Zhou Guanyu 0 0%
Alexander Albon 0 0%
Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Oct 2022, 04:37 (Ref:4128342)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Singapore Grand Prix 2022

Who gets your vote?
Old 2 Oct 2022, 15:12 (Ref:4128419)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez, unquestionably.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4128428)   #3
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I would have said Max again for coming from dead last at one stage to 7 under very difficult to pass conditions. But he (or his car) did fudge the start and he did have one off at least.

So Perez. Cool collected drive under constant pressure from CLc and all sorts of conditions and safety cars etc, and at the end when told of the investigation managed to open the lead to 7 seconds

Honourable mention to DR3 (finally) for working his way up from nowhere to 5th with what looked to be an error free drive (and some luck and good pit strategy)
Old 2 Oct 2022, 16:56 (Ref:4128440)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez, even if he does get a penalty and has the win taken away.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 19:31 (Ref:4128455)   #5
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Checo
Old 2 Oct 2022, 20:09 (Ref:4128458)   #6
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Norris, but I could equally have voted for Perez.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 20:09 (Ref:4128459)   #7
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Perez. Nobody else comes even close
Old 2 Oct 2022, 20:11 (Ref:4128460)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez. Irrespective of the safety car indiscretion(s), he deserves that one. Norris a highly creditable second with Ricciardo third. Not sure how Max has got a vote in this one. Not his greatest day.
Old 2 Oct 2022, 22:15 (Ref:4128478)   #9
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was tempted to say “all the drivers who didn’t go down an escape road or poke it into the wall”, but that is setting the bar too low, even if it is a pretty exclusive club.
I might have said Perez, but he only “won in the best car” so it’s not that great an achievement.
I went for Lando Norris who did some intelligent battling with Verstappen and took the fourth best car (at best) to fourth place.
Old 3 Oct 2022, 01:05 (Ref:4128492)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I wasn't impressed with Perez trying to bully the Safety Car into going faster - he should know that the SC is only following Race Control's direction in the interest, primarily, of marshals' safety - but despite that I'd give it to him for a great start, and continuing to hold the lead under great pressur ein trying circumstances - and then having the ability to pull out a significant lead over the last few laps.
Old 3 Oct 2022, 07:39 (Ref:4128506)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Checo for me. Nice to see him back to his best
Old 3 Oct 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4128534)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Lando for me - nobody had 4th place in a McLaren as a likely result this weekend.

Honourable mentions for Ricciardo, Stroll and Vettel. Given how many drivers made mistakes I was surprised Stroll kept it out of the wall to be honest.

Perez drove well but with Max qualifying so far out of position a Perez win was fairly likely given the apparent pace of the Red Bull.
Old 3 Oct 2022, 13:15 (Ref:4128537)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sergio got my vote.
Old 3 Oct 2022, 18:09 (Ref:4128567)   #14
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think I want to give a pat on the back to Schumacher. As he exited the pit lane, he saw a tight fight going on right there, and he backed off and let them pass. Good thinking. Compared to some others who did massive mistakes, he did decently well.

The same thing with young Stroll, who clearly knows how to drive in the wet.

I was a bit amazed by how sloppily Verstappen drove. He made a raft of mistakes, and his competitor Leclerc did a bunch of them as well. But, he has been doing that before when it has been tight. I am actually a bit surprised he did not it in the wall.

Clearly Russel and Hamilton are desperate, because they did not drive cool and collected in this race. Which makes me think of a certain Magnusen. Why is he always involved in something? Not impressed.

I was impressed with Alonso, though. He drove like the champ he is, and while I cheer for McLaren, his end was heartbreaking.

Which brings me to McLaren. Norris put that car where it should be, and that was by wrestling a bull, having some luck and a team that acted calmly. But, had he not driven like he did, it would not have ended that good. Lando Norris gets my vote.

Also massive kudos to Perez to bring it home. The car belongs there, so really why isn't he there more often? Still extremely well done.
Old 4 Oct 2022, 02:08 (Ref:4128622)   #15
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lando with kudos to Perez and the Ferrari guys.