Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Nov 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1453407)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
New series on Discovery Channel: The Road to Le Mans

A few minutes ago at Discovery Channel (Dutch version) there was a promo for a new series: The Road to Le Mans. At the Dutch Discovery Channel this new series starts on Monday 21 November. Don't know about other countries.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1453413)   #2
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the bottom of that link it said Discovery Worldwide.

WOO HOO!!!!
Old 6 Nov 2005, 16:40 (Ref:1453446)   #3
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was annouced before LeMans 2005, think it is about Courage.
Including the complete manufactoring of the car
Old 6 Nov 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1453472)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
it was annouced before LeMans 2005, think it is about Courage.
Including the complete manufactoring of the car
I have seen the promo again and they show Creation mechanics and their car. So I think it's especially about Creation.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 18:47 (Ref:1453494)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They gotta do a feature on those special drinking for Holland guys then !!!
Old 6 Nov 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1453523)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very old news I'm afraid, but we only recently found out the broadcast dates.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it on here when it was first announced but that was a long time ago. It's a documentary following Creation's road to Le Mans. It covers winter development of the DBA with the build up to Le Mans and the race itself. Three one hour episodes starting Monday 21st November.

Creation circulated a press release on 5th May this year which you'll find archived in their news section. It's also been discussed on Creation's own forum which will give you a few extra details.

Creation's website can be found here.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1453553)   #7
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool, it will be fun to watch. I hope it brings more main stream media to Le Mans in the U.S.A, which in my opinion is just as important as the Indy 500. Discovery shows Top Gear every week in the US.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 03:16 (Ref:1453821)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad to say, it's not likely to come to America. Problems with rights over Le Mans, apparently. Speed TV is currently a roadblock... Or was last time I spoke to slick.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 7 Nov 2005, 03:38 (Ref:1453827)   #9
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Sad to say, it's not likely to come to America. Problems with rights over Le Mans, apparently. Speed TV is currently a roadblock... Or was last time I spoke to slick.
Wonderful. They treat sportscar racing like a second-rate ******* child compared to NASCAR most of the time, but will fight tooth and nail to protect their rights to do so. Don't get me wrong, I still like SpeedTV some of the time, I'd much rather it was there than nothing at all. Still, I guess the part of me that remembers the glory days of Speedvision can't help but look for a reason to snipe them.

That, and I want to see this show!

EDIT: Part of me finds it very funny that we can't talk about illegitimate offspring on this forum.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 04:10 (Ref:1453833)   #10
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least they show Le Mans. A LOT OF IT!!!!!!!!! So, let's be nice, because I would hate to watch Le Mans on the eurosport live deal on the net, like I watch the SPA/Zolder 24 on HIBN.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 05:15 (Ref:1453857)   #11
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
At least they show Le Mans. A LOT OF IT!!!!!!!!! So, let's be nice, because I would hate to watch Le Mans on the eurosport live deal on the net, like I watch the SPA/Zolder 24 on HIBN.
Yes, I know...I just can't help but pine for the days when they showed Le Mans and the other enduros uninterrupted. Now that was what a motorsport network whould do!
Old 7 Nov 2005, 16:16 (Ref:1454327)   #12
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Yes, I know...I just can't help but pine for the days when they showed Le Mans and the other enduros uninterrupted. Now that was what a motorsport network whould do!
You have just answered your own question. $peed is a NA$CAR Network, not a Motorsports Network.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1454717)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk

EDIT: Part of me finds it very funny that we can't talk about illegitimate offspring on this forum.

FWIW, I agree with you. Unlike most other censored words, I find no great offence in this term. It has a wholly legitimate use, if you pardon the pun....
Old 8 Nov 2005, 03:14 (Ref:1454895)   #14
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No listing on discovery.com

what a bunch of junk!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1455105)   #15
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
They gotta do a feature on those special drinking for Holland guys then !!!
Thanks Gerry, I still owe you that cold beer. Please come and pick it up at Maison Blanche next year
Old 8 Nov 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1455162)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
Thanks Gerry, I still owe you that cold beer. Please come and pick it up at Maison Blanche next year
I promise to do that next year . Every year I get to do less of what "I" want to do ..... but thats gonta change mate !!!

I might even bring you a very special drink from the Bahamas .....
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1455187)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
A few minutes ago at Discovery Channel (Dutch version) there was a promo for a new series: The Road to Le Mans. At the Dutch Discovery Channel this new series starts on Monday 21 November. Don't know about other countries.

And who is this guy Les Mans that they refer to on the Discovery page?

Perhaps he's related to that unhappy Australian guy, you know, Les Miserables......?

Do we have any idea how long the series will last? Looks like another "saver" - like the McLaren one back in 1993.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1455237)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
And who is this guy Les Mans that they refer to on the Discovery page?

Perhaps he's related to that unhappy Australian guy, you know, Les Miserables......?

Do we have any idea how long the series will last? Looks like another "saver" - like the McLaren one back in 1993.
It was edited as a 6x30 minute series. Broadcast, however, will be 3x60 minute programmes.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1456340)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, excellent, thanks for that.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1456454)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Do we know when it is going to be screened in the UK?
Old 9 Nov 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1456479)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Do we know when it is going to be screened in the UK?
First part will be screened on Monday 21st November and from memory I think it's at 8pm. I assume the other two parts will be broadcast at the same time on the following two consecutive Mondays.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1466428)   #22
renkadima
Rookie

renkadima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*bump*
Old 21 Nov 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1466443)   #23
AdrianG
Racer

AdrianG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Screening in Australia??
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1466569)   #24
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please someone--- when it's on, record it and share it on limewire!!!
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1466577)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
In Holland and Belgium this series is shown at Discovery from Monday to Saterday at 19:30h CET.

The whole series (6 parts) are shown on Sunday afternoon from 15:00h CET til 18:00h CET.