Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 May 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3079668)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Official 2012 Le Mans Weather Thread

Well, with just a week to go until the test day, time to open The Official 2012 Le Mans Weather Thread.

As always, there are links below to various sites, all of which will undoubtdely be predicting wall to wall sunshine and barmy summer highs!

You know the rules - you can either agree with Ayse, or you can be wrong - you've been warned!

Accuweather

Metcheck

Agate France

La Chaine Meteo

You are welcome to post links to other meteorological websites elsewhere on the thread.

Yep, no doubt about it, we're in for an absolute scorcher this year!
Old 26 May 2012, 22:52 (Ref:3079680)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Better Accuweather link for the month of June:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/le-...monyr=6/1/2012
Old 26 May 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3079684)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Some other websites:
Just pick your favourite!

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Le-Mans-FRXX0048
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/07235.html
http://le-mans.lachainemeteo.com/met...ns-2742-11.php
http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...it.aspx?sday=7
in dutch: http://www.weer.nl/wereldweer/actuee...9/le-mans.html
Old 27 May 2012, 06:45 (Ref:3079737)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I pick the one that says wall to wall sunshine for the week......
Old 27 May 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3079770)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think I've found what you're looking for...
Old 27 May 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3079771)   #6
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely is just a case of picking the best one and running with it.
Old 27 May 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3079772)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Truckosaurus: And the forecast for the weekend is??
Old 27 May 2012, 12:51 (Ref:3079858)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
now why does that not come as a surprise
Old 27 May 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3079861)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its gonta rain for sure , I'll be watchin my TV watchin you all get wet and miserable

Old 27 May 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3079872)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's fine - that guarantees us the sunshine mate!
Old 27 May 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3079885)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Its gonta rain for sure , I'll be watchin my TV watchin you all get wet and miserable

well that is not nice, and anyway surely you will be watching the cars not us anyway
Old 27 May 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3080025)   #12
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Even if you could see us, we may be getting wet, but we won't be miserable
Old 29 May 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3080958)   #13
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My preference, as a someone who won't be able to attend personally but watches through TV; wall to wall sunshine and heat on Saturday and preceding days, then full wet weather and miserable fog on Sunday
Old 29 May 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3080970)   #14
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
My preference, as a someone who won't be able to attend personally but watches through TV; wall to wall sunshine and heat on Saturday and preceding days, then full wet weather and miserable fog on Sunday
You are a brave man.
If i where you i would fear Ayse's wrath! (unless by sunday, you mean after the race)
Old 29 May 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3080979)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
.......then full wet weather and miserable fog on Sunday
Careful what you wish for.......

fog = safety car period
full wet very often = safety car period

Both are a complete waste of what is ONLY 24 hours. Me, I prefer to watch the cars racing!
Old 29 May 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3080984)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I don't necessarily want 2001-esque madness on Sunday, but a mix between 2007 and 2008 would be ideal

At least the ACO still allows them to race if it rains in tolerable amounts, unlike that "other" world championship which immediately red flags it if someone sees a drop of moisture...
Old 29 May 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3081011)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
It is about time we had wall to wall sunshine all week - when was the last le mans with no rain?
Old 29 May 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3081111)   #18
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
It is about time we had wall to wall sunshine all week - when was the last le mans with no rain?
I think it was 2006 and it was high twenty's / low thirties all week.
Old 29 May 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3081301)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
we seem to have had rain at times for the past few years but in 2010 the classic was so hot it became difficult to walk around so be careful what you wish for
Old 29 May 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3081304)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
we seem to have had rain at times for the past few years but in 2010 the classic was so hot it became difficult to walk around so be careful what you wish for
yes as was the 24H in 2006 - we even had to switch from beer to water
Old 29 May 2012, 17:46 (Ref:3081308)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm counting the mentions of the 'R' word, you know.......
Old 29 May 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3081311)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
yes as was the 24H in 2006 - we even had to switch from beer to water
same thing happened at the classic desperate times sometimes call for desperate actions, water should be used to make tea but sometimes even the english are forced to drink it neat
Old 29 May 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3081313)   #23
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Water is used only to brush your teeth with!
Old 29 May 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3081319)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In my early years we usually only bought beer so on occasions actually used beer to brush our teeth as we had no water, learnt lessons since then and always buy a few bottles of water now
Old 29 May 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3081322)   #25
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In my early years we usually only bought beer so on occasions actually used beer to brush our teeth as we had no water, learnt lessons since then and always buy a few bottles of water now
I think a dentist just died
(or got $$ in his/hers eyes)