #1
jensonfan
Rookie

jensonfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What do you think Ferrari will do when Schumacher retires? If you ask me it will be after 2004. I think they will start with someone young and/or already into F1 like Montoya Button or Raikonnen or possibly some of the top F3 or F3000 drivers.
What do you think???????
Old 20 Apr 2001, 15:17 (Ref:82718)   #2
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well even ferrari doesnt know what will they do when MS retires..but MS and i do.. hehe
this makes me laugh... MS is so powerful in f1.. he plans to team up with ferrari and help them till hes probably alive..im sure hed like to take ralf as his driver and make him win the championship..u see schumachers take all the GOLD.
Old 20 Apr 2001, 20:06 (Ref:82796)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help them until he's alive? When does he plan to come to life, then?

And after he does come to life, will he take a look around him and say "Boy what a dream I just had! What's for breakfast?"

TGF is just another pilot in a long series of pilots. Williams managed to keep going without Senna, and I daresay Ferrari will not close its doors when TGF comes to life and goes to work for a living.
Old 20 Apr 2001, 21:24 (Ref:82826)   #4
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

If MS retires, I'm afraid Ferrari will slowly slip back into the pre-Schumi years. (The Ferrari performance two seasons ago, after Schumacher's crash at Silverstone is proof of that).
Another 20 year lapse perhaps??
Old 21 Apr 2001, 00:09 (Ref:82878)   #5
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think MS' retirement is a few years away too. And I also think they will go with someone young, maybe Button, or even Montoya. I know Ferrari is looking ahead and don't want to get stuck with an empty car.
Maybe MS will even start his own team when he's done. I'm sure he has enough money!!
Old 21 Apr 2001, 01:08 (Ref:82905)   #6
Damon_racer
Rookie

Damon_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari will need more than a one car team in the future when Schumi is gone. they will need to GOOD drivers!!!!
Old 21 Apr 2001, 01:17 (Ref:82908)   #7
SH0077
Rookie

SH0077 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I cant beleive no one mentioned Rubens Barrichello! He is the only team-mate that Schumacher has had to worry about. Once he wins a few more races he will be everyones favorite little Rubhino again... JV and RB for a Ferrari drive in 2003, who wouldn't like to see that?
Old 21 Apr 2001, 01:32 (Ref:82912)   #8
Damon_racer
Rookie

Damon_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RB maybe in 2003 but Ferrari will still need some young blood what about Kimi (if he can hold on to his Steering wheel !!!!!)
Old 21 Apr 2001, 02:24 (Ref:82927)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by SH0077
I cant beleive no one mentioned Rubens Barrichello! He is the only team-mate that Schumacher has had to worry about. Once he wins a few more races he will be everyones favorite little Rubhino again... JV and RB for a Ferrari drive in 2003, who wouldn't like to see that?
I can't believe you DID mention Rubino. oh.... whats that sound? ..... is it? ..... it is! ....... it's hell freezing over! And the only thing TGF is worried about is Rubino running into the back of him!
Old 21 Apr 2001, 02:35 (Ref:82932)   #10
Willie the Pimp
Rookie

Willie the Pimp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumachers career

Hi everyone..
Firstly Ferrari will have no problems gettin quality drivers when MS retires, they will have any driver/drivers they want as they are and will be the team every driver dreams of joining.

I also think MS will stay with ferrari after he retires as a driver or maybe just maybe as riusnow said he will have his own team. but realy riusnow what were you thinking when you said "Ferrari is looking ahead and don't want to get stuck with an empty car." get real Ferrari will never get stuck with an empty car.. However they may get a bit worried bout Rubens empty head.

Liz.. "goes to work for a living." He drives a Ferrari for a living. Cant see him taking on a paper route when he retires can you?

RT.. "If MS retires, I'm afraid Ferrari will slowly slip back into the pre-Schumi years. (The Ferrari performance two seasons ago, after Schumacher's crash at Silverstone is proof of that).
Another 20 year lapse perhaps??
I think Liz was talkin bout you when she said
"Boy what a dream I just had! What's for breakfast?"

I think also if ferrari want some real good drivers when MS retires they will have to ask Sir Frank for some.

Anyways I've wasted enough of yer time..
Best WtP @ iff1.com
Old 21 Apr 2001, 02:38 (Ref:82933)   #11
Wolf
Rookie

Wolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, be nice to me, 'tis my first post in this forum.

I think having clear-cut situation with clear no.1 driver is a habbit that Ferrari shall have trouble breaking. They'll look for someone to assume his role- and it'll be a young driver (if they have any sense, they'll have him as no.2 for a while with MS as alpha). Who? Dunno. :lol:

BTW, what does TGF stand for? I tried search engine but it obviously doesn't work with three letter words... Does 'F' have anything to do with four-letter words?
Old 21 Apr 2001, 03:01 (Ref:82941)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Welcome Wolf to our friendly forum. Valve Bounce will arrive shortly to inform you of the Ferrari competition

TGF is local talk for "That German Fellow". Others have a different version (Amoffat has TGW). Everyone (incl. yours trully) asks that question apon arrival

Craig, is there anyway we can add it to FAQ or have it included in an introductory post

Have fun wolf
Old 21 Apr 2001, 08:18 (Ref:82966)   #13
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf BTW, what does TGF stand for?[/B]
At this moment it may not make much sense to you,
but remember that 'MS' (Mika Salo) will be back next year.

For the same reason, some of us use 'JV' for Villeneuve
and 'Jos' for Verstappen.

Don K.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 09:19 (Ref:82975)   #14
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"I can't believe you DID mention Rubino. oh.... whats that sound? ..... is it? ..... it is! ....... it's hell freezing over! And the only thing TGF is worried about is Rubino running into the back of him!"

Great comment Wrex!

Rubens the equaliser!

As for TGW! His retirement is the stuff of dreams is it not.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 09:26 (Ref:82977)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf
OK, be nice to me, 'tis my first post in this forum.

I think having clear-cut situation with clear no.1 driver is a habbit that Ferrari shall have trouble breaking. They'll look for someone to assume his role- and it'll be a young driver (if they have any sense, they'll have him as no.2 for a while with MS as alpha). Who? Dunno. :lol:

BTW, what does TGF stand for? I tried search engine but it obviously doesn't work with three letter words... Does 'F' have anything to do with four-letter words?
Wolf, may I welcome you to our friendly, insult and abuse free forum. PLease stay to discuss anything you want to here. Don't forget that when you post 1000 posts, you qualify to enter the lucky draw for a Ferrari. The draw will be made when averyone here posts 1000 posts. I can see you are already off to a flying start with 14 posts in just your first day. When talking about Ralf, you should know to ignore anything that AMoffat and Dino says. They are at present still busy digesting humble pies laced with chilli sauce.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 09:27 (Ref:82978)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Rumour has it that Ferrari have been looking into a replacement for TGF...to take his place in 2005 (nooooooo, not another three seasons of TGF! ). Two of the drivers they've looked at are Button and Raikkonen. I personally think Raikkonen would be a better option, but there are others they might want to look at, like Montoya or Ralf (but that is provided they ever want to leave Williams ).

Why? Why does TGF keep extending his cotnract? Does he not realise how fed up we all are of him?!? And he'll be 35 when he retires...do it now, Michael NOW I TELL YOU!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 21 Apr 2001, 09:35 (Ref:82981)   #17
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf's Girl,

I don't no about you but the earth just moved for me! We finally agree on something. Now extend those comments to TGWv2!

Lets rid the track of both of them. VB, look I can type with my mouth full!
Old 21 Apr 2001, 12:35 (Ref:83046)   #18
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well after Ralf's win I'd say you won't be hungry for awhile AMoffat.

I think Raikkonen would be great in a FERRARI may a swap and put RB in a SAUBER far a better engine deal?
JPM RS even MW but MW or KR wuold have to be long term to get the benifit of MS
Old 21 Apr 2001, 21:23 (Ref:83230)   #19
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My money goes on JPM to be a Ferrari driver in the none-too-distant future. Jarno Trulli is another possibility, but wasn't the last Italian in a ferrari Ivan Capelli?? Prescicely. Too much pressure. TGF and Rubens both look safe for next season tho.

If anything, in the immediate future the most interesting team could be McLaren. I feel they're ripe for a clean-out. Mika seems to have lost all motivation and may well quit soon (this year or next). If DC doesn't build upon his form (again!) he'll end up at Jaguar or somewhere.

Nick Heidfeld could be a possibility, as could Panis.
Old 22 Apr 2001, 07:42 (Ref:83402)   #20
PEW
Rookie

PEW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panis will be rather long in the tooth when TGF retires and Heidfeld is linked to Mercedes. I think they will be looking for someone under 30 who is not closely tied up with a manufacturer. Any of the Williams cast offs should fit the bill or a driver from those teams who use Ferrari engines.
Old 22 Apr 2001, 13:34 (Ref:83547)   #21
Tristan
Veteran

...which is why I reckon Heidfeld is going to McLaren!
Old 27 Apr 2001, 08:05 (Ref:85674)   #22
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think they will opt for a stronger driver. they cant afford to experiment with rookies while Schui takes all the gold !
Old 27 Apr 2001, 17:27 (Ref:85845)   #23
Tristan
Veteran

Er, yes they can!! Ferrari's budget if effectivly infinate. Still, JPM's the man for Ferrari (please god!!)