Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Mar 2011, 07:31 (Ref:2840903)   #1
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
2011 Poster

I see that details of the 2011 poster have been released by the ACO:

http://www.lemans.org/en/news/Poster...aled_2994.html

They even plan a second version, then a third aimed specifically at the British. Let's hope they do a better job of translation. The english wording that accompanies this poster on their website reads "Another second, another trill" Just watch the animation on the right.

I can't say that I've noticed much birdsong during the 24 hours.....

Last edited by Le Vieux; 6 Mar 2011 at 07:38.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2840910)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh dear.......it's every bit as appealing as it was last year.

Old 6 Mar 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2840926)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmmm. Slightly better than last year for me, but I'd rather have a poster that concentrated entirely on the race, not other fripperies.....

Yes I'd noticed the 'Another second, another trill' too!

Tweet tweet!!
Old 6 Mar 2011, 09:01 (Ref:2840931)   #4
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so, is no one going to point out that it is the wrong Audi in this years poster? Doesn't this year's Audi have a roof?

I know there will probably be other AudiR15s at the race, but on past performance it has usually been the two works teams who appear.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2840938)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That is without doubt the worst poster for Le mans I have seen in 28 years of attending the race, wrong Audi, references to a propietry budgie food (is this the first product placement) and if the dunlop bridge is in the back ground why are the cars going the wrong way down the pit straight.

Surely the ACO could do better
Old 6 Mar 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2841058)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
so, is no one going to point out that it is the wrong Audi in this years poster? Doesn't this year's Audi have a roof?
Good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
I know there will probably be other AudiR15s at the race....
Nope.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2841059)   #7
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I see that details of the 2011 poster have been released by the ACO:

http://www.lemans.org/en/news/Poster...aled_2994.html

They even plan a second version, then a third aimed specifically at the British. Let's hope they do a better job of translation. The english wording that accompanies this poster on their website reads "Another second, another trill" Just watch the animation on the right.

I can't say that I've noticed much birdsong during the 24 hours.....
How long have we known that the Audi was to be a coupe? Couldn't they at least have waited to get the Audi right?

DK
Old 6 Mar 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2841062)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There are going to be other versions, they say - I'm sure Audi will have a word to persuade them to use the right car.......
Old 6 Mar 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2841074)   #9
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes I'd noticed the 'Another second, another trill' too! Tweet tweet!!
Well, the cars do have wings you know!

DK