Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2477276)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
How many Le Mans for your car

As I prepared my Rover 75 tourer for it's trip this week I realised that this year will be it's 5th trip down, can anyone beat this what type of car is it?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2477292)   #2
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Not even close - been a different one for each of the three years for me. None of them of course particularly iconic - company Prius in '07, Hyundai Coupe last year, and this time round it's the company Land Rover.

Obviously aspire to one day make it in something that might make a decent claim to desirability.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 22:15 (Ref:2477293)   #3
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Our red Toyota Celica GTfour ST185 matches that. Before we went with a black version of the same model for 5 years as well.
Both cars also went to a classic Le mans with us.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2477299)   #4
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
First one for this current car, one before went seven years in a row ...both BMW 330 D Sports
Old 8 Jun 2009, 06:37 (Ref:2477420)   #5
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
This is the first Le Mans I am going as a passenger but in the past I have taken the following:

Austin Healey Sprite 2 times
Austin Healey 3000 12 times
Jeep Cherokee - 1 time
Maserati 3200GT - 2 times
Dino 246 GTS - 6 times
Old 8 Jun 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2477444)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Difficult to remember all of the cars but either driving or passenger/co driver

Rover 75 tourer 4 (will be five)
Rover 420GSI 2
Rover 600 1
Rover 414 1 (reserve car stag broke down day before we left)
MG Meastro 2
Golf gti (various) 3
Diesel Fiesta 1
BMW 328 Convert 1
Triumph GT6 3
Triumph TR4 2
Triumph Spitfire Mk1 2
Coach (Page & Moy) 1 (first time)
Stag 1 (last years classic)
Old 8 Jun 2009, 07:51 (Ref:2477448)   #7
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ahem, did someone nick my thread idea?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2477455)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In 24 visits, I've never taken my own car.......
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2477463)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In 24 visits, I've never taken my own car.......
You should try it, I enjoy the drive down and back it's part of the "holiday".

If I am a passenger only then some of the fun would be missing.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2477473)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's the travelling back after the race that's the most concern, not having slept since Friday night.......
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2477479)   #11
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's the travelling back after the race that's the most concern, not having slept since Friday night.......
I love the drive - its a big part of it. We avoid all Autoroutes and A roads and find a different route through the 'D roads every year.

We do decamp to a hotel on Sunday night though for a decent nights sleep which makes the drive easier
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2477483)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Trouble is, we tend to drive straight back to the coast immediately after the race - I've never quite understood why - although it gives us all day in France on the Monday.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2477630)   #13
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will also be my '78 Aston's 5th trip, she has also been to all of the LM Classic's as well.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 18:26 (Ref:2477840)   #14
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been going in an '77 Alfa Spider the past two years but this year its a £200 Alfa GTV (why?!)
Old 8 Jun 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2477992)   #15
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, well my Dad and I are doing the 2nd trip down in a Mondeo this time, we've done it once in a VW camper (that took hours and days to get there) and 5 times in an RX7.

Edit -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I've been going in an '77 Alfa Spider
Very nice . I was going to bring my 156, but hopefully its going in for a respray while I'm away.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2478173)   #16
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Including Classic Le mans, Myself and Mrs 'Bottle have shared the driving of...

Vincent Hurricane- 3 1/2 times (1998, 2002 (Classic) Overheated 70 miles out of Calais on the way to the Classic in 2004! made it there and back for Classic 2006)

1984 Ford Granada- 2 (1999 and 2001)

Quantum H4- 2 (2003, 2004 Classic)

Toyota Previa- 2 (2006 and 2008 Classica)

I'll be taking the Quantum again this time
Old 9 Jun 2009, 22:17 (Ref:2478739)   #17
silas184
Rookie

silas184 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After six journeys in an MX5 with two of us and all the camping gear we are journeying in a Jaguar XJR this year with reclining seats - the luxury.

Petrol consumption will be slightly higher!

Ours is the one stickered up with

My other car is a Toyota Prius . . . .

Last edited by silas184; 9 Jun 2009 at 22:19. Reason: Spelling
Old 10 Jun 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2478814)   #18
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, the Boss's Golf Estate is breaking a duck this year. Wish us luck...
Old 12 Jun 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2480903)   #19
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sure the Skoda did 6 years, but was replaced with an RX8 last year and I'm not going this year, although I'm looking forward to the 24 Hours of Fleet as I sleep on the sofa, stay up to 3 in the morning watching the race (via the TV - I might even know what's going on!), consume quite a few bottles/cans of beer and tuck into a BBQ on Saturday night.

Should get some french bread and odd smelling cheeses to complete the effect - Although the wife's drawn the line at me not allowing anyone to flush the loo for 3 days!

Hope to return next year and will probably be back for the Mazda's second visit.

M.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2481184)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
E-Type did 15 years, XJ8 did 2 years and an XJ40 did one. Although one year the E-Type came back on a truck due to a clutch failure. So some of that was in something French and small. This year it is the couch.
Old 13 Jun 2009, 03:22 (Ref:2481365)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I did it two times in a 964 cabriolet, but most of the time I've done it with a boring - but practical - company car (big boot for cooling boxes and stuff).

It's so dusty there, not so good for classical cars, even in White Park. And beware of the holes in the other parks too... I'm still amazed by what you bring down mates... a special show in itself, keep up !
Old 13 Jun 2009, 03:24 (Ref:2481366)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore View Post
This year it is the couch.
So we won't meet for my back back, Adam Still remember last time in the pits GS Next time maybe ?
Old 13 Jun 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2481468)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Next time definetly.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2483736)   #24
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
...It's so dusty there, not so good for classical cars, even in White Park. And beware of the holes in the other parks too... I'm still amazed by what you bring down mates... a special show in itself, keep up !
With my Renault 4L from 84 to 87, that was perfect to challenge the several holes. After, I did LM with a Peugeot 309 then a Vectra.
I have taken my Peugeot HDi FAP for two years... But I won't tell you which number it has...
Old 16 Jun 2009, 21:08 (Ref:2484820)   #25
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the cars people come to LM. .. just great
got a shot of a Jensen Interceptor
funny enough . just in front of it there was a Lambo Murcielago .. didn't bother to take pictures of it
http://picasaweb.google.ro/lh/photo/...eat=directlink

Ciao Marco