Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3089289)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans 2012 LIVECHAT

Hi all,

As always we will be active in the chatroom for most of the week and then also for the race over the weekend! This thread is to remind you of that and incase any of you are having issues with accessing or using the livechat feature.

If you are having issues using the IRCChat link top right (the CGIchat) then please download your own chat client. (something like MIRC or chatzilla for firefox will work better). There are many other clients, google is your friend.

The CGIchat works OK for most user's but will kick everyone off every so often. it also sometimes "lags" behind and you will think noone is chatting to you.

So best option is to install a client as mentioned above. Once installed please use your 10ths nickname and then type '/server irc.phishy.net' to log onto the chat server. And then '/join #motorsport' to join the channel.

Another easy option, where you do not have to install any client is to go to
http://www.mibbit.com/chat/
click on "Server" then enter 'irc.phishy.net'

Please change your nick to your 10ths username and then also enter '#motorsport' as the channel. Click on "GO" and you should be up and chatting!

Please post here if you are having issues or if this workaround has worked for you.

Please remember the chatroom is part of 10ths so all 10ths rules apply there too.
We always have a bit of fun... so for example the ClerkoftheCourse doesnt permit anyone speaking about "sleep" and a few other topics during the Le Mans week.

We also have some chatstats running, for some friendly competition to see who can chat the most. Chatstats abuse not tollerated though
See stats for the previous few LeMans weeks... 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and for 2012 (updated every 6hrs)

Any issues post here AND PM myself.. I will attempt to keep an eye on this thread for the duration of the race. Sleep permitting Oops I just made a bad word!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3089293)   #2
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A fun place to be all week for those unable to attend the race physically!

And nowadays even for those at the circuit with a decent smartphone internet package with the different apps available out there.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3089295)   #3
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely fun, just like watching the race with a bunch of good friends. You don't have to know anyone, you can just turn up and have a good time discussing the race or having a laugh!

Old 11 Jun 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3089308)   #4
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This link takes you straight to the mibbit webchat that Cougar was mentioning earlier http://cbe005.chat.mibbit.com/?serve...=%23motorsport. You dont need to enter the server address or chatroom name, but remember to fill out your nickname
Old 12 Jun 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3089436)   #5
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As a promotor of The chat, who is going to Le Mans, and therefor cannot participate in The chat, i wish you all a very good race, and that you keep awake through the whole race (its at night its The most fun!)
Old 12 Jun 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3089593)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope the chatters have a good time!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 14:31 (Ref:3089601)   #7
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah if you get bored/lonely at night Ayse and you have internet on the track? Why not join us for some live commentary

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3089611)   #8
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure we will, as always

No slee for 24 hours but lemons is totally worth it
Old 12 Jun 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3089698)   #9
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 24 Heures du Chat has added an element of fun to my Le Mans-following experience for the last 2 LM races (and others throughout the year). Will definitely be joining the party again this week.

Also, I've just noticed. 6 lines to my credit already. 15th place. And no cars have gone round the track yet. No pressure.

Last edited by RoeDent; 12 Jun 2012 at 18:29.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3089704)   #10
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
The chat has definitely become part of my race week routine, I hope lots of you will be along for the full 24hrs without that one dreaded word...
Old 12 Jun 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3089719)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
The chat has definitely become part of my race week routine, I hope lots of you will be along for the full 24hrs without that one dreaded word...
Banana?
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3089723)   #12
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Birmingham
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3089724)   #13
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Birmingham
Arh!, my second guess would have been Hannover
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3089736)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never have a Hannover.......
Old 12 Jun 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3089777)   #15
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
You will be glad to hear all the silly words have been removed from the badwords list... Only ONE will be added on Saturday just before the race

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3089782)   #16
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
You will be glad to hear all the silly words have been removed from the badwords list... Only ONE will be added on Saturday just before the race
LOL I wonder...... DW
Old 12 Jun 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3089785)   #17
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
No Le Mans Chat without that word on the bad list (Not Dw)

Last edited by CTD; 12 Jun 2012 at 20:31.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3089799)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Surely it begins with 'R'........
Old 12 Jun 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3089807)   #19
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Surely it begins with 'R'........
Nope . Doesnt even contain that letter.
Wanna play hangman Ayse?
Old 12 Jun 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3089819)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, don't need to. If it's not the 'R' word I don't need to hover with the banning stick......
Old 12 Jun 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3089826)   #21
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
No, don't need to. If it's not the 'R' word I don't need to hover with the banning stick......
Haha, dont worry Cougar (the sexy beast) and Andy does a good job with this word the Chat
Old 12 Jun 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3089827)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The 'Cat'?

Old 12 Jun 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3089833)   #23
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
The 'Cat'?

Both .
(a very late night question about him being a "cougar" i asked under the GT 24hours)
Old 12 Jun 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3089850)   #24
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Well at least here on the forum my avatar does the explaining ... quite an unfortunate name to choose as your online presence some 15 years ago when I had no idea of any other connotations

Top Gun OK!!!

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3089853)   #25
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Well at least here on the forum my avatar does the explaining ... quite an unfortunate name to choose as your online presence some 15 years ago when I had no idea of any other connotations

Top Gun OK!!!
I used to have "fuhr" in my handle.

Not easy to explain once Grant Fuhr retired from Hockey in 1998 (telling my age!!) to younger hockey fans, or even to non-hockey fans.... heh
So now it's F31.

Yes, I like hockey. I'm Canadian. It's a part of my DNA which I didn't try to expel