Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2019, 02:20 (Ref:3911487)   #1476
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can understand why it would be a bit annoying to have this commentary when its 9\10pm. But its relaxed style is quite fitting when listening at 3am.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 02:28 (Ref:3911495)   #1477
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I think the worst part is when these guys aren't talking, they're smacking their lips right into the mic. I'm putting in effort to match RLM to pics....maybe
I've had good lineup between rlm and the motortrend stream all day/night. I think rlm might be 3 seconds ahead but that is good enough for me.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 02:37 (Ref:3911503)   #1478
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I've had good lineup between rlm and the motortrend stream all day/night. I think rlm might be 3 seconds ahead but that is good enough for me.
I'm lazy and would rather gripe about something!
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:04 (Ref:3911518)   #1479
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does the Toyota not have a drinks bottle?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:09 (Ref:3911522)   #1480
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Does the Toyota not have a drinks bottle?
Lopez helmet has a drinks tube through it so I'd say yes they do
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:11 (Ref:3911525)   #1481
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Lopez helmet has a drinks tube through it so I'd say yes they do
What was the drink bottle looking thing they had during Alonso's pitstop?

Was that oil, or battery coolant?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:15 (Ref:3911526)   #1482
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Eurosport night stint with Cole & Parsons is a nightmare. They've been talking about hydrogen cars for the past 2 hours. Probably after inhaling something stronger than hydrogen.

I'm starting to think Kirby isn't even the weakest link (sometimes even bearable when he sticks to that Bob Varsha style "host" role and lets others do the actual commentating). It is Cole and Parsons. Parsons is definitely too old for this, so there's that but Cole doesn't have that excuse. How is it possible that he has been around for decades and yet is so clueless.

Last edited by deggis; 16 Jun 2019 at 03:21.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:23 (Ref:3911534)   #1483
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it's been a bit of old home show and absolute confusion about the race in front of them. But I've been mostly watching the pictures and trying to stay awake. Sadly falling sleep to them may not be hard.

They just said Juan Manuel Lopez in the Toyota. Wow, Spanish names but not even close
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:23 (Ref:3911535)   #1484
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Eurosport night stint with Cole & Parsons is a nightmare. They've been talking about hydrogen cars for the past 2 hours. Probably after inhaling something stronger than hydrogen.

I'm starting to think Kirby isn't even the weakest link (sometimes even bearable when he sticks to that Bob Varsha style "host" role and lets others do the actual commentating). It is Cole and Parsons. Parsons is definitely too old for this, so there's that but Cole doesn't have that excuse. How is it possible that he has been around for decades and yet is so clueless.
They actually went so off topic that some of their topics actually became relevant for me as it sounds like one of them lives nearby. Quite surreal hearing local news on the worldwide Le Mans coverage!

I don't think an awful lot has happened in the past few hours which is why they're given the license to chat freely at length. But there should be someone there making sure they actually focus on the race at points. Like a half hour update at a minimum.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:44 (Ref:3911551)   #1485
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
They actually went so off topic that some of their topics actually became relevant for me as it sounds like one of them lives nearby. Quite surreal hearing local news on the worldwide Le Mans coverage!

I don't think an awful lot has happened in the past few hours which is why they're given the license to chat freely at length. But there should be someone there making sure they actually focus on the race at points. Like a half hour update at a minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, it's been a bit of old home show and absolute confusion about the race in front of them. But I've been mostly watching the pictures and trying to stay awake. Sadly falling sleep to them may not be hard.

They just said Juan Manuel Lopez in the Toyota. Wow, Spanish names but not even close
My favorite was when they were making so much of "fluid" out of the back of one Toyota. It was a mist of some sort but it was obvious that it was coming off all cars!
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:49 (Ref:3911555)   #1486
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Always hard to tell the exact light levels on the tv cameras but it seems to be getting lighter at the track.

And I might as well go ahead and jynx it, the motortrend online stream has been great quality all day.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:54 (Ref:3911556)   #1487
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
It sounds like Trussers is locked in a basement...
Quote:
Always hard to tell the exact light levels on the tv cameras but it seems to be getting lighter at the track.

And I might as well go ahead and jynx it, the motortrend online stream has been great quality all day.
The app is garbage. Doesn't even work. The browser stream stopped once for me but a refresh took care of that. Otherwise, smooth sailing.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 04:12 (Ref:3911564)   #1488
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
It sounds like Trussers is locked in a basement...The app is garbage. Doesn't even work. The browser stream stopped once for me but a refresh took care of that. Otherwise, smooth sailing.
I went with an HDMI cable to the TV instead of casting and I've had solid coverage. Even with wife on Netflix, son on YouTube and me with a couple other in car streams going.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 04:24 (Ref:3911570)   #1489
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I went with an HDMI cable to the TV instead of casting and I've had solid coverage. Even with wife on Netflix, son on YouTube and me with a couple other in car streams going.
All mine are asleep.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 04:31 (Ref:3911576)   #1490
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It sounds like Trussers is locked in a basement...The app is garbage. Doesn't even work. The browser stream stopped once for me but a refresh took care of that. Otherwise, smooth sailing.
Quote:
I can't cast so it's useless. The main page on my Roku app says "Le Mans Live!" on the main page and then crashes when I click play. I've prepared my bedroom for the evening with cables running everywhere.

When I said earlier that I had spent a lot of money to prevent this, I meant that I have lots of castable electronic devices, a MotorTrend subscription for 2 years (minus a couple of months I let it lapse), and next year I will have been a MotorTrend magazine subscriber for 30 of my 40 years. I've been a Roadkill fan since their 7th video. I want to love their product, just PLEASE give me a stable, working platform to view it from.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 04:37 (Ref:3911580)   #1491
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I can't cast so it's useless. The main page on my Roku app says "Le Mans Live!" on the main page and then crashes when I click play. I've prepared my bedroom for the evening with cables running everywhere.

When I said earlier that I had spent a lot of money to prevent this, I meant that I have lots of castable electronic devices, a MotorTrend subscription for 2 years (minus a couple of months I let it lapse), and next year I will have been a MotorTrend magazine subscriber for 30 of my 40 years. I've been a Roadkill fan since their 7th video. I want to love their product, just PLEASE give me a stable, working platform to view it from.
I see what you mean. I don't have a Roku, just Chromecast and smart TVs.

Maybe this will cheer you up

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gettin-even-do

What????? Is he going to murder more people?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 05:20 (Ref:3911607)   #1492
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I see what you mean. I don't have a Roku, just Chromecast and smart TVs.

Maybe this will cheer you up

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gettin-even-do

What????? Is he going to murder more people?
This guy is still so above even, he needs to kill the real killer.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 05:22 (Ref:3911610)   #1493
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Eurosport night stint with Cole & Parsons is a nightmare.
I did enjoy the other duo: Sam Hancock & Damian Faulkner (if I got the names right)
Old 16 Jun 2019, 06:08 (Ref:3911630)   #1494
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
- wrong thread -
Old 16 Jun 2019, 07:19 (Ref:3911660)   #1495
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I did enjoy the other duo: Sam Hancock & Damian Faulkner (if I got the names right)
I think you did. Hancock is good and seems to have gotten a lot more air time than previously.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3911668)   #1496
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone have a morning shirt update?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3911712)   #1497
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
- wrong thread -
In so many ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I was wondering the same. Did he keep this up all night?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3911777)   #1498
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm still in the same shirt as yesterday. Although it probably doesn't smell as good as yesterday.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3911778)   #1499
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Here we go!
Old 16 Jun 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3911781)   #1500
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I mean, I've worn the same shirt for more than 48 hrs. WTF is this guy's deal?