Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3743974)   #976
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Definitely this. This angle isn't active all the time though. Unfortunately.

I'm loving the Porsche onboard channels in the dark as well:

http://www.porsche.com/specials/en/i...l/lemans/live/
Old 18 Jun 2017, 01:55 (Ref:3744017)   #977
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
watching the studio cam, GG is now starting to lounge it out.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 02:23 (Ref:3744049)   #978
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
watching the studio cam, GG is now starting to lounge it out.
Trussers does look like an Android, especially with his headgear
Old 18 Jun 2017, 03:32 (Ref:3744092)   #979
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Trussers does look like an Android, especially with his headgear
yeah but when he hits that big coal vein, he'll be the one laughing!
Old 18 Jun 2017, 04:29 (Ref:3744163)   #980
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not sure if I believe this (cyber attacks, really?)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseo88 View Post
For everyone with problems with the official stream.

Log out, log in and it works again... Too sad wec didnt advise this
I've switched to Eurosport coverage just so I can hear the video feed sound. Did RLM ever figure

So I've seen this was a serious issue. Is it pretty much all sorted out. Hearing and seeing nothing really from where I'm viewing.

Quote:
yeah but when he hits that big coal vein, he'll be the one laughing!
He does have some mole properties!
Old 18 Jun 2017, 04:32 (Ref:3744166)   #981
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I've switched to Eurosport coverage just so I can hear the video feed sound. Is there a sound only feed like was out there early in the week?

I have enjoyed the Porsche onboard. Strange there's no other for FoxSports on boards this year, at least what I can find. Not watching Ford....
Old 18 Jun 2017, 04:34 (Ref:3744168)   #982
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Looks like Nick is trying to rest in the studio. I didn't know they let him off the pit lane.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 04:56 (Ref:3744186)   #983
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Looks like Nick is trying to rest in the studio. I didn't know they let him off the pit lane.
The Responsible Adult needs to have a face to face with him every now and again or they'll turn his mic off.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3744252)   #984
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Responsible Adult needs to have a face to face with him every now and again or they'll turn his mic off.
Who is this bumbling Mark Cole who is clearly in the Porsche camp
Old 18 Jun 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3744257)   #985
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I've switched to Eurosport coverage just so I can hear the video feed sound. Is there a sound only feed like was out there early in the week?
Yep, been using the ambient sound feed synced up with RLM since the start yesterday afternoon...
Old 18 Jun 2017, 07:49 (Ref:3744273)   #986
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Yep, been using the ambient sound feed synced up with RLM since the start yesterday afternoon...
Shame Eurosport don't do a hourly update
Old 18 Jun 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3744293)   #987
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Shame Eurosport don't do a hourly update
They do, but it keeps happening during an advert break.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3744303)   #988
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haven't been watching Eurosport with their commentary feed, but does Mark Cole still call it "Le Marn"?
Old 18 Jun 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3744772)   #989
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
The final flourish from the inept Eurosport cometary. "F1 boss Carey Chase". Oh dear
Old 18 Jun 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3744778)   #990
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Haven't been watching Eurosport with their commentary feed, but does Mark Cole still call it "Le Marn"?
"LeMawn".

I'd watch more of Eurosport with Addison actually but Kirby, Kirby, Kirby keeps me away. Of course, whilst Kristensen is cool, the studio segments are a complete obstruction.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 14:06 (Ref:3744804)   #991
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's impressive how they took the coolest element of the coverage and made it into something annoying.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3744827)   #992
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Thanks to ITV4 for showing the last 4 and a half hours. Just showed the feed and advert breaks were short, although wonder why they left early before the podium? Great commentary from Nishy
Old 18 Jun 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3744858)   #993
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Eurosport player without ads was 100% reliable and fantastic. Not a single hiccup. Well worth it every year!
Old 19 Jun 2017, 08:29 (Ref:3745111)   #994
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
"LeMawn".

I'd watch more of Eurosport with Addison actually but Kirby, Kirby, Kirby keeps me away. Of course, whilst Kristensen is cool, the studio segments are a complete obstruction.
Agreed Addison was the only one who had a grip
Old 19 Jun 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3745198)   #995
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Various media thoughts about Le Mans this year:

1. Radio Le Mans was very good. Also the first time I looked at the streaming from their studio extensively. Amazing to put some faces to the voices! Paul Truswell is crazy. I think he was in the booth for all 24 hours?

2. The Ford streaming network is welcome but not quite as good this year. I guess they loss the onboard for the #69 which was weird. I wish they had their own commentator for the garage channel. Kind of like how Magus used to do the 24 hours of Daytona. I do think and hope Ford should do this for Daytona as well.

3. Corvette used to have on boards the whole race but they stopped after 2015. How disappointing. No reason Porsche can't do it too.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3745259)   #996
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Porsche had steams on their LMP1 cars and the 91,92.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3745275)   #997
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Various media thoughts about Le Mans this year:

1. Radio Le Mans was very good. Also the first time I looked at the streaming from their studio extensively. Amazing to put some faces to the voices! Paul Truswell is crazy. I think he was in the booth for all 24 hours?

2. The Ford streaming network is welcome but not quite as good this year. I guess they loss the onboard for the #69 which was weird. I wish they had their own commentator for the garage channel. Kind of like how Magus used to do the 24 hours of Daytona. I do think and hope Ford should do this for Daytona as well.

3. Corvette used to have on boards the whole race but they stopped after 2015. How disappointing. No reason Porsche can't do it too.

Ford streaming was nice. And after they lost the feed from the 69 car, it was replaced with the trackside live timing feed. Which was a blessing in disguise. ACO live timing sucked for me.

Porsche had a website with all of their feeds from GT and LMP. That was really nice. I streamed from the GT cars the whole race. That glorious engine note is still ringing in my left ear.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 01:12 (Ref:3745399)   #998
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The official onboard cameras are up to the tv production, so there is a reason if they don't get selected as the camera cars.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3745467)   #999
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The official onboard cameras are up to the tv production, so there is a reason if they don't get selected as the camera cars.
Yes, but that reason is that the team isn't paying the production company.

Don't ever believe that there is any editorial justification behind the choice of which cars have onboard cameras in WEC or ELMS, they are all paid for by the teams or sponsors.

(The same is true of Indycar and Creventic).
Old 20 Jun 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3745471)   #1000
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Yes, but that reason is that the team isn't paying the production company.

Don't ever believe that there is any editorial justification behind the choice of which cars have onboard cameras in WEC or ELMS, they are all paid for by the teams or sponsors.

(The same is true of Indycar and Creventic).
Of course, but there's still a limited amount of cameras due technical limitations and practicalities, so not everyone can get them.

There's a full article about cameras including onboard cameras in the supplementary regs. Competitors can't refuse the installation of them. I'm not sure the LMP1 top cars always have to pay for them because the organizer would want to have cameras in them anyway.