Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 22 Jun 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1638905)   #1
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DTRC Brands 22/23 July

Is there a list of entries so far and wether they are reserves. Just wondering as i might have been late getting my entry in.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1639379)   #2
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
List will be shown after Combe, incase of withdrawals, but it is pretty full.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 21:32 (Ref:1639406)   #3
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Save your money Andy as I know some well good photos that you need to buy instead of paying for an entry fee anyway!
Old 26 Jun 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1641345)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
No room at the inn for an old guy in an IROC then?
Old 26 Jun 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1641413)   #5
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Put an entry in, you may be lucky, after all you have scored some points.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1641527)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Done that, lets see what happens.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1642808)   #7
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With ten straight wins for Rod, is it time a penalty is introduced? Say, having to tow a BX round?
Old 27 Jun 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1642823)   #8
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We would like to put an entry in with our Super Tourer and try to give Rod some competition but if the entry is full looks like there is no point, is this a deliberate ploy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many class A cars are out and how about squeezing another couple of cars in, or what are the chances of split grids ?

So many questions, so little time !!
Old 27 Jun 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1642828)   #9
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The timetable is tight so little to no chance of split grids. The grid will be full, with only being able to set off 32.

Not sure on the entry list yet...its not been put up in the usual place yet.

Put an entry in and see what happens is the advice I would give, you never know what might happen.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1642830)   #10
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Put an entry in. The worse that is going to happen, is it will be rejected and it will have cost you the price of a stamp.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1642831)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I spoke with Jamie at the BRSCC Monday and he seemed to think it was not full as of then.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1642832)   #12
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Chezza, do you know if we are required both days?
Old 27 Jun 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1642834)   #13
avro
Racer

As I thought a ploy to protect the championship leaders !!!!!

Go on let us play.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1642843)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Don't worry Avro I'll give Rod a run for his money now I have tweeked the old girl a bit only thing is I am in class B (all right, all right I'm pulling yer leg).
Old 27 Jun 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1642874)   #15
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
chezza didn't say the grid WAS full she said it WOULD be full.

there isn't any protection of championship leaders going on, but i would be unfair if drivers who have consistantly supported the championship couldn't get to race due to grid slots going to drivers who just wanted to cherry pick an occasional race, especially if said driver had never raced with us before.

its about time that everyone woke up and stopped trying to enter at the last minute, if a meeting becomes full weeks before entries close and entries are still pilling in then at certain venues there is a chance of a split grid.

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 27 Jun 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1642893)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Alright I hold my hands up, Chief Cherry Picker here. I could not enter before Monday as I wanted to know the outcome of extensive mods I have done prior to the weekends meeting at the Rock which I was using as a a bit of a live test session as it were. I aways thought race entries for registered competitors in a championship (i.e. not an invitation race) was on a first come first served basis and anyone who is a championship contender/regular would have been well entered by now.

I also thought by hanging on this late before I enter those with a more ligite claim to an entry would have been well in by now so I would not be taking their places (one of the reasons I jokingly asked if there was room). How else can you do it, we had this in ModProds, its called being a victim of your own success and is really just one of those things, don't knock it enjoy it while it is in its heyday and long may it live but as in ModProds you never know when the bubble may burst!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 27 Jun 2006 at 20:19.
Old 27 Jun 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1642895)   #17
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well said Carerra and Graham.

I haven't had any contact with the BRSCC so have no idea about what the entry status is like. Thank you for the info about the grid size Al. We more than filled Brands GP so I'd have thought we will definately fill the Indy grid.

Yes, please please please get your entries in nice and early...theres nothing I love more than a week before the event being inundated with calls from people wanting drives. The MSA stipulate that entries cannot be accepted after 12noon on the Tuesday before an event, and most clubs will close entries 14 days before the event, with a late charge betwen then and the MSA date. I must congratulate those who have their entries in for the Lydden rounds in september and october already...were already at 9 for each of those meetings.

Avro, as I said stick an entry in, you don't know if you don't try. There is no protection of championship leaders going on, its just we'd rather give the guys who support us all season a race over those who want to pick and choose.

Please note I'm not handling the entries for this one, they're going straight to the BRSCC.

Carerra, your required sunday only although Sue Birley is organising a rounders match and other social type things in/by the Kentagon on the Saturday evening.

Al, your not cherry picking really...hmmmms...only out at Brands... (only winding you up), your not entering late, theres still 3 or 4 weeks to go, but the earlier people (not singling anyone out here) get their entries in the better it is for everyone.

Last edited by chezza; 27 Jun 2006 at 20:17.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 06:56 (Ref:1643150)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I would have done Snett earlier in the season but car not ready, admit I should have done Combe but got inticed away to the Rock (never raced there before and with what is going on up there thought I had better get in quick), don't do Lydden (sorry, wrote one car off there so its a personal thing) but will endevour to do the next two Brands rounds. It is Cherry Picking I guess and if a regular or championship contender with a GENUINE reason for entering late was put off the grid I may contemplate standing down (thats assuming I am in in the first place of course) if it was just because he was badly organised or lazy then get in the queue behind me mate!
Old 28 Jun 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1643209)   #19
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
By midday on Monday the BRSCC had received 38 entries for DT&RC. Requests have been made for split grids but the timetable currently does not have room.
The non-championship sports and saloon race at Snetterton on July 9th still has plenty of room (£160 for 20 minute race).
Old 28 Jun 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1643630)   #20
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'll be getting entries from me for Brands, in August, and Lydden in September and October. Have got another engine organised, so Fat Boy Farr will be out terrorising those to the rear of the grid!! And with slicks on !!!
Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1644465)   #21
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Alright I hold my hands up, Chief Cherry Picker here.

OI! Stop picking on Cherries !
Old 30 Jun 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1644754)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Sorry Alan, not sure about your second name but the first name is brillaint,your parents are to be congratulated. :-)
Old 30 Jun 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1645297)   #23
phansa88
Racer

England
gravesend
phansa88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTEwe'd rather give the guys who support us all season a race over those who want to pick and choose.
][/QUOTE]Cherry picking some of us have other comitments family work etc.. if some people dont like us racing when we can and call it cherry picking tough
Old 1 Jul 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1645521)   #24
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
theres a very big difference between someone that cant make all the rounds due to commitmants and someone who only does an occasional round because they like that venue or its cheap.

by cherry picking we are referring to people that generally compete in OTHER championship, who only want to to the odd round of ours

at least one competitor trying to get into this meeting has NEVER done a race of anysort with us, so why should they knock someone else who has done a couple of rounds (it doesn't have to be all) off the grid.

1st and foremost, its time people stopped entering at the last minute, you can always enter then withdraw. the very top of our reserve list is a driver who has done all the rounds so far but left it very late to enter

infact when i started sprinting that was exactly what you had to do , if you waited until you knew you would have the car ready or whatever you would not get a drive

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 1 Jul 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1645623)   #25
avro
Racer

Graham, I presume I am the mentioned competitor trying to get in !!

How are you to attract new competative drivers into your series , fine I agree that drivers committed to the full championships should be racing first, but hey get your entries in then.

Also your series is a BARC series guesting at a BRSCC run meeting a bit hypercritical after some of the previous comments from people within the T&RC ranks about the BRSCC !!.

Anyway that all being said it shows that the organisers should have split gids as there are at least 4 other class A cars that would have liked to join as GUESTS, still not to late for someone to wake up and smell the coffee !!