Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3265778)   #201
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm still getting mixed reports from various sources, but TWC does say that, right now at least, there's a good chance that most, if not all, the race might be run in the dry. They say rain Sat morning and possibly Sun afternoon.

Other forecasts, though, are more iffy, but at least the temps are conistant--Mid 60s F during the day and low 50s F at night.
Old 21 Jun 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3265914)   #202
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lucky again yesterday - we were under cover when it did rain. Nice here this morning -not brilliantly sunny, but pleasant and cooler
Old 21 Jun 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3266195)   #203
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
What's happening tomorrow? Are people meeting up
Old 21 Jun 2013, 21:32 (Ref:3266248)   #204
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh yes Claire - check out the dedicated meeting (cheese-fest) thread. The fun starts at midday.... Come and join us!
Old 22 Jun 2013, 04:03 (Ref:3266307)   #205
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The hour by hour forecasts that I have seen talk about periodic scattered showers pretty much all of Saturday afternoon with clearing after 7 pm and no rain after that. Based on that forecast, there could be some showers in the early going of the race but the rain should be out of the area after midnight and all through Sunday. Hopefully, there won't be too much rain. Maybe just enough to stir the pot a little and mix things up to start the race. Just so long as no one gets hurt.

DK
Old 24 Jun 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3268930)   #206
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
This is some of the 'sunny weather' I had to endure on wednesday morning Too bad the one MEGA bang of thunder is not in the clip.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=683633648329413
Don't want to know what 'rainy weather' looks like....
Old 24 Jun 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3268977)   #207
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thanks for that Vince, we missed that one on Wednesday but were there for the numerous others that arrived later, still it could have been worse and most certainly was on the lower lying camp sites
Old 24 Jun 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3269018)   #208
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That clap of thunder was extraordinary, I'm sure it shook pine cones out of the trees at Houx.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3269128)   #209
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to say the weather and I speak for myself, has been fairly good to me. It rained while I was somewhere dry, it was cold sometimes but you can dress for that. It wasn't the best for camping but it gave a lot of track action, and that is what it is all about, and it is hard to say but this was because of the weather probably my best LM ever for track action.
My thoughts are with Allan, his family and all of his friends, including us.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3269180)   #210
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Never really experienced weather like that before. Like someone was flicking a switch on the shower.

I've come back a bit redder in the face than before I left. That's not difficult for me, but we managed to roll with the meteorological punches.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3269190)   #211
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Could have done with it being a degree or two warmer, and maybe little drier, but in retrospect the rain didn't cause too many headaches.

It was dry for tent erection, and for pulling it down, the periodic downpours didn't catch us when we were without access to cover or goretex, and while the creeping wetness of early Sunday morning was a bit bleak it didn't wash spirits out entirely.

As I've said elsewhere there might be the issue that we need to start seeing these sort of conditions as the new normal, as the climate changes and we start to have cooler wetter summers in north west Europe, the very suggestion of which is presumably enough to have people throwing blunt objects in my general direction.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3269196)   #212
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely a new shift in weather trends in the last few years. Can't really put my finger on exactly what - just the fact that it will be something mental.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3269912)   #213
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For us 'namby pambys', the weather was pretty kind. Even when we were out in it during practice and the race, we managed to avoid being heavily non-sunned upon all week.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3269918)   #214
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Definitely a new shift in weather trends in the last few years. Can't really put my finger on exactly what - just the fact that it will be something mental.
Its a long time ago now but I can remember early 90's were also cold I think we got spoilt in 00's with 30deg + days
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3269923)   #215
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It varied - we got wet consistently in '92 but sweltered in '93, getting very wet again in '95.

The temperature though seems to have steadily decreased. I know members of our little team were pretty cold at various times during the race, although I was generally OK as my thermostat setting seems a little different to most other people..... I still remember late night/early morning in 2011 as the coldest I have ever felt on a race circuit.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3269924)   #216
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
30+ is not fun either. Mid 20's would be ideal!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3269927)   #217
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
30+ is not fun either. Mid 20's would be ideal!
I've acclimatised to OZ weather 30 is a cold summers day