Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Feb 2004, 06:59 (Ref:862277)   #251
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
the best car was the RfH Dome and the Pescarolo Courage when it shows up , and those cars are no match for an Audi either .
Those last years at LM ; but in November, the Pescarolo car was not so far from the private Audi (which is still a factory Audi, in a way). I can't wait to see the Courage Avo with the GV5 engine.

Remember Rondeau.

Remember Courage in 1995.

Tough job, but possible...
Old 4 Feb 2004, 11:32 (Ref:862495)   #252
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what it's all about.
Perseverence & hope even when the chips are down and times are tough- Le Mans spirit!!
Old 4 Feb 2004, 18:10 (Ref:862982)   #253
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from DSC that WR have asked for 2 entries again
Old 4 Feb 2004, 18:46 (Ref:863013)   #254
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Those last years at LM ; but in November, the Pescarolo car was not so far from the private Audi (which is still a factory Audi, in a way). I can't wait to see the Courage Avo with the GV5 engine.

Remember Rondeau.

I hear ya Fab , that would be a popular win ...
Old 5 Feb 2004, 06:13 (Ref:863643)   #255
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I see from DSC that WR have asked for 2 entries again
The classical 4 cylinders and the new 6 ones ?

Too bad that they lack of speed, 'cause I always appreciate the look of the car, not tlaking about the perseverance, and quite an achievement on 24 hours, comparing to the rockets holding only 5 or 6 hours...

But the brand new Courage C65 could make them older sudently...
Old 6 Feb 2004, 19:18 (Ref:865717)   #256
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Pick your number!

Racing for Holland will also use this black/white blocks livery in Le Mans 2004. But (with Jos Verstappen not in the Jordan) I hope it will be a black car with Trust as their main sponsor.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 01:48 (Ref:866001)   #257
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

Remember Rondeau.

The probability of a non-Audi victory is close to zero. Even with the new rules concerning the works on gearbox, any other car is not ready yet to block the Audi pack which will benefit from an official support.
I'm afraid that Pescarolo's car(s) will not be enough reliable with the new engine. Dome are a little less fast.

However, I'm saying close to zero, not zero.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 06:49 (Ref:866114)   #258
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
However, I'm saying close to zero, not zero.
If the challengers park a Panoz at the pit lane gate, Audi teams could encounter some problems, though !
Old 8 Feb 2004, 19:28 (Ref:867303)   #259
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker didn't have a sponsorship problem, their racing was completely covered I understand. The reason the Double 12 couldn't match the Porsches and Modena's was 70 kg of ballast and a 15% smaller restrictor. With their production facilities totally geared towards the Spyder which is selling well, they didn't get enough Double 12's produced to get rid of the penalties.
So they decide to support one of their customers who will run the latest car in one of the National Championships (without penalties).
The GTP is a serious project for 2005/6.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 19:34 (Ref:867312)   #260
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by fangio
Spyker didn't have a sponsorship problem, their racing was completely covered I understand. The reason the Double 12 couldn't match the Porsches and Modena's was 70 kg of ballast and a 15% smaller restrictor. With their production facilities totally geared towards the Spyder which is selling well, they didn't get enough Double 12's produced to get rid of the penalties.
Correct

Quote:
So they decide to support one of their customers who will run the latest car in one of the National Championships (without penalties).
Probably French GT championship.

Quote:
The GTP is a serious project for 2005/6.
I would be happy if they build a GTP but I think they can better concentrate on their GT cars.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 14:28 (Ref:868265)   #261
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Fab ..... somewhere on this forum we discussed the color of the 2001 SMG Courage C60 . I can now tell you that the color quoted in "automodelisme" is Tahiti Blue Metal JRJ 965 Rover . Hope this helps ..... ?
Old 9 Feb 2004, 15:51 (Ref:868350)   #262
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would seiously doubt that sypker has the kind of money to build and develop a prototype, since it seems that they don't seem to have the funding to make their GT car competitive.....so, IMO, a silly idea...
Old 9 Feb 2004, 16:00 (Ref:868364)   #263
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
I would seiously doubt that sypker has the kind of money to build and develop a prototype, since it seems that they don't seem to have the funding to make their GT car competitive.....so, IMO, a silly idea...
Don't forget they have a 70 kg weight penalty.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 16:09 (Ref:868372)   #264
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
I would seiously doubt that sypker has the kind of money to build and develop a prototype, since it seems that they don't seem to have the funding to make their GT car competitive...
Well, let's not forget that they're running a penalized car. The car that's selling is the spyder, not the coupe - but they wanted to race the coupe.

I didn't see company size deterring Lister from developing an LMP.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Feb 2004, 11:55 (Ref:871735)   #265
The Badger
Veteran

According to DSC Pescarolo has entered two chassis for the race . Hope they get in and win the race too !!!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 11:58 (Ref:871739)   #266
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
quick question...whens the deadline for entries? isn't it around the end of this month?

sorry...just seen on the official site that the deadline expired yesterday(if my french is any good). drat...missed my chance!

Last edited by kdr; 12 Feb 2004 at 12:03.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 12:05 (Ref:871746)   #267
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
According to DSC Pescarolo has entered two chassis for the race . Hope they get in and win the race too !!!
lagorce / bourdais / collard - or is this way to unlikely a combo'?
Old 12 Feb 2004, 14:27 (Ref:872020)   #268
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Collard is connected to Pescarolo for LM in Autosport today.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 14:43 (Ref:872040)   #269
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bordais would be affected by whatever the OWRS (formerly CART) racing schedule has listed for events the weekends of Test Days and the week of LM itself...

But of course, Henri could always call the USA and ask directory assistance for a phone listing in Carmel, Indiana, (a suburb of Indianapolis) for Stephane Gregoire....also a solid driver who has some LM experience, correct????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 16:19 (Ref:872117)   #270
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by simon c
lagorce / bourdais / collard - or is this way to unlikely a combo'?
Borudais-Collard-Minassian-Sarrazin-Comas-Halary-Ayari he is supposedly in talks too .
Old 12 Feb 2004, 16:20 (Ref:872118)   #271
The Badger
Veteran

While he is at it he should have a chat to Didier Cottaz !!!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 16:50 (Ref:872141)   #272
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Pescarolo is running Ayari and Helary in the French Supertourisme Championship, no? So they are presumably front-runners to contest Le Mans with him.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 18:26 (Ref:872223)   #273
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Is Bourdais racing for free in Pescarolo's car?
Old 12 Feb 2004, 18:32 (Ref:872231)   #274
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bourdais will have to be available, first...

He is under contract in the US with an OWRS team....Newman Haas I believe...they gave him permission to run the LM 1000 K last November, but if there are conflict between the OWRS dates and anything going for an LM program, the Newman-Haas commitment will win out...they pay him big $$$....

We need to wait until OWRS announces its schedule sometime over the next week or so before talking about Sebastian Bourdais at LM...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 20:04 (Ref:872326)   #275
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais said in an interview a while ago (was it rfmsports.com?) that Newman-Haas would let him compete at Le Mans this year.