Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Apr 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3399981)   #376
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, apropos of nothing much at all, I shall be taking:-

1. My brand new Shawn Newton custom-made bulb-filler (swapped, as it happens, for an Omas Senna Passion!)

2. My older Shawn Newton custom-made bulb-filler....

3. A Parker Duofold Centennial with an oblique fine nib

4. Possibly a 1950's Aurora 88 (if I can get a nib for it in time) or an Aurora Archivi Storici

Now, pick the bones out of that lot!
Surely the Aurora should only be used at the Le Mans Classic?

I have bought a mate's entire camping set up for a very reasonable price.
Tent, fridge (gas/electric), camping table, gas cooker, inflatable mattress with elec pump, camping pot set, small fire extinguisher, sundry lights, plates etc and a roof box to put it all in.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3399988)   #377
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I have a flat battery to sort on the Hymer, and MOT time, to boot. If I intend to top the Namby Pamby league, I need to get the old girl there!
Old 21 May 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3408569)   #378
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
New numberplates for this year's Le Mans arrived

Old 21 May 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3408578)   #379
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awesome Vince!
Old 21 May 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3408600)   #380
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you consider to change them each year ?
Old 21 May 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3408603)   #381
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Yes.

These are as fake as a 3 euro note and are intended for campsite use only.
Old 21 May 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3408604)   #382
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There are lots of fake plates around le mans one year i counted 5 cars at st saturin with the same number plate "A 5 TON" the chap who owed it at the time was actually in le mans and complained like mad on another forum
Old 21 May 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3408640)   #383
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I won't risk anything illegal in France. I don't fancy sleeping at the gendarmerie.
Old 21 May 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3408673)   #384
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Yes.

These are as fake as a 3 euro note and are intended for campsite use only.

Just as well I turned down the batch of 3 euro notes I was offered and took the genuine 4 euro ones instead then :-)
Old 21 May 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3408677)   #385
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I am still looking for that note, can change it for a 4 euro coin...
Old 21 May 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3408679)   #386
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I won't risk anything illegal in France. I don't fancy sleeping at the gendarmerie.
They have comfortable beds
Old 21 May 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3408682)   #387
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
They have comfortable beds
Here speaks the man with experience
Old 21 May 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3408684)   #388
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Here speaks the man with experience
Which side?
Old 21 May 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3408696)   #389
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Vous êtes un flic?

Did not know that
Old 21 May 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3408712)   #390
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Vous êtes un flic?

Did not know that
No it's a joke!!!! But I had some relations with some.
Old 21 May 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3408741)   #391
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The bug has started, bought the first load of provisions today, tea bags, bacon, perculator coffee and baked beans the box will fill up over the next couple of weeks
Old 21 May 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3408749)   #392
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm on a trimming down mission this year. Last couple of years we've combined it with a family holiday, this year it's back to a mate and me (not sure if others are joining us there as yet or not) - going in a dinky Citroen C1 and camping in little tents etc!
Old 21 May 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3408753)   #393
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In early eighties two of us drove down in a mark 1 spitfire it took ages squeezing in all our gear, stuff under the seats and any available space, on the way down we then stopped for lunch and bought food/beer etc and the only space available was on our laps, and remember there were no seat belts on cars that age, i was surprise the suspension held out
Old 21 May 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3408764)   #394
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Happy to report Hermione's running fine now. I just need to work out why the shower switch isn't working, and buy a second gas bottle. Supplies will be sourced locally!
Well, apart from the local cheese and a decent single malt I hope to introduce at The Meeting.
Old 21 May 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3408781)   #395
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Happy to report Hermione's running fine now. I just need to work out why the shower switch isn't working, and buy a second gas bottle. Supplies will be sourced locally!
Well, apart from the local cheese and a decent single malt I hope to introduce at The Meeting.
perhaps we could introduce Hermione to my mates recent purchase a 30 year old LDV pilot, used as a charity vehicle for the past 250k miles, they might get on alright, we are all on the 7.50am shuttle on tuesday but the old bus might not arrive until a little later than my jag and the daimler
Old 21 May 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3408798)   #396
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
We are bringing something new this year, our own private loo with tent, no more waiting in line for me...
Old 22 May 2014, 05:53 (Ref:3408865)   #397
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
We are bringing something new this year, our own private loo with tent, no more waiting in line for me...
That sounds good but someone has to empty it, and after a diet of beer and BBQ food that is not always a job that will find many people happy to do.
Old 22 May 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3408869)   #398
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
That sounds good but someone has to empty it, and after a diet of beer and BBQ food that is not always a job that will find many people happy to do.
we are going to use heavy duty plastic bags in the toilet so cleaning up will be much easier!
Old 22 May 2014, 06:40 (Ref:3408878)   #399
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In early eighties two of us drove down in a mark 1 spitfire it took ages squeezing in all our gear, stuff under the seats and any available space, on the way down we then stopped for lunch and bought food/beer etc and the only space available was on our laps, and remember there were no seat belts on cars that age, i was surprise the suspension held out
Most of our group will be in 2 seater sportscars and up until the mid '90s we did just that, but more recently we have got someone to drive a van with all the gear so we can enjoy the cars properly. After a years absence I will be taking my 1961 Austin Healey 3000 - it could almost find its own way there as it has been to Le Mans many times since I bought it in 1984
Old 25 May 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3410417)   #400
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!

Get yesterday my Sling Camera strap . Will proof it on the Test Day