Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:10 (Ref:4115933)   #26
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Were you in the club room at T17 on Saturday around 1130?
I quite likely was. I spent a good chunk of the morning relaxing there. My highlight was a brief conversation with three Brits on the next table about the existence or otherwise of God! I also wandered out to T17 to take some pictures of the pitlane before they posted people at the doors checking tickets.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4115935)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trying to recall, there was a tall chap in a team williams shirt with a camera. I was there charging my phone. There was a French bloke charging g his phone and his e scooter at the table on the.other side of the door.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4115941)   #28
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Trying to recall, there was a tall chap in a team williams shirt with a camera.
Ah that wasn't me! I'm not tall and don't wear merch .
Old 17 Jun 2022, 09:19 (Ref:4116034)   #29
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Planning to be there
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4116042)   #30
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, accommodation reserved for 2023. That will be 30 up (28 24 hrs and 2 Classics)
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4116047)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, if I have this right, Houx is the only site with electrics? When is best to book?
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4116048)   #32
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Count on me.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4116053)   #33
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So, if I have this right, Houx is the only site with electrics? When is best to book?
No, Epinettes has electricity, or did last week.
If you are an ACO member, book as soon as the billetterie is open to members. Otherwise, once booking is open. Both probably in October 2022.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 11:21 (Ref:4116058)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks, I'll await the call from the ACO.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 12:47 (Ref:4116065)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They are uprating the electrics at most campsites, big improvement at TR this year with plenty of conections available but you either need to run cables direct to that unit or connect off someone close by.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 13:41 (Ref:4116082)   #36
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see in the news it has been announced the 'test day' will permanently on the Sunday before race week.

I wonder if it will be as permanent as the 'new traditional start time' of 15h00?

Anyway, I did start lobbying that we attend from Saturday for 2023.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 14:47 (Ref:4116101)   #37
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Houx has numbered pitches right? And each pitch has an electrical hook-up or do you need to run from a central outlet like on TR?
Old 17 Jun 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4116110)   #38
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
Houx has numbered pitches right? And each pitch has an electrical hook-up or do you need to run from a central outlet like on TR?
Yep mostly numbered and a few non-numbered. I believe there are enough hook-ups for every numbered pitch from outlets at the end of most rows. So you need a lot of extension cables depending how far away you are.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 05:34 (Ref:4116178)   #39
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yep mostly numbered and a few non-numbered. I believe there are enough hook-ups for every numbered pitch from outlets at the end of most rows. So you need a lot of extension cables depending how far away you are.
Where we were the hook-ups was at the middle of the row of campsites, so if you have one at the end of a row you would need some extension cables/long cable.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 05:35 (Ref:4116179)   #40
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, and yes I plan to be at Le Mans next year again.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 22:43 (Ref:4116279)   #41
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who will come back for Le Mans Classic in two weeks ?
Old 19 Jun 2022, 07:04 (Ref:4116294)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly not, I haven’t been since the first Classic in 2002 which was in September. Moving it so close to the 24 Hours makes it impossible for me.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 10:30 (Ref:4116306)   #43
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
I have tickets but I am wavering on whether it was a good idea. Le Mans is not easy for photography, which is my reason for attending events. Peter Auto have reserved the Dunlop, Panorama, Raccordement, Wollek and T34 stands for their sponsors, club members etc. That eliminates about 75% of the best photo spots.

Plus if it is forecast to be 35C like it was this weekend, I wouldn’t go whatever.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:06 (Ref:4116348)   #44
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sadly not, I haven’t been since the first Classic in 2002 which was in September. Moving it so close to the 24 Hours makes it impossible for me.
Same. I went to the Classic in 2012. But it's that or the 24, not both. Which means the 24...
Old 20 Jun 2022, 06:33 (Ref:4116388)   #45
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Yes. There should be a Mini-Meet at sometime.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 06:50 (Ref:4116390)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There are a few tenthers going/entered. Why not pop into the thread in historics?
Old 20 Jun 2022, 08:47 (Ref:4116396)   #47
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
No, Epinettes has electricity, or did last week.
If you are an ACO member, book as soon as the billetterie is open to members. Otherwise, once booking is open. Both probably in October 2022.
Epinettes has electricity of sorts.. It's not as good as Houx for this.

Houx usually has a bank of electric points per row of pitches. But of course they get quickly taken up!

We've removed our dependence on electricity by taking small sets of solar panels, then charge a power bank and charge devices from those. Everything else we take doesn't require power.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 08:55 (Ref:4116397)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Epinettes has electricity of sorts.. It's not as good as Houx for this.

Houx usually has a bank of electric points per row of pitches. But of course they get quickly taken up!

We've removed our dependence on electricity by taking small sets of solar panels, then charge a power bank and charge devices from those. Everything else we take doesn't require power.
It's nice electricity is provided for you guys. However it must be even better to bring your own source of power so you don't have to worry about a blackout. Although I'm curious about how small those solar panels are?
Old 20 Jun 2022, 09:24 (Ref:4116401)   #49
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's nice electricity is provided for you guys. However it must be even better to bring your own source of power so you don't have to worry about a blackout. Although I'm curious about how small those solar panels are?
Ones like these https://www.amazon.co.uk/PortaPow-Ra.../dp/B00Z7382EG

although no longer available - we bought them about 6-7 years ago. There are a few newer and better versions available now. Those ones are only 15W or so. It can easily charge a power bank if left charging all day. They're about 20x25cm in size. They fold out so have 3 panels.

The lighting we have is LED so runs off AA batteries
Old 20 Jun 2022, 09:35 (Ref:4116403)   #50
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
Oh, and yes I plan to be at Le Mans next year again.
With some rumblings of a TenTenths International Camp reboot, right?