Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3909552)   #1301
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babapapa View Post
Couldn't resist, but wonder how much i would pay for access to be on air for everything.

https://twitter.com/Baba_papa/status...27991348338688
It is already hard enough to watch main feed + couple of onboards
Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3909558)   #1302
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Good.

I enjoy him and his silliness during the night hours when the race has settled down. It becomes a bit like a poor mans Test Match Special, which isn’t a bad thing. Also I’m hoping the old boy who comes on around 1-2am to tell his usual stories of races from the 70s and 80s makes an appearance as well.

#hotbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Are you referring to Hugh Chamberlain per chance?!
I don't think he meant Hugh Chamberlain since I think I know who he means, but I just can't find the name in my brain. Please enlighten us crooky!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3909561)   #1303
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by villeneuve View Post
I don't think he meant Hugh Chamberlain since I think I know who he means, but I just can't find the name in my brain. Please enlighten us crooky!
Neville Hay?
Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3909563)   #1304
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by villeneuve View Post
I think it's Hugh.

First video I can find is this one > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nIo-G640mE and he can't resist talking about the old days in this 3 minute video so pretty sure it's him! Always good to hear his tuppence, that reminds you of the rich history of the event.

I wait to hear his tales of C2 "when C2 was a bit like LMP2 these days. Rather than the C2 in the early 90s when Bernie stuck his oar in and what were C1s were now C2s............ yaddyaya"
Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3909565)   #1305
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
I think it's Hugh.

First video I can find is this one > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nIo-G640mE and he can't resist talking about the old days in this 3 minute video so pretty sure it's him! Always good to hear his tuppence, that reminds you of the rich history of the event.

I wait to hear his tales of C2 "when C2 was a bit like LMP2 these days. Rather than the C2 in the early 90s when Bernie stuck his oar in and what were C1s were now C2s............ yaddyaya"
I was fortunate to be one of Hugh's guests for quite a few years at Le Mans and that holds some of my best memories of the event.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3909567)   #1306
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I appear to have different pictures on Eurosport Player on my phone and PC. It's possible I'm incompetent, or are there two different streams?
Old 12 Jun 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3909569)   #1307
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
It is already hard enough to watch main feed + couple of onboards
But you can save money for wallpaper with such a living-room.

Also useful: Radio Le Mans Studio Cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv1TQCUqHWM
Old 12 Jun 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3909574)   #1308
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella View Post
I appear to have different pictures on Eurosport Player on my phone and PC. It's possible I'm incompetent, or are there two different streams?
Are you watching the same feed? There's the coverage on the linear Eurosport 1 channel and then the separate feed without ad breaks next to the 3 onboard feeds.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 16:30 (Ref:3909576)   #1309
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there no comms-free ambient sounds feed?
Old 12 Jun 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3909577)   #1310
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Is there no comms-free ambient sounds feed?
Right now there isn't. Remains to be seen whether that Eurosport Player feed is supposed to be with Eurosport comms or not...
Old 12 Jun 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3909582)   #1311
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I’ve learnt so far during this practice session is that I couldn’t listen to the Eurosport commentary all weekend
Old 12 Jun 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3909583)   #1312
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For those with Motor Trend tv on their cable package they have been airing practice. My DirecTV Now login worked and streaming it, EuroSport commentary for those who care though.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3909585)   #1313
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
For those with Motor Trend tv on their cable package they have been airing practice. My DirecTV Now login worked and streaming it, EuroSport commentary for those who care though.
Good to know!

Maybe I'll have a chance to watch between conference calls...
Old 12 Jun 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3909586)   #1314
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Good to know its at least working, (fingers crossed for this weekend)... I'm stuck at work but at least I can watch my favorite team onboard (Rebellion/Youtube). I'm all in for Rebellion taking their first overall win - call me crazy I don't care.

I'll be watching flag to flag on Motortrend this weekend!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3909590)   #1315
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
Good to know its at least working, (fingers crossed for this weekend)... I'm stuck at work but at least I can watch my favorite team onboard (Rebellion/Youtube). I'm all in for Rebellion taking their first overall win - call me crazy I don't care.

Would be quite some feat. Last privateer to win at Le Mans without using a car that has previously won in the hands of a factory team is Jean Rondeau in the Rondeau M379B way back in 1980.

Would also be the first naturally aspirated car to win since the BMW V12 LMR in 1999.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3909593)   #1316
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are RLM guys providing the commentary for MotorTrend? Thought I just heard Jim Roller.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3909595)   #1317
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Are RLM guys providing the commentary for MotorTrend? Thought I just heard Jim Roller.
Jim Roller is on the official ACO/WEC stream. If you have Martin Haven at the moment, that's the official commentators.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3909596)   #1318
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Jim Roller is on the official ACO/WEC stream. If you have Martin Haven at the moment, that's the official commentators.
All Brits sound alike in background noise at work to me. I was only able to pick out Mr. Roller's voice. Glad to hear he's back a LM!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3909598)   #1319
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
All Brits sound alike in background noise at work to me. I was only able to pick out Mr. Roller's voice. Glad to hear he's back a LM!
Don't worry, I don't know the difference between California and Florida

Martin Haven, Jamie Campbell-Walter and Jim Roller in the booth right now. Graham Goodwin was in earlier.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3909602)   #1320
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe I will try to contact Eurosport tomorrow regarding no comms feed
Old 12 Jun 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3909603)   #1321
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Don't worry, I don't know the difference between California and Florida

Martin Haven, Jamie Campbell-Walter and Jim Roller in the booth right now. Graham Goodwin was in earlier.
Florida and California is a crap shoot, but I can tell the difference in north Georgia and south Georgia

Thx for the notes on crew. Good group!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3909608)   #1322
thunders1989
Rookie

thunders1989 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I might be being dense but where the hell do I find the live stream section on the WEC website?! Literally the worst site ever
Old 12 Jun 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3909610)   #1323
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Are you watching the same feed? There's the coverage on the linear Eurosport 1 channel and then the separate feed without ad breaks next to the 3 onboard feeds.
thanks, not sure, on the laptop only there's only one le mans programme labelled 'live' and it has ad breaks

the iphone seems the same (though in the last 10 years or so I feel like I've gone from 'resonably technically adept' to 'utter fool' )

using eurosport player in the uk by the way

ah yes I see the in car feeds 'on demand' thanks!

Last edited by Osella; 12 Jun 2019 at 18:28. Reason: err
Old 12 Jun 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3909611)   #1324
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hm, I can't device if the person I meant was Neville Hay or Hugh Chamberlain. All I seem to remember is there were night stints on English commentary Eurosport several years ago during which none of the usual lead commentators were in the booth but instead two or three apparently older guys doing the job and telling all sorts of interesting stories. I wonder if those were both Hay & Chamberlain plus someone like Graham Goodwin. Those stints really were TV gold helped by the fact that there were next to no commercials during that time of day.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3909612)   #1325
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Good to know!

Maybe I'll have a chance to watch between conference calls...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post

And now it stopped and won't let me re-try it so who knows. It loaded DirecTV Now sign-in once and now wants the Motor Trend subscription so who knows what those knuckleheads want now. DirecTV claims it should have full access to the app from Discovery so we'll see.