Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Oct 2022, 14:16 (Ref:4128085)   #326
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Although given current showroom trends, we're probably going to end up with a Mazda CX-60 representing the future of RWD in the BTCC
Not much wrong with that sort of cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLb6JafBYVg
Old 2 Oct 2022, 20:15 (Ref:4128465)   #327
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Not much wrong with that sort of cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLb6JafBYVg
Execpt all those are siloutte racers of the same vain as the failed TTA/STCC championship base on space frame solution F cars. About as much to do with the crossover/SUV they are based on as me taking my glasses off and squinting at a bad fibreglass replica of a body shell.
Old 5 Oct 2022, 17:48 (Ref:4128789)   #328
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
TOCA seeking new junior series for BTCC package

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2022...-btcc-package/

How about using B-SUVs like the Ford Puma, Hyundai Kona, Toyota Yaris Cross and Honda HR-V?
Old 6 Oct 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4128873)   #329
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the horses mouth on Plato's future and will he be back next season: https://youtu.be/89ewWC0TpuI?t=3872
Old 6 Oct 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4128882)   #330
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

How about using B-SUVs like the Ford Puma, Hyundai Kona, Toyota Yaris Cross and Honda HR-V?
Toyota UK are looking to invest in marketing in the UK in 2023. The GR86s go well around Bathurst I see.
Old 6 Oct 2022, 13:33 (Ref:4128895)   #331
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
From the horses mouth on Plato's future and will he be back next season: https://youtu.be/89ewWC0TpuI?t=3872
Thanks for posting this. How I interpreted that was - this is his last weekend, he has no drive for 2023, and he'll see how things go over the winter as to whether he changes his decision and has a look at next year.
Old 7 Oct 2022, 07:05 (Ref:4128972)   #332
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So does that mean BTC have let him go? Who's going to take him up instead?
Old 7 Oct 2022, 07:57 (Ref:4128977)   #333
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So does that mean BTC have let him go? Who's going to take him up instead?
He would have been on a one year deal. Few drivers have a multi-year agreement, and at the point the deal was done he was intending to retire so little point in doing anything other than a single year.

Next year will depend on what decision he makes over the winter, but also how quickly he makes that decision, how quickly he can put together a sponsorship package after making that decision, and what seats are left at that point. I'm sure BTC would have him back but they can only keep the seat open so long.
Old 7 Oct 2022, 12:43 (Ref:4129008)   #334
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did I read somewhere that Halfords and Dynamics are parting company at the end of this year ?
Old 7 Oct 2022, 17:39 (Ref:4129035)   #335
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

I assume it will be a one make series.
Tocatrucky suggests Toyota GT86. What about the (GR) Yaris?
Old 7 Oct 2022, 18:27 (Ref:4129043)   #336
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Would be a nice change to have something other than a one make series
Old 7 Oct 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4129049)   #337
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
something like GT Cup ?
Old 7 Oct 2022, 19:21 (Ref:4129054)   #338
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Did I read somewhere that Halfords and Dynamics are parting company at the end of this year ?
When the Cataclean deal was announced:

"The move to Dynamics for 2021 comes as part of a ‘multi-year partnership’ between long-time team sponsor Halfords, and Rowbottom’s own long-time sponsor Cataclean, with both Honda and Yuasa electing to focus on ‘other challenges’."
Old 7 Oct 2022, 22:40 (Ref:4129077)   #339
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I assume it will be a one make series.
Tocatrucky suggests Toyota GT86. What about the (GR) Yaris?
Those would be far too expensive I think in comparison to the JSCC & Fiestas, especially for junior drivers looking to make the first move into motorsport. Not sure how that would compare to the G40s which must be significantly more pricey.

I struggle to see a junior series utilising brand new cars, unless it's something very small and cheap like superminis - Kia Picantos and Hyundai i10s etc.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 07:23 (Ref:4129139)   #340
S griffin
Veteran

Ginetta junior is going to be a very big hole to fill. If only we could bring back the Clio Cup...
Old 8 Oct 2022, 08:09 (Ref:4129148)   #341
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chilton confirmed for 2023

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00063616868766
Old 8 Oct 2022, 08:25 (Ref:4129150)   #342
S griffin
Veteran

That’s good, he’s definitely raised his game after a slow start to the season
Old 8 Oct 2022, 08:39 (Ref:4129153)   #343
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Autosport confirms a new build car for him, and also Ingram staying too.

Has had a more positive end to the season, for the most part, though has looked rather amateur at times this year. Hopefully he can carry the momentum into next year.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4129198)   #344
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New chassis being built after just 3 years shows how strong the Exceler8 team is. I wonder if they will build a new one for Ingram too?

As for the a replacement junior championship, it will have to use new cars, as per the rest of the TOCA package. The Ginettas are £40k+vat - that would get you a decent small hatch with some limited upgrades to make a suitable race car for juniors. A Fiesta ST has a slightly better power to weight ratio, but no reason they couldn't be detuned - would be good to see a series with small hatches, Fiesta, i20n, Polo, 208, etc
Old 8 Oct 2022, 14:06 (Ref:4129203)   #345
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
New chassis being built after just 3 years shows how strong the Exceler8 team is. I wonder if they will build a new one for Ingram too?

I cannot recall Ingram having been involved in any incidents this year - of, my memory could well be failing - and so I expect his car is considerably straighter than Chilton's. And maybe the Chilton's are actually paying for a new build considering how bent his car must have been at times this season!
Old 8 Oct 2022, 16:39 (Ref:4129239)   #346
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Chilton says "all" the chassis. So could be a few spare Hyundais on offer next year!
Old 8 Oct 2022, 16:52 (Ref:4129244)   #347
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be nice if they ran the facelift model.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 17:15 (Ref:4129247)   #348
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could the Spare Hyundais make their way to Laser Tools ?
Old 8 Oct 2022, 17:28 (Ref:4129251)   #349
Evantra
Veteran

England
Also, believe Addison alluded to Ricky Collard's return being uncertain.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 20:00 (Ref:4129289)   #350
PGib92
Rookie

PGib92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many teams built new chassis for this year to better package they hybrid running gear?

I'd imagine those running modied builds from last season, and the new toca unit this season, would have learnt a fair bit to optimise the platform should they be planning new builds over the winter