Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2483988)   #101
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
great to see everyone and speak to some people i hadn't spoken to before. only down point was the last time i saw fab i was about 30lbs lighter and i don't think he recognised me when we shook hands...zut alors!
Old 15 Jun 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2484037)   #102
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was a absolute pleasure meeting you all. You are all a very fine bunch of gents (and ladies of course) indeed! See you all next year, yeah?
Old 15 Jun 2009, 21:11 (Ref:2484054)   #103
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Oops

We started walking from Mulsanne just after 9am.. and by midday only just reached the funfair... By then we were tired and hot and bothered and thought the meet would be over so did not enter the village area.

Will have to try again next time!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 22:02 (Ref:2484091)   #104
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, next time we need to set off at 6am!

Clearly suffered from n00b syndrome there - and discovered exactly how blimmin' big Le Mans actually is!

Maybe next year, we'll try and do half of Nurburgring in under 8 hours.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2484267)   #105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It was good to see all the old faces again and meet many new ones. Looking forward to seeing the photos. A very good turnout this year and hopefully we will all be back again next year.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2484390)   #106
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
As others have said it is like meeting distant family once a year. Great to see you all again, can't wait to see you all again next year. (No really, I can't wait, there is no way it can be 51 weeks away - aargh!)
Old 16 Jun 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2484398)   #107
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot all about the meeting, sorry guys.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2484458)   #108
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I remembered OK, but was down at Porsche Curves...

Sorry!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2484517)   #109
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would have made it too but someone had to look after the Speedchills Girls, after running the site at Bleu Sud for three days solid it was a pleasure to get trackside on Saturday, I did try to get them to come to the meeting too but the photographs had to be taken on the grid, so I was on the pitwall "minding" the girls. Sorry to have missed it agin but as you can see I was busy!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2484577)   #110
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys - missed meet - due to showing seven LM virgins the ropes.
They are now all hooked and have vowed to return next year!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2484621)   #111
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Missed the meet after running short on time during the morning and arriving at the circuit behind schedule. Hope it all went well, did enjoy meeting up for the pit visit on Friday Great stuff !
Old 16 Jun 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2484635)   #112
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
great to see everyone and speak to some people i hadn't spoken to before. only down point was the last time i saw fab i was about 30lbs lighter and i don't think he recognised me when we shook hands...zut alors!
Oh my !!! Ker, did I... ? I still have some of your pics and Cleo (my daughter) started to use some as wallpapers...

And at one point, I was on the verge to ask if you were around !

Why didn't you say to me :"hey, moron, do you recognize me ?"

I'm sooooo disapointed that we didn't have time to have a proper conversation... and it's so short !

362 days and counting...
Old 16 Jun 2009, 17:21 (Ref:2484637)   #113
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Sorry guys - missed meet - due to showing seven LM virgins the ropes.
They are now all hooked and have vowed to return next year!
Sterling job indeed !
Old 16 Jun 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2484706)   #114
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was great to see everyone again, thanks again for the beer Pascal, it currently sat in my other half chilling nicely. Hopefully I will see you all again next year.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2484740)   #115
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
Oh my !!! Ker, did I... ? I still have some of your pics and Cleo (my daughter) started to use some as wallpapers...

And at one point, I was on the verge to ask if you were around !

Why didn't you say to me :"hey, moron, do you recognize me ?"

I'm sooooo disapointed that we didn't have time to have a proper conversation... and it's so short !

362 days and counting...

No worries mate...and i still have your very very almost 360 degree shot of the grandstand straight. I will have to lose weight so you recognise me again next year...
Old 16 Jun 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2484768)   #116
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys and Girls,
Great to meet most of you again, and I vow to make the most of posting more often. So here goes. After five years since my first meet incl. Fab and Ayse, and last year bringing Michele and little James, I am gonna contribute as a regular....
Old 17 Jun 2009, 03:10 (Ref:2484947)   #118
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
No worries mate...and i still have your very very almost 360 degree shot of the grandstand straight. I will have to lose weight so you recognise me again next year...
You don't need too : I recognised you... on undoz' pics !

You look well with your extra 30 lbs !
Old 17 Jun 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2485239)   #120
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yey! Avoided all those photos! Was there, honest!
Old 17 Jun 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2485363)   #121
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice pictures !
I hope we will have the photo of the entire group soon !
Old 21 Jun 2009, 17:32 (Ref:2487702)   #122
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
that was nice seeing you all again

here are a few pictures, including the group one

http://www.zoom-24.com/tt09/tt09.html
Old 22 Jun 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2488476)   #123
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Sterling job !
Old 23 Jun 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2488821)   #124
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Great photos, thanks Bernard. I particularly like the one of the bottle in the foreground, very artistic!
Old 23 Jun 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2489421)   #125
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Fantastic photos Bernard - a great momento of a very nice precursor to the race.

Like especially in the group photo that I am the most obscured face thus can maintain my blissful anonymity!