Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jun 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2240472)   #1301
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
What is there to say after such a demolishing victory???? I see all you porsche guys and gals are already turning your eyes away from it and looking at Spa. Will it be another "boast before, silence later" session? Some of you have suddenly revived after being VERY silent for weeks!!!! Others...well, we are still enjoying VICTORY.
Oh ..... here we go . Its poked its miserable head outta its hole again !!!

Turn my eyes away from what happened at Le Mans ..... what else can I do or am I supposed to do ?

You , on the other hand , didnt get a pic of me wearing a Fiat shirt , as said before !!!

Silent ..... noone can accuse me of being silent !!!

Just watching all you Fiat cronies delight in Porsche woes , cuz ya all know what would have happened at Le Mans , but for Patrick Long .

At the very least there would have been a battle to the flag , but with all the pressure gone , Risi cruised to the finish .

So , prove me wrong , just check the lap times brielga ...... cruisers , the lot of that brigade . I just felt sorry for Virgo ..... loved the parts sharing bit !!!
Old 30 Jun 2008, 13:47 (Ref:2240474)   #1302
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F360
Yep ! Haven't felt the need to say anything
Not that you Fiat fan's ever said anything intelligent anyway !!! Gimme me a break ..................
Old 30 Jun 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2240498)   #1303
F360
Racer

F360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
but(t) for Patrick Long .
Nuff said.
I should think he's had "his" well and truly kicked.

I do think you beetle lovers will get your revenge at Spa, especially if it rains.
Unless of course Mr.Long is driving.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 14:57 (Ref:2240516)   #1304
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got one image for you, Badger...
Old 30 Jun 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2240551)   #1305
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I do think you beetle lovers will get your revenge at Spa, especially if it rains.
Unless of course Mr.Long is driving.
He is, But im still positive it was Lietz at the wheel when the IMSA car collided with the Lizards.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 15:48 (Ref:2240553)   #1306
The Badger
Veteran

Who put that crap pic in this thread ..... should be shot !!!

Nope , Im sure it was Long ..... Ive seen nothing in any of the reports that say its Lietz .

What ..... is Long in the IMSA car for Spa ?!?!?!

Ive just checked ..... he is !!!!! ...... I dont know what to think about that ..... good driver though .

Last edited by The Badger; 30 Jun 2008 at 15:56.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2240580)   #1307
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nope , Im sure it was Long ..... Ive seen nothing in any of the reports that say its Lietz .
DSC's live updates during the race said it was Lietz, although live timing said it was Long but IMSA's driver ID transponders had been playing up throughout the race.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 16:26 (Ref:2240593)   #1308
The Badger
Veteran

Fair piont ..... anyone know for sure who exactly the culprit was then ?
Old 30 Jun 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2240614)   #1309
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Long.
Apparently he apologized to Flying Lizards and Porsche ( on SPEED) .
Said he misread Neiman's intentions in the corner.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 21:10 (Ref:2240878)   #1310
Ebi
Rookie

Malta
Malta
Ebi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone has any photos of the Michelotto built F430 GT1?
Old 30 Jun 2008, 23:55 (Ref:2241050)   #1311
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Who put that crap pic in this thread ..... should be shot !!!

What ..... is Long in the IMSA car for Spa ?!?!?!

Ive just checked ..... he is !!!!! ...... I dont know what to think about that ..... good driver though .
I think it's called being allowed to get away with a mistake, cause almost all the best drivers still make them. Jorg binned the Krohn/White Lightning 996 comprehensively at Le Mans one year, for instance.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 00:50 (Ref:2241060)   #1312
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I think it's called being allowed to get away with a mistake, cause almost all the best drivers still make them. Jorg binned the Krohn/White Lightning 996 comprehensively at Le Mans one year, for instance.
This statement is false, Jorg doesn't make mistakes anymore
Old 1 Jul 2008, 07:58 (Ref:2241174)   #1313
F360
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebi
anyone has any photos of the Michelotto built F430 GT1?
Does one exist ?
I'm only aware of the ADAC spec Academy Racing version, but this is not really GT1, although I haven't seen a photo of that yet.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2241219)   #1314
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I know that , and dont seriously expect that Long should be punished but , you gotta admit , of all the races in the season , its about the biggest mistake a driver of his experiance could possibily make .

When I said that I dont know what to think about Long in the car for Spa ..... Its a personal opinion , but at the same time , I dont expect to see him making the same mistake again , and I suppose I am happy enough to see him in it ..... Im just still sick as a pig about the GT2 battle (or lack of) at Le Mans is all .
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:05 (Ref:2241221)   #1315
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only way for Ferrari to win in Le Mans is when the Porsches are all ko... That's the true. And it's very sad. They talk about an historical result... of course... except for three Porsche (all out), the others were all Ferraris...
What a sadness! They are happy to win in this way. But just because they know, it's the only way they have to jump on the highest step of the podium.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2241238)   #1316
The Badger
Veteran

I tell you something else . I dont know what is going on between the ACO and Porsche ..... But I did hear on good authority at Le Mans , that there is some very bad feelings between them both .....

The only Porsche's that got an entry for Le Mans 2008 , did so on their own back from past results . All 3 entries that were there had a free invite ..... wonder what might have happened if there was no "free" invites ? Would there have been any at all ..... the invites would say no !!!

Sad to see something like that happen , but what can you read from that then ?
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:31 (Ref:2241246)   #1317
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911
The only way for Ferrari to win in Le Mans is when the Porsches are all ko... That's the true. And it's very sad. They talk about an historical result... of course... except for three Porsche (all out), the others were all Ferraris...
What a sadness! They are happy to win in this way. But just because they know, it's the only way they have to jump on the highest step of the podium.
you are so right... it was so sad... so sad I'm still crying.... (image credits Wouter Melissen www.ultimatecarpage.com)
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:38 (Ref:2241251)   #1318
The Badger
Veteran

A rather large axe looks like it may come in handy !!!
Old 1 Jul 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2241281)   #1319
Ebi
Rookie

Malta
Malta
Ebi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does one exist ?
I'm only aware of the ADAC spec Academy Racing version, but this is not really GT1, although I haven't seen a photo of that yet.
Yes is the ADAC one im talking about, there were 2 photos in an italian mag last week but they were small photos so you couldnt make much out of them, but as far as the articile went it seems to be a Proper GT1 car built by micheliotto
Old 1 Jul 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2241385)   #1320
F360
Racer

Ebi, which Italian Magazine ?
Old 1 Jul 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2241500)   #1321
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911
Men are you a sore loser, get over it it was 15 days ago and ferrari took 1-2-3-4
at porsches precius le mans, they got their buts kicked. and now they are licking their wounds,

why did the cluch brake on the felmbayer porsche and nothing what so ever went wrong with the risi ferrari, from now on I dont wanna hear another word about porshe haveing greater reliability then ferrari, they had le mans to show it and they failed. I didnt hear any of you complaing when for the last 5 years ferrari had only 1 car that could race.

Dario be fair Porsche lost fair and squre, admit it and go on with life, there is next years le mans to look forward too. in other words shut up with your silly complaining and let us enjoy the butwiping we gave porsche at their home track

I mean porsche has the qualifying and the best lap, wich as we all know are the 2 most important things to get at le mans

Last edited by arakis; 1 Jul 2008 at 15:41.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2241516)   #1322
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Badger, I know what you mean about Long. However, short of terminating his career instantly, which is not going to happen, the best thing for him to do mentally is to get back in the car and go racing again. If he were to be benched for a while, the net result would be damage to his confidence and doubtless more second-guessing and consequent oopses. He's not the best Porsche pilot, but he's a good one, so his continuance is not surprising imo.

Regarding the tenor of some of this thread recently - wow, talk about childish. Dario, I don't really know what you're trying to start. Porsche and Ferrari had a fair fight, Porsche lost. There will be other fights.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 16:52 (Ref:2241562)   #1323
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Ciao Dario!

Old 2 Jul 2008, 05:04 (Ref:2241960)   #1324
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Can someone post up the pics of the GT1 430? However small it would be much appreciated.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2242067)   #1325
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
Can someone post up the pics of the GT1 430
Yeah ..... be interesting to see what kind of a cock up they have made with that then !!!