Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Aug 2022, 10:10 (Ref:4122513)   #426
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone need any socks?

https://pt.heeltread.com/products/24...zu5rcyI.N9jAaU
Old 12 Aug 2022, 08:09 (Ref:4122600)   #427
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
socks? at le mans? Sandals only surely Andrew
Old 12 Aug 2022, 08:23 (Ref:4122602)   #428
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sandals? No chance. I really hate them!
Old 12 Aug 2022, 08:34 (Ref:4122603)   #429
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well too hot for shoes and socks at the moment, sandals only for me
Old 12 Aug 2022, 08:48 (Ref:4122605)   #430
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I only wear socks if I'm doing running, cycling or tennis or if it rains. Or if it's an important event that requires socks
Old 12 Aug 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4122614)   #431
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I only wear socks if I'm doing running, cycling or tennis or if it rains. Or if it's an important event that requires socks
Do you carry a pair of socks with you in case it starts raining unexpectedly?

Old 12 Aug 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4122619)   #432
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess I'm a bit old fashioned. Sweaty unsocked feet in any kind of shoes is really unpleasant.....
Old 12 Aug 2022, 12:47 (Ref:4122621)   #433
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I guess I'm a bit old fashioned. Sweaty unsocked feet in any kind of shoes is really unpleasant.....
And lingering
Old 12 Aug 2022, 13:50 (Ref:4122626)   #434
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Indeed......
Old 13 Aug 2022, 01:28 (Ref:4122644)   #435
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...20180611174096
Old 21 Oct 2022, 16:48 (Ref:4131018)   #436
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Talk of 2023 ticket design elsewhere reminds me that I have Le Mans ACO member packs for 1997 to 2019 - 23 years. Happy to sell them on to a new home.

All in original boxes and have programme, entry list, results, photo / print plus poster. Some years have stickers and coasters. As they were posted to me after the event some of the posters are not mint but, otherwise, all in good condition. Cn provide a detailed schedule.

Any interest out there ? I am UK - South East Midlands and frequent a number of motorsport venues on a regular basis if that helps.
Old 21 Oct 2022, 19:07 (Ref:4131026)   #437
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Snap! I joined in 1997 too. I think I have the last 10 years of boxes, but the contents of those before that are stored elsewhere. Well worth it for the collector.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 10:52 (Ref:4147001)   #438
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i know this years tickets are fetching more but this is ridiculous

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325572602...3ABFBMvrrj-9th

i still have my 1991 one
Old 14 Mar 2023, 10:56 (Ref:4147003)   #439
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i know this years tickets are fetching more but this is ridiculous

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325572602...3ABFBMvrrj-9th

i still have my 1991 one
Ludicrous price. I have that one too, unsurprisingly. I don't believe it's that rare, in fact IIRC, I swapped 4 of them a couple of years ago. Now if you can find a 1991 Series B or C, I'd be interested.....
Old 14 Mar 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4147021)   #440
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ludicrous price. I have that one too, unsurprisingly. I don't believe it's that rare, in fact IIRC, I swapped 4 of them a couple of years ago. Now if you can find a 1991 Series B or C, I'd be interested.....
A local 'automobilia' auction site in Aus (ironically called Donington auctions) had a 1958 LM24 ticket for sale the other day....described simply as "Le Mans: An original 1958 Le Mans entry ticket, specifically for the 21st and 22nd June, 1958"
I was the winning bid at one stage going into the final day.... at AU$20 (about £11.00). I missed the final part of the auction and it ended up going for AU$100 at hammer fall.

Last edited by E.B; 14 Mar 2023 at 13:57.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4147037)   #441
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
appears down under is the best place to sell old tickets, they must have a shortage of other things to buy or are just have to much money
Old 14 Mar 2023, 20:24 (Ref:4147080)   #442
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
A local 'automobilia' auction site in Aus (ironically called Donington auctions) had a 1958 LM24 ticket for sale the other day....described simply as "Le Mans: An original 1958 Le Mans entry ticket, specifically for the 21st and 22nd June, 1958"
I was the winning bid at one stage going into the final day.... at AU$20 (about £11.00). I missed the final part of the auction and it ended up going for AU$100 at hammer fall.
Expensive. I have a 1957 Sommer grandstand ticket which, while not perfect, cost me a heck of a lot less. I also have several dating from the early 60's. I don't think I've ever bought a single ticket for more than £12-15.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 23:20 (Ref:4147098)   #443
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If this is a real price for things I’m off to the attic.
This fits the title of the thread because of the price!
Old 15 Mar 2023, 01:20 (Ref:4147117)   #444
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Expensive. I have a 1957 Sommer grandstand ticket which, while not perfect, cost me a heck of a lot less. I also have several dating from the early 60's. I don't think I've ever bought a single ticket for more than £12-15.
Yeah I was in at AU$20(£11) but no way I would have paid over $25. It was only going to be a 'thank-you' gift to a Le Mans freak friend who did me a favour. He got a bottle of wine instead. . I have old tickets but have never bought tickets to event I wasn't at. I drew the line on memorabilia to books models and art work.
Having recently moved after 35 years in the same house I had a major clearout of stuff I had collected / accumulated over the years and tbh had forgotten I even had.
Old 15 Mar 2023, 09:11 (Ref:4147135)   #445
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
If this is a real price for things I’m off to the attic.
This fits the title of the thread because of the price!
If anyone pays that price for a 1991 ticket, they're nuts. Just because it was the 'Schumacher Le Mans'...... What should I charge for mine, I wonder.....?
Attached Thumbnails
LM1991.jpg  
Old 15 Mar 2023, 10:25 (Ref:4147139)   #446
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well andrew, at those prices you could sell your entire collection and buy a place in le mans or perhaps an historic vehicle to take to the classic this year
Old 10 May 2023, 10:21 (Ref:4155359)   #447
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/...37e35bb9&ei=28

Well this is probably going to be the most expensive thing ever to appear on this thread, i want it but would have to win the lottery a least once to have a chance of raising enough
Old 10 May 2023, 19:23 (Ref:4155457)   #448
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I always fancied having one of the road legal cars just for a day or two. I always envisaged turning up in the office car park then realising that there's no way I'd get it into the car park.....
Old 10 May 2023, 19:56 (Ref:4155473)   #449
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
EB, had some fun with the pictured ticket. Lets see what our very official gives for the 400 Francs français asked in 1958… 7,58 Euros which is ridiculous. I found this using our gov' converter.

Remember the Lethal Weapon 4 movie? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM7k-h37QcA
Old 12 May 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4155722)   #450
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I always fancied having one of the road legal cars just for a day or two. I always envisaged turning up in the office car park then realising that there's no way I'd get it into the car park.....
You can take one onto the Eurotunnel, so an office car park should be OK too?
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeDaW...MDJmNzVkMjY%3D