Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Oct 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3315772)   #276
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And those little tiny chargers can take a long time to arrive from Hong Kong or wherever they are being despatched from. Admittedly not a problem if you're investing now. Mine arrived about two weeks after the race but will chuck it into the mix for 2014.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3315781)   #277
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i picked up one of those tecknet chargers, the bigger usb one for something like £20 on ayse's recommendation. it has saved my bacon many many times, especially in overnight airport situations and long hire car journeys. if anyone doesn't own one then buy one immediately! far more flexible than one of those cases with built in batteries and very portable if you use a diddy short 3inch cable

at ricard i was needing to charge up before 1pm on both days, but i do use "moves" to track my steps. actually, that's one of the best apps ever if you spend time at circuits. i first used it for monaco and was astounded to discover i walked 15,000 steps+ (around 10km) a day there. i've been even more amazed to find out that it's a fairly constant figure throughout the season and not just at monaco. saturday at both ricard and the hungaroring was a 10km day. also the gps traces are pretty cool
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3315791)   #278
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I ought to be going back to Tecknet for some advertising revenue.......
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3315797)   #279
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I bought a cheap one from Maplin, no worries about waiting for it to be delivered and it did a great job for the week of keeping my phone alive.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3316008)   #280
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They are very good. But don't forget those little cheap ones that Mathias recommended - I bought two of those for peanuts - they work on a single AA battery and will give you pretty much a full charge. I've got two of those as well. Handy to keep in a camera bag
I used mine several times this year!
Both for my iPhone, but also my iPod Nano which I used for Radio. The iPod could play radio for approximately 8 hours, so 2 recharges was necessary. The charger fitted nicely in my sleeve (was carrying the iPod as a watch), and I had a clear reception of RLM almost around the whole circuit (had a bit of trouble at Mulsanne Corner).
So this:
AA Battery Charger
And an iPod Nano:
iPod Nano 6th generation
Was really good investments for 2013, and will be used again in 2014!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3316029)   #281
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes - £1.26 - and it does work!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3316034)   #282
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I used mine several times this year!
Both for my iPhone, but also my iPod Nano which I used for Radio. The iPod could play radio for approximately 8 hours, so 2 recharges was necessary. The charger fitted nicely in my sleeve (was carrying the iPod as a watch), and I had a clear reception of RLM almost around the whole circuit (had a bit of trouble at Mulsanne Corner).
So this:
AA Battery Charger
And an iPod Nano:
iPod Nano 6th generation
Was really good investments for 2013, and will be used again in 2014!
The iPod nano has a radio too? Never knew that. Might get one of those...

OT: nice avatar Aysedasi (although mine is 19 better). Is it an LM seat?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3316037)   #283
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not a seat number, I might struggle to find a number 171..... (Edit - on the other hand..... )

Just an homage.......

Will change soon......
Old 11 Oct 2013, 06:15 (Ref:3316124)   #284
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You've trumped me by 128.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3316143)   #285
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll see your 128 and raise you........

But before the others think we're mad (quite true, of course), on with the topic......
Old 11 Oct 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3316452)   #286
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But before the others think we're mad (quite true, of course), on with the topic......
Ayse, most people who read these threads have met you
Old 11 Oct 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3316494)   #287
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I'll see your 128 and raise you........

Ouch, now I'm 24,957 down in the avatar stakes.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3317977)   #288
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hopefully, I will have NO issues with battery charging. Or sleeping.
Having invested in a Hymer MOTORHOME for next years' weekends away!
Overkill? MOI?

Spa twice, LM twice. Should be worth the money!
Old 15 Oct 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3317980)   #289
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the only thing that puts me off motorhomes is the blue lagoon situation...
Old 15 Oct 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3318140)   #290
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Nice purchase Tim! - So you scrapped the Phaeton plans?
Old 16 Oct 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3318319)   #291
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Hopefully, I will have NO issues with battery charging. Or sleeping.
Having invested in a Hymer MOTORHOME for next years' weekends away!
Overkill? MOI?

Spa twice, LM twice. Should be worth the money!
So that is the end of camping for you then Tim
Old 16 Oct 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3318552)   #292
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
He'll be in a hotel in a couple of years. Bloomin' namby-pamby.......
Old 22 Oct 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3321591)   #293
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Damn straight, mate! She may be 23 years old, but looks and drives fine, and it all works, thus far. I think I got a bargain.

The Phaeton is, sadly, history... Changes in job MAY lead to me investing in a DB7, though. Especially if I can get the parts on staff discount! Well, I do live pretty much next door.

But that is WAY off topic...
Old 22 Oct 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3321662)   #294
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
investing in a DB7 now that sounds a whole load more interesting than a motorhome,
Old 23 Oct 2013, 06:53 (Ref:3322024)   #295
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He'll be in a hotel in a couple of years. Bloomin' namby-pamby.......
Well said.

Make sure you drive a DB7 first Tim - they look great and put AM back on the map, but are not the best drive available in that class and are a bit of a Ford parts bin car. The models that followed are way better.
Old 19 Dec 2013, 01:59 (Ref:3345750)   #296
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Well... The Staff Canteen had a bit of a sale last week.
How could I resist.
One Aston Martin Racing jacket please, in green.
Kerching, get in...
I am REALLY liking the new job!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3389670)   #297
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Thought this could do with a new post, my ear defender radio has arrived but still thinking about what else to buy for this year. so what else are people taking/buying for the 2014 race
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3389699)   #298
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Thought this could do with a new post, my ear defender radio has arrived but still thinking about what else to buy for this year. so what else are people taking/buying for the 2014 race
A caravan!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3389880)   #299
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not sure I have anything new on my list for this year....
Old 8 Apr 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3390123)   #300
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year I will be hiring an f2.8 70-200 for the week, and I may replace my battery charger, but I think I'm all equipped otherwise.

Ah, yes, I need a new camera bag, one that can accomodate the other stuff I cart around at LM as well (water proofs for when it NEVER ****s food, beer etc).

Any suggestions?