Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Feb 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2824483)   #1
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JaguarRSR 2011/2012 season

This is the new thread for the JaguarRSR team season 2011.

Yesterday the Team has officialized new driver lineup:

Cristiano Da Matta

Burno Junqueira

P.J. Jones

and the fourth pilot announced shortly

as new livery and plans for 2011
Old 2 Feb 2011, 12:43 (Ref:2824493)   #2
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
cthib10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems as if they might want to be competitive this season! I didn't think they would come back with two cars after last season when they couldn't even finish with one car, but I really would like to see them battle it out with the Corvettes, Ferraris, and Porsches!
Old 2 Feb 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2824496)   #3
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthib10 View Post
Seems as if they might want to be competitive this season! I didn't think they would come back with two cars after last season when they couldn't even finish with one car, but I really would like to see them battle it out with the Corvettes, Ferraris, and Porsches!
2010 was really disappointing and suffering. I think that 2010 was a year of testing. They had a lot to learn and know the car. Now are more mature.
I am optimistic for new season
Old 2 Feb 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2824506)   #4
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Didn't they say that 2009 was the "Year of Testing"?
They'd race for wins in 2010...
Old 2 Feb 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2824513)   #5
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
in really had not done enough testing and simulations, then the 2010 season has become a "big test"! it's clear that they went wrong and they thought that the basis of the XKR was already very good for racing. Learning from these big mistakes this year have the ability to be competitive.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2824522)   #6
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To what extent is it true that they talked to the ACO, re-read the rulebook and found scope for a more liberal approach to engine management as well as for a new more extreme chassis/aero package? It sounds promising, but I fear all the changes could mean the reliability and performance levels can't be expected to be much better than those a serious effort can achieve on its first year.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 13:44 (Ref:2824534)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd say the PR talk of two-year plans like the BMW one simply won't apply here. I'd say year one was more heading down a blind alley.

I'd expect some good progress this year but I would be gobsmacked if they are racing for wins. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2824541)   #8
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2-car effort is neat of course, but I'm pretty sure that not even the greatest star drivers and tactics could bring this particular Big Cat on top of GT2... the car just simply can't perform well enough, and it's very hard to improve if the basics have been wrong from the beginning. Last year was a big disaster - not only was the car very unreliable, but slow as well. RSR have now so-called "tested" the Jag for a couple of years, so they have absolutely no excuses anymore.

That said, the car does sound wonderful. It's a bit different from others - a bit like GT1 Nissan (size does matter) - but I like the looks of it.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 14:13 (Ref:2824548)   #9
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
I love the look of the Jags but I really think a realistic goal for this year would be to just finish atleast half the races after the effort last year. I think even finishing on the same lap as the class leaders would be considered a win after last year! I could be wrong maybe they found out alot of things during the off season but I really think it is highly unlikely.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2824602)   #10
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
I am confident, however, is unclear, though this year there will be no positive results then Jaguar will remove its contribution to the RSR team to engage in other motorsport projects
Old 2 Feb 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2824605)   #11
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These Jags remind me a certain...Proton Satria Neo S2000 if some of you follow rally world(especially IRC)

Hope I'm wrong though, because the Proton is constantly disappointment even in start 2011 as in term of reliability as performance...
Old 2 Feb 2011, 16:25 (Ref:2824618)   #12
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarista View Post
I am confident, however, is unclear, though this year there will be no positive results then Jaguar will remove its contribution to the RSR team to engage in other motorsport projects
You don't sound very optimistic for someone who seems like they should be a big Jag fan...
Old 2 Feb 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2824621)   #13
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Teams, organizations, engineers, mechanics, PR staff say a lot of things, and its wonderful to be pessimistic about that, but realistically did last year look to be anything other than them learning the car? Yeah, the program is behind, but that happens in these things, especially when resources are hard to come by.

Chris
Old 2 Feb 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2824636)   #14
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
Quote:
I read somewhere that if the team isn't successful this year they would remain in the ALMS but with a new team. I will have to see if I can find the article again.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2824648)   #15
captain crunch
Racer

captain crunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regardless of the car, it's great to see Junquiera and da Matta back on track in a major series this season.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2824705)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

....as new livery and plans for 2011
I hope they come out with a nice looking livery. I wasn't a big fan of the livery from last year, it kind of looked like a place holder to me.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2824796)   #17
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
Quote:
I read somewhere that if the team isn't successful this year they would remain in the ALMS but with a new team. I will have to see if I can find the article again.
it's a possibility, all depend on the results. However, Jaguar is changes at a number of people in the team
Old 4 Feb 2011, 23:11 (Ref:2825961)   #18
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Paul G. going to drive this year or has he had enough? There is one driver slot left. Of course he could bow out for the shorter races and just do the enduros.

DK
Old 8 Feb 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2827860)   #19
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
Update: Jaguar will not participate in the Winter test , their testing efforts on a private track test with other ALMS teams at a later date in February.

“We have done a lot of work in the off season, making several changes to the pair of JaguarRSR XKR GTs and anticipate a strong return to the track for 2011,” said Paul Gentilozzi, JaguarRSR Principal Partner. “Changing our test schedule allows us to focus on spares and component development as well as further off-track testing.”

http://www.rsrjaguar.com/News/2011Pr...7/Default.aspx
Old 8 Feb 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2827880)   #20
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Is Paul G. going to drive this year or has he had enough? There is one driver slot left. Of course he could bow out for the shorter races and just do the enduros.

DK
Looks like he won't be the full time driver.. several drivers are testing for the TWO open seats.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2827898)   #21
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
Quote:
Update: Jaguar will not participate in the Winter test , their testing efforts on a private track test with other ALMS teams at a later date in February.

“We have done a lot of work in the off season, making several changes to the pair of JaguarRSR XKR GTs and anticipate a strong return to the track for 2011,” said Paul Gentilozzi, JaguarRSR Principal Partner. “Changing our test schedule allows us to focus on spares and component development as well as further off-track testing.”

http://www.rsrjaguar.com/News/2011Pr...7/Default.aspx
Something about this makes me think they are behind schedule...again..
Old 8 Feb 2011, 17:38 (Ref:2827902)   #22
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
Quote:
Something about this makes me think they are behind schedule...again..
It's possible, as it's possible who want to make sure before you deal with opponents. One of the mistakes of last season was just to put the car on track without due testing. As I said before, at the end of each race has become a "big test". I prefer more tests rather than back on track and giving a bad impression
Old 9 Feb 2011, 10:41 (Ref:2828276)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No LM24 or ILMC entries for RSR Jaguars! Justice?
Old 9 Feb 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2828299)   #24
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
is unfair!
deserve a chance.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2828301)   #25
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
No LM24 or ILMC entries for RSR Jaguars! Justice?
And they're not even on the reserve list either. I'd say it's a good evaluation of what the program actually is right now.

It speaks volumes when you have one Robertson Racing Ford on the entry list and one as the first GT reserve, for example, and both Jags have been rejected.