Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2022, 20:30 (Ref:4112595)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a waste of a Le Mans race.....and worse still, a Le Mans night....
Old 2 Jun 2022, 20:34 (Ref:4112596)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i agree but some people see things differently le mans to them is a camping party weekend
Old 3 Jun 2022, 20:34 (Ref:4112727)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Takes all sorts Simon, I know that.... But if you just want to sit in a field by a tent and booze all day and night, you can do that pretty much any time, any where... Just play some car noises over the stereo....
Old 6 Jun 2022, 10:48 (Ref:4113183)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well result today the ladies on the cheese counter gave me a piece of free crompton bassett stilton so that will be appearing on saturday as long as i can find a fidge on the camp site. Otherwise it may be slightly more moldy that it is supposed to be.
Will take table and some paper plates/plastic cups to make things easier. looking forward to seeing everyone at the meet.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 11:39 (Ref:4113193)   #30
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well result today the ladies on the cheese counter gave me a piece of free crompton bassett stilton so that will be appearing on saturday as long as i can find a fidge on the camp site. Otherwise it may be slightly more moldy that it is supposed to be.
Will take table and some paper plates/plastic cups to make things easier. looking forward to seeing everyone at the meet.
That stilton is great!!

Which reminds me - I need to chase my crackers delivery.... Delivery date tomorrow... so should all be in order. We've got plenty of plastic utensils if required. Just struggling to get out and about at the moment - car trouble!!
Old 6 Jun 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4113195)   #31
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You can freeze it, bring it over in a cold bag and then just let it defrost.
Safe journey
Old 6 Jun 2022, 13:08 (Ref:4113207)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
if we had a freezer on the campsite. it will last in the cool box for a while but our fridge arrives wednesday with vince. The snowdonia cheese is covered in wax so will last longer. But stilton always goes down well with our french friends
Old 6 Jun 2022, 15:24 (Ref:4113243)   #33
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
if we had a freezer on the campsite. it will last in the cool box for a while but our fridge arrives wednesday with vince. The snowdonia cheese is covered in wax so will last longer. But stilton always goes down well with our french friends
Maybe this from Long Clawson Dairy is clearer:

Stilton freezes beautifully. Simply cut into easy to handle portions, wrap in cling film or foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
Defrost in the fridge or a cool larder for about 24 hours before use – slow defrosting is essential to stop the cheese becoming too crumbly. Once defrosted use as normal but eat within a week and do not re-freeze.
Stilton crumbles effortlessly for use in salads, soups and dips. If taken straight from the fridge it slices easily for sandwich use. Grating straight from the freezer is also possible and is perfect for last minute recipes.
Always keep your Stilton well wrapped in the refrigerator and preferably in an air tight container. This prevents the cheese tainting any other foods in the fridge and also stops it being tainted by them in return.
Properly wrapped Stilton will keep perfectly in the fridge for a couple of weeks after opening. During this period, it will continue to mature and will become creamier in texture and develop a more mellow flavour.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 15:55 (Ref:4113255)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I was only given the crompton bishop by the ladies, would have been a bit of a cheek to ask for a free bit of the long clawson. i do buy quite a bit of cheese of cheese off them so they often give me free bits when it has been cut up earlier in the day and not sold. Might pop the stilton in the freezer and get it out in the morning, make sure you try a bit on saturday by the way, Box of english crackers will be available.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4113256)   #35
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
I was only given the crompton bishop by the ladies, would have been a bit of a cheek to ask for a free bit of the long clawson. i do buy quite a bit of cheese of cheese off them so they often give me free bits when it has been cut up earlier in the day and not sold. Might pop the stilton in the freezer and get it out in the morning, make sure you try a bit on saturday by the way, Box of english crackers will be available.
Cheers Simon. I'll be aiming for the Snowdonia and the Crompton Bishop.
English crackers, that's what they call me round here.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 16:01 (Ref:4113259)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Could be worse, but i guess i understand how you got that name, see you soon
Old 6 Jun 2022, 16:03 (Ref:4113261)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
'English Crackers', now that's a whole sub-group at the Ten Tenths meeting!
Old 6 Jun 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4113265)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
And the founder members of that little group are? Any goodies from the new forest this year Andrew
Old 6 Jun 2022, 19:40 (Ref:4113312)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
And the founder members of that little group are? Any goodies from the new forest this year Andrew
Sadly not, leaving the UK a full 10 days before the meeting isn't a great idea for perishables....
Old 6 Jun 2022, 20:18 (Ref:4113317)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sadly not, leaving the UK a full 10 days before the meeting isn't a great idea for perishables....
cider lasts well in the plastic containers they sell at the farms
Old 7 Jun 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4113425)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
cider lasts well in the plastic containers they sell at the farms
coincidentally, so does petrol
Old 7 Jun 2022, 16:23 (Ref:4113433)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
coincidentally, so does petrol
Not with all that water in it. It goes stale pretty quickly.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 19:56 (Ref:4114538)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did you all have fun?
Old 12 Jun 2022, 03:34 (Ref:4114818)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did we had quite a group.
Old 12 Jun 2022, 17:40 (Ref:4115209)   #45
Kpy
Veteran

Great to meet everyone again after 3 years.
I'm lucky to link close enough to be home already, but looking forward to seeing some of you at the Classic
Old 13 Jun 2022, 10:19 (Ref:4115318)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well to be honest i was worried about numbers this year, but that was some meet great to see everyone again and hopefully i spoke to everyone. hope everyone tried the various bits on offer and thanks to all those that were able to bring stuff. Shame a certain daughter of mine only got there after the photo but looking forward to seeing the usual group photo soon
Old 13 Jun 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4115324)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was nice to see a full crowd again, it certainly made it seem alive again from what I saw. Plenty of more great times to come
Old 13 Jun 2022, 12:35 (Ref:4115344)   #48
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It was nice to see a full crowd again, it certainly made it seem alive again from what I saw. Plenty of more great times to come
Did we miss you at the meeting.....?
Old 16 Jun 2022, 11:54 (Ref:4115883)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Well to be honest i was worried about numbers this year, but that was some meet great to see everyone again and hopefully i spoke to everyone. hope everyone tried the various bits on offer and thanks to all those that were able to bring stuff. Shame a certain daughter of mine only got there after the photo but looking forward to seeing the usual group photo soon
Ton has posted it on FB already....
Attached Thumbnails
285180769_3089985111311873_6682461821173400579_n.jpg  
Old 16 Jun 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4115884)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Did we miss you at the meeting.....?
No Nobby, SG hasn't been to Le Mans. I keep telling him what he's missing....