Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Mar 2011, 13:04 (Ref:2855381)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
some of the drinks and food shared around on the campsite are very tasty but some are of a more aquired taste and some of the local liquiors are certain to help you sleep however when you wake up you often regret saying umm thats nice I will have another
Old 4 Apr 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2858449)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
For the brave amongst the group I'll bring some real dutch double salt liquorice.
Is that the stuff that tastes like cat pee ?
Old 4 Apr 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2858458)   #28
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control, I now fear I may not be at Le Mans this year....fingers crossed that the situation changes..

ta
C
Old 4 Apr 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2858702)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
keep everything crossed as 2011 will be a vintage year and you do not want to miss it, and the race might be interesting aswel
Old 10 Apr 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2861563)   #30
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
hahaha, good luck to all who decide to take the leap! I never tried it when I was in the Netherlands. Mostly due to receiving the same type of comments as GTFour's
But I'm picky with food so you could always wash it down with beer!
Old 11 Apr 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2862053)   #31
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
You'd gladly gargle cat pee to get rid of the taste!

Some of my parents neighbours have dutch friends who brought a pack of the salty licorice round. Nasty stuff.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2862168)   #32
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'll see if I can bring some strong stuff(palinka, tuica) from around here although should be tricky as i'm flying to France

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Apr 2011, 10:54 (Ref:2862336)   #33
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
i'll see if I can bring some strong stuff(palinka, tuica) from around here although should be tricky as i'm flying to France
Try to label it as race fuel, maybe that will help.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2862558)   #34
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you do have a point .. using that in an indycar would be considered cheating

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Apr 2011, 10:22 (Ref:2862823)   #35
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
Only as a carry on . If you put it in your suitcase , rucksack , you wont have innue with it . You just cant hand carry in onboard is all .
Old 17 Apr 2011, 00:16 (Ref:2864557)   #36
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
this year, I'll try to bring MY local stuff, Pineau Des Charentes that is
it's based on grape's juice (with much Cognac inside )
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2864915)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds excellent Bernard!
Old 17 Apr 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2865386)   #38
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
this year, I'll try to bring MY local stuff, Pineau Des Charentes that is
it's based on grape's juice (with much Cognac inside )
Mmmmm, I have a real weakness for Pineau des Charentes, either as an aperitif or, better still, as an accompaniment to foie gras (served with toast and Sauternes gelee)........heaven!
Old 18 Apr 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2865859)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Now then James that is being a little ambitious, although Bernards tipple does sound very nice.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2865874)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Mmmmm, I have a real weakness for Pineau des Charentes, either as an aperitif or, better still, as an accompaniment to foie gras (served with toast and Sauternes gelee)........heaven!
Oh man, don't tempt me - the food of the Gods.......
Old 20 Apr 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2867073)   #41
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just found this thread and mapped the tree. Looking forward to seeing you guys in the village in a few weeks.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2867087)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The first year i went it took me a while to find the meeting but over the last 4 years the number of people attending make it much easier to find, so lets hope this year will be a record attendance
Old 20 Apr 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2867098)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Really looking forward to it - I'll try not to be late this year!
Old 22 Apr 2011, 17:40 (Ref:2868241)   #44
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
well, sadly, Pascal will have to pick another meeting point, as OUR tree is gone ...
http://www.zoom-24.com/tree.jpg
Old 22 Apr 2011, 18:57 (Ref:2868294)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
WHAT!!!!

Why?
Old 22 Apr 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2868303)   #46
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To me, it's not very surprising. Question of security ; this historical tree had long and heavy branches. Or they need more place.
Let's choose the closer one, waiting for the new trees to grow...

Will a huge 10T placard be necessary this year ?
Old 22 Apr 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2868314)   #47
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's very sad news!
Old 23 Apr 2011, 06:01 (Ref:2868454)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Why do they keep cutting down all the trees at le mans, do they have an oversupply of lumberjacks?

Still the last tree left in the picture looks similar so we will need to meet close by that i think
Old 23 Apr 2011, 06:26 (Ref:2868464)   #49
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Ten-tenths will have to open another branch somewhere else....
Old 23 Apr 2011, 06:33 (Ref:2868467)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND

ho ho