Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Feb 2012, 05:34 (Ref:3025560)   #1
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your dream assault on LeMans?

If you were a rich multibillionaire that wanted to get a team together to win LeMans, what would that team be like? For me, Car: Ford Prototypes. I would get Ford to build them with my funding Director: Roger Penske Car 1 Drivers - Scott Pruett - Marco Andretti - Michael Andretti Car 2 Drivers - Franc Montagny - Sebatian Bourdais - Loic Duval Car 3 Drivers (If NASCAR has a weekend off) - Jimmie Johnson - AJ Allmendinger - Tony Stewart edit: browser wont space correctly
Old 14 Feb 2012, 05:54 (Ref:3025563)   #2
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Toyota for me! but oh wait! they already there i'd like it to be designed by Adrian Newey, managed by Ross Brawn with drivers : Fernando Alonso, Kamui Kobayashi, Lewis Hamilton, Bourdais, Jarno Truilli, Davidson, Lotterer, Shchumi, Jaimie Algusauri, Jacques Villenuve, Valentino Rossi and Sebastian Loeb. Ps Alex Wurz and Nick Heidfield as development drivers. that lineup alone should be enough to scare the pants off the competition
Old 14 Feb 2012, 06:10 (Ref:3025568)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
If you were a rich multibillionaire that wanted to get a team together to win LeMans, what would that team be like? For me, Car: Ford Prototypes. I would get Ford to build them with my funding Director: Roger Penske Car 1 Drivers - Scott Pruett - Marco Andretti - Michael Andretti Car 2 Drivers - Franc Montagny - Sebatian Bourdais - Loic Duval Car 3 Drivers (If NASCAR has a weekend off) - Jimmie Johnson - AJ Allmendinger - Tony Stewart edit: browser wont space correctly

For a dream assault you need some recent good experience - I'll take your car #2 then.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 06:23 (Ref:3025572)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'll take your car #2 then.
Likewise.......definitely avoid car 1.

As an experiment, putting Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon and JPM together could be quite a fun combination.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 06:23 (Ref:3025573)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Combine the best chassis and best engine of last year, so stick a 908's engine in the back of an Audi R18.

Team manager - Norbert Singer (obviously).

Driver "wrangler" - Hugh Chamberlain, so that whenever the drivers shoot their mouth off or do something unspeakable on the track, when they come back to the pits they should expect being chased around with the walking stick.

4 cars, just to equal Audi's overkill award.

Car 1: Anthony Davidson/Jenson Button/Fernando Alonso, the two F1 drivers I could see adapting to endurance racing, helped by one who has made the transition brilliantly.
Car 2: The Scottish Mafia: McNish/Franchitti M./Franchitti D. Just cause.
Car 3: Kristensen/Wurz/Brabs. Steady heads, experience and pace.
Car 4: Bourdais/Duval/Treluyer. For the French crowds.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 07:14 (Ref:3025583)   #6
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we are allowed more than one car, then I would enter a whole class full of that Delta Wing prototype, 1/3rd Petrol, 1/3 Hybrid and 1/3 complete electric. Oh, and as I have so much cash lying around, I would also pay for an entry for Lord Drayson to bring his electric LMP1 car along.

What? Apart from the last bit with Lord Drayson, you didn't have to say it was a good dream? :-D
Old 14 Feb 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3025619)   #7
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was going to create almost the same post today how weird is that.!
Anyway going with a four car assault with only people that have already competed at LM(alive or no longer with us)
team owner : David brown
Team manager : john wyer
Team engineer : john horsman
chassis: Lola lmp1 coupe
Engine:Mazda wankel 4 rotor Turbo (or maybe 5 rotor!!)

Car #1 : Jim Clark, tazio nouvolari, Pedro Rodriguez
Car #2 : Eddie Irvine, Hans stuck, jj lehto
Car #3 : Bob wolleck, Derek bell, Jo siffert
Car #4 : Johnny herbert, Alan McNish, Stephanie Sarrazan

Still left some names off the list.!!
Old 14 Feb 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3025652)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My dream would be:

Car: Peugeot
(My favorite marqe)
Team manager: Dr. Ullrich / Reinholt Joest
(The best team managers in my mind)

Car #1: Tom Kristensen - Allan McNish - Frank Montagny
(Tom and Allan is inseperable, and i respect Dindo's retirement, so they get Montagny, a little french is needed)
Car #2: Jan Magnussen - Brabham - Stefan Sarrazin
(Jan Magnussen and Brabham was amazing in the Panoz, and very close friends, i know they can do amazing things together - especially when Sarrazin puts it on pole)
Car #3: Bourdais - Duval - Treluyer
(Borrowing Victor_Ro's line up for a french dream)

My true dream team was (this is something i have actually dreamt several years ago):
Audi R8.
Team Goh
With Mika Hakkinen, Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button

With this livery, only with the white a light tone Yellow.
Maybe the engine was a Ferrari, but i can't remember
Old 14 Feb 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3025655)   #9
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dr Ullrich with Peugeot now that would be quite something.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3025681)   #10
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I had an unlimited budget, I'd design and build and drive my own car to Le Mans, a la Jean Rondeau. Of course I'd stuff the car with capable co-drivers.

TK, McNish, Sarrazin, Montagny... the list is almost endless!
Old 14 Feb 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3025707)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Edit, on later thoughts i would want Jean Todt back to Peugeot as team manager
Old 14 Feb 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3025834)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Need to think more carefully about my car/driver combo. But what I would do is offer full sponsorship coverage to Hawian Tropic free of charge and just bring everything to a complete standstill with my grid girls!
Old 14 Feb 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3025848)   #13
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Factory Backed-Ford GT Program in GTE, Henri Pescarolo Team Manager for cars 1, 2, 3, Jack Roush cars 4, 5. Gulf Livery.

Bribe ACO to get 5 entries.

1: Fernando Alonso/Jenson Button/Kamui Kobayashi-Three best drivers in world raw-talent wise right now IMHO, lots of international press attention

2: Jeff Gordon/Tony Stewart/A.J. Allmendinger-Best potential at endurance racing of all nascar drivers, American sponsors, lots of raw talent

3: Franck Montagny/David Brabham/Simon Pagenaud-Best Endurance LineUp I can imagine, Lots of spectator support

4: Julien Jousse/Ricky Taylor/Joey Hand-Young Guns

5: Barack Obama/Mitt Romney/Ron Paul-Money From US government, making American media give somewhat of a damn about Le Mans
Old 14 Feb 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3025937)   #14
cobraRed01
Rookie

United States
New Jersey
cobraRed01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Factory Backed-Ford GT Program in GTE, Henri Pescarolo Team Manager for cars 1, 2, 3, Jack Roush cars 4, 5. Gulf Livery.
+1. Despite its age I would be seriously jazzed about a credible Ford GT effort again. The Matech variants were gorgeous. Still a lot of love for the FGT out there.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3025952)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Team Manager Reinhold Joest
Chassis Constructor Porsche Spyder
Engine Porsche

(1) Wollek-Stuck-Larrauri
(2) Lotterer-Montagny-Brabham
(3) Cottaz-Lammers-Mass

(4) Benji Netanyahu-Pope Benidict-Cleric Qatada ..... sparks flyin there !!!
Old 15 Feb 2012, 00:36 (Ref:3025966)   #16
cobraRed01
Rookie

United States
New Jersey
cobraRed01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
+1!!
Old 15 Feb 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3026283)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

(1) Wollek-Stuck-Larrauri

Now that is a cracking team!
Old 15 Feb 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3026345)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yep , Larrauri was offered a Porsche works drive for 1990 , he chose to stick with Brun , fair dues to him .
Old 16 Feb 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3026547)   #19
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Team Manager Reinhold Joest
Chassis Constructor Porsche Spyder
Engine Porsche
our minds think alike on the team;

only 1 car needed by me - Kristensen / Bell / Lehto
Old 16 Feb 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3026843)   #20
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car + engine of my own design. Coupe, 120° 2.0T V6, capacitor hybrid, Bridgestone rubber (gotta be a little different).

3 cars - I tried to use drivers which are currently available and racing. No current F1 drivers or those committed to other rides at LM (at the time of posting).

9 - Franck Montagny/Marc Gené/Loïc Duval (the Peugeot refugee car)
10 - Bruno Junqueira/Rubens Barrichello/Jaime Alguersuari
11 - Adrian Sutil/Jonny Cocker/Steven Kane
Old 23 Feb 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3029759)   #21
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Manager: Hartmut Kristen
Chassis Constructor: Porsche
Engine: Porsche

(1) Lieb-Lietz-Rocky
(2) Bernhard-Dumas-Long
(3) Vettel-Holzer-Bergmeister

My dream team may not be so far away. (except for Vettel)
Old 23 Feb 2012, 08:35 (Ref:3029769)   #22
Octane
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Manager: Henri Pescarolo
Head Designer: Adrian Newy
Chassis Constructor: Toyota
Engine: Toyota

(1) (All Australian entry)
Craig Lowndes
David Brabham
Mark Webber

(2) (F1 Dream team)
Kamui Kobayashi
Rubens Barrichello
Jensen Button
Old 4 Mar 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3034729)   #23
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team Principal: Gerhard Berger
Chief Designer: Pascal Vasselon

Car 1 -> Jacques Villeneuve, Franck Montagny, Jarno Trulli
Car 2 -> Adrian Sutil, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Mika Salo
Car 2 -> Jose-Maria "Pechito" Lopez, Valle Mäkelä, Kazuki Nakajima
Old 4 Mar 2012, 08:35 (Ref:3034837)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Villeneueve? Interesting. Let's hope it doesn't rain during the night.......
Old 20 Apr 2012, 02:45 (Ref:3062406)   #25
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Team Manager: Henri Pescarolo
Head Designer: Adrian Newy

(1) (All Australian entry)
Craig Lowndes
David Brabham
Mark Webber

(2) (F1 Dream team)
Kamui Kobayashi
Rubens Barrichello
Jensen Button

Like the sounds of the Aussie line-up. Mr Webber and Sir David of Brabalot obviously have what it takes to get the job done, and I think Lowndes would be an asset to many teams at Le Mans. He'd do very well in GT, what with the lack of aero and focus on tyre management, and I'm pretty confident he'd get the job done in a prototype too.