Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3399582)   #351
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, chain him to the amps........
Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3399584)   #352
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
And then remove his ear defenders just as they start, while we run for cover
Old 29 Apr 2014, 10:09 (Ref:3399593)   #353
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh please have mercy!
The level of cruelty is reaching the levels of inner hell!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3399595)   #354
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Oh OK then you are sentenced to watch cars go round a track for 24 hours
Old 29 Apr 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3399617)   #355
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Oh OK then you are sentenced to watch cars go round a track for 24 hours
From hell back to heaven!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3399712)   #356
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes but not the Le mans 24 hours it's the 2CV 24 hour race
Old 29 Apr 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3399713)   #357
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
yes but not the Le mans 24 hours it's the 2CV 24 hour race
Or the Beetle Fun Cup 25-hour race.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3399718)   #358
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That is one hour to much punishment
Old 29 Apr 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3399723)   #359
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
No, the extra hour is offset by the fact that that race is at Spa.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3399725)   #360
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh thats OK then the sentence stands then
Old 29 Apr 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3399739)   #361
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Or the Beetle Fun Cup 25-hour race.
We still have a 24 hour race for 2cv's at Spa, still is high on my list of wanting to compete in it. Should be great fun.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3399785)   #362
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Well, that would be ok, as long as it doesn't prohibit me from watching the 24 Hours of Le Mans
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3399794)   #363
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've got some new pens to take to Le Mans with me - does that count?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3399798)   #364
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
If it is new it counts Andrew.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3399801)   #365
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've got some new pens to take to Le Mans with me - does that count?
Only if they are Le mans specific not for use elsewhere
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3399802)   #366
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, apropos of nothing much at all, I shall be taking:-

1. My brand new Shawn Newton custom-made bulb-filler (swapped, as it happens, for an Omas Senna Passion!)

2. My older Shawn Newton custom-made bulb-filler....

3. A Parker Duofold Centennial with an oblique fine nib

4. Possibly a 1950's Aurora 88 (if I can get a nib for it in time) or an Aurora Archivi Storici

Now, pick the bones out of that lot!
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3399803)   #367
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i would if i could understand a word of it
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3399804)   #368
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just 4 of the 40-odd I have at the moment.......
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3399810)   #369
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Just 4 of the 40-odd I have at the moment.......
Bringing 4 so you don't have to worry about refilling them or do you own some form of gentleman's travelling inkwell?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3399811)   #370
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Addicted to collecting pens there Andrew?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3399827)   #371
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
'Fraid so Nobby. As it happens, the Archivi Storici is coming to me from your neck of the woods......

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Bringing 4 so you don't have to worry about refilling them or do you own some form of gentleman's travelling inkwell?
Well, they do exist Ian, but I'll probably bring 2-3 bottles of ink as well......
Old 29 Apr 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3399829)   #372
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Well, they do exist Ian, but I'll probably bring 2-3 bottles of ink as well......
Did not know how famous you got Ayse!
Since you need all that ink for Autographs
Old 29 Apr 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3399838)   #373
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
My cheap airbed has sprung another terminal leak.

Any suggestions for comfortable sleeping mat/bed/etc solutions?

Therm-a-rest branded mats look fancy but are £££/$$$/€€€ so I am tempted to just get another airbed and consider them consumable items.
Another terminal leak?? I guess it is Easter!

What about a self inflate roll mat? My Vango one is tip top.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3399908)   #374
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
'Fraid so Nobby. As it happens, the Archivi Storici is coming to me from your neck of the woods......

The problem with pens for me was that either you never use the (as shameful as a car standing in a museum) or you use them and risk lossing them, I think i eventually lost all but one of the nice pens i was bought or given over the years
Old 30 Apr 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3399967)   #375
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Oh thats OK then the sentence stands then
The next level is of course allowing him to watch the first hour of Le Mans and then refusing to tell him what happened after.