Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 29 Jul 2009, 02:56 (Ref:2510401)   #101
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still sounds like a bargain though.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2510857)   #102
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That figure did include the premium,but for a mainly ally body,as Peter said,is very good value.Shame there aren't more opportunitys to race it though.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2510990)   #103
neil.pass
Rookie

Wales
neil.pass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree its a good price, there's another similarly spec'd C on the market at the moment for £40k albeit with a well documented history.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2511002)   #104
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which one? Is it one of the original five?
Old 30 Jul 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2511652)   #105
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably just another DS replica.Far sooner have the correctly paneled version.!
Old 30 Jul 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2511735)   #106
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think, although I'm not certain, that this was billed as a fully ali panelled car.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2511790)   #107
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
The very reason I would prefer it!
Old 30 Jul 2009, 22:10 (Ref:2511987)   #108
neil.pass
Rookie

Wales
neil.pass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other one for sale at the moment is '30 MGC' which was built in the late eighties/early nineties for Malcolm Young after he missed out on buying RMO. It was built by Doug Smith while he had RMO in the workshop, it's also full alloy body including roof, race prepared 3 litre to works spec, works spec brakes etc etc
Old 31 Jul 2009, 03:53 (Ref:2512128)   #109
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ah yes,

I know that car.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 08:19 (Ref:2512208)   #110
MFFAN
Rookie

MFFAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there a link to the details of this one?

any more shots of your car neil?
Old 31 Jul 2009, 08:30 (Ref:2512218)   #111
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome MFFAN
Old 31 Jul 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2512282)   #112
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I know this car very well,competed against Malcomb at a Goodwood Sprint early 1990. Unfortunately,the organisers decided that the C would go into the same class as my B and also Peter Spooners.I had to settle for a third.
However,I was never aware of the car having an Alloy Roof,unless it has been changed since?
Old 31 Jul 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2512301)   #113
MFFAN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Welcome MFFAN
thanks

Have found the ad for '30 MGC'
Old 31 Jul 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2512303)   #114
JP12
Rookie

England
Bristol
JP12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you seen pictures of 30 MGC recently? It looks like a horrible car now if you ask me.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2512305)   #115
JP12
Rookie

England
Bristol
Here is a link to the ad:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C95434/

Not much of a replica anymore!!
Old 31 Jul 2009, 10:32 (Ref:2512309)   #116
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP12 View Post

My God! Is that a carbon fibre rocker cover on there? How period is that?
Old 31 Jul 2009, 10:32 (Ref:2512310)   #117
MFFAN
Rookie

Quite like the look of it although I'd prefer it with a standard "c" bonnet as on neils "c"
Old 31 Jul 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2512316)   #118
JP12
Rookie

England
Bristol
I think it's more of a modpsort than a true replica now. There's nothing wrong with that but don't think it should be advertised as a replica.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2512340)   #119
MFFAN
Rookie

what was it like before, an exact replica of RMO or MBL?

they certainly look good
Old 31 Jul 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2512409)   #120
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Fairly close to RMO,but as has been said,rip off that Bonnet,get rid of those Seats,Rocker Cover.Fuel Tank will need a cover over it as will the Battery if the car was going to be used for circuit use.£40k? Dont think so.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2512425)   #121
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nope, in its current state closer to 15k methinks.
Old 3 Jan 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2607791)   #122
CJCA
Rookie

United Kingdom
Salop
CJCA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP12 View Post

Looking at this car, Assuming that it does have a 2004cc engine, it looks as though this car isnt prepped for racing as (correct me if I am wrong) it only has a rear roll cage, and no front stays... Just observations, I may be wrong but...

Rgds

ChrisA
Old 4 Jan 2010, 06:09 (Ref:2607868)   #123
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
That is more than was used in period,all the works cars had was a single rear hoop,no diagonals or anything else.
The engine is a 'C' type and not the four pot.
Old 4 Jan 2010, 08:02 (Ref:2607887)   #124
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCA View Post
Looking at this car, Assuming that it does have a 2004cc engine, it looks as though this car isnt prepped for racing as (correct me if I am wrong) it only has a rear roll cage, and no front stays... Just observations, I may be wrong but...

Rgds

ChrisA
What happened to the avatar Chris? [Just realised who you are!]
Old 4 Jan 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2607931)   #125
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
MY mate had a C years ago and I prepared it to drive down to Spain in when our other mutual mate we werer going with in the S3 Bentley was stalling. In the end we went down in the Bentley (do you know thay will do 125mph as I found out when the other two were asleep?). This was early 70's but on the C subject I owned a couple of Healy 3000's and I thought they handled better than the C as the big 6 boat anchor engine fitted in both just seemed too far forward in the chassis. I would be surprised if they ever made a good race car as the 'C' redefined the word understeer as I recollect!

Tags
historic racing, mgc gts, sebring