Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 2022, 07:04 (Ref:4130088)   #101
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
In case, like me, you were wondering about the tree and the owl...

That's actually quite a nice touch IMO..... Even if the poster itself is pretty poor.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4130225)   #102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well that is a nice touch, looking forward to next year let us hope nothing spoils the anniversary and we all meet up on the saturday
Old 14 Oct 2022, 10:43 (Ref:4130231)   #103
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone know what the 'reception areas' refer to that are going on sale at the end of November? Is that camping tickets?
Old 14 Oct 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4130241)   #104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think so. But I haven't worked it out either....

Edit... I think it's this -

https://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites...prevente-56665

The membership details are just as confusing as they were this year. I had it confirmed before this year's race that I had the additional €40 membership and as my membership now doesn't expire until the end of June 2023, I assume I have it for next year's event too.... but who knows.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 12:55 (Ref:4130263)   #105
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Maybe our French friends can help. The reason I thought it was camping was from this article - https://www.24h-lemans.com/fr/actual...10-jours-56701

When you Google image "aires d'accueil" you get vaguely camping-related imagery. Whatever it is it's also going to be available to the public after an ACO pre-sale, so I assumed it's not member area stuff.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 08:39 (Ref:4130351)   #106
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Anyone know what the 'reception areas' refer to that are going on sale at the end of November? Is that camping tickets?
Yes, ACO email says tickets on sale on Tuesday, camping on sale from 29th November. Seems rather odd / typical AGO

Sean
Old 15 Oct 2022, 09:26 (Ref:4130354)   #107
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Yes, ACO email says tickets on sale on Tuesday, camping on sale from 29th November. Seems rather odd / typical AGO

Sean
All very confusing, and just to add to the confusion...

No mention of grandstand tickets, but you have to assume they'll go on sale on Tuesday too, maybe as part of an entry/grandstand package like this year?

Then there's that countdown on the email (and in browser if you click through) which, just to add to the confusion, is counting down to midnight on Monday night. Are tickets really going on sale at midnight this year, or have I missed something...?
Old 15 Oct 2022, 09:55 (Ref:4130359)   #108
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

The membership details are just as confusing as they were this year. I had it confirmed before this year's race that I had the additional €40 membership and as my membership now doesn't expire until the end of June 2023, I assume I have it for next year's event too.... but who knows.
Yes Andrew,
Yesterday evening I confirmed some additionnal places for friends and it's ok. My membership ends at the end of 2022. But as I'll renew no problem.

Last edited by batmobile; 15 Oct 2022 at 15:55.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4130360)   #109
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe our French friends can help. The reason I thought it was camping was from this article - https://www.24h-lemans.com/fr/actual...10-jours-56701

When you Google image "aires d'accueil" you get vaguely camping-related imagery. Whatever it is it's also going to be available to the public after an ACO pre-sale, so I assumed it's not member area stuff.
Unfortunately no news about why. Probably they expect lot of people and it's necessary to organize differently
Old 15 Oct 2022, 13:36 (Ref:4130379)   #110
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Unfortunately no news about why. Probably they expect lot of people and it's necessary to organize differently

I think they need to figure out how to do something called organisation on camp sites
Old 15 Oct 2022, 21:07 (Ref:4130415)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
According to Brian at 1st Tickets, all of their grandstand seats will be sold with a combined entry ticket - the same as we had this year. I'm assuming the same will apply to all GS tickets. It makes sense, you have to have an entry ticket after all...
Old 16 Oct 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4130475)   #112
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
According to Brian at 1st Tickets, all of their grandstand seats will be sold with a combined entry ticket - the same as we had this year. I'm assuming the same will apply to all GS tickets. It makes sense, you have to have an entry ticket after all...
Yes, it absolutely makes sense, provided the 'combo' price is variable and correctly reflects the 40% discount on the entry ticket element for members on their first two 'combo' tickets purchased.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 10:30 (Ref:4130577)   #113
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did manage to drop down menu and add 2 x grandstands last year separately from the combo option (but not during ACO members only time).

General admission Race week discount % (Euro 61 v 94) seems to have been trimmed a bit so that for 2 tickets it pretty much matches the Euro 65 membership fee which is probably fair.

Members area supplements same as last year Euro40 (which was a big hike on previous pre-Covid races), but seem to now be an early bird offer (pre March 2023).

Stering Euro ex-rate back up to 1.16ish - pretty much same as rate at time of this year's race and Classic, bit down on early part of year.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 15:20 (Ref:4130610)   #114
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Anyone managed to find out an on-sale time for members tomorrow?
Old 17 Oct 2022, 15:33 (Ref:4130611)   #115
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Believe 10.00 CET
Old 17 Oct 2022, 15:34 (Ref:4130612)   #116
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to the e mail it opens in around 6 hours.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 15:57 (Ref:4130615)   #117
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'll check but that would be a bit weird. Unless they're planning some sort of soft launch.

Had just assumed it was an error on the email but who knows.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 22:02 (Ref:4130653)   #118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, it's not midnight French time, that's for sure......

Useful email...... not.

Now it says -

ERROR
Oops, the page you're requesting doesn't exist.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 22:10 (Ref:4130654)   #119
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Useful email...... not.

Now it says -

ERROR
Oops, the page you're requesting doesn't exist.
Same here, use the link on the same page and it works, but there is nothing to buy. Also the link is not there on the ticketing website. I'm confused. Sitting here in the USA and hoping to buy tickets on my cellphone.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 22:15 (Ref:4130655)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It was never going to be midnight French time. Either the email countdown timer was just plain wrong, or it was a device to make us look and bookmark it ready for tomorrow.

EDIT - even the error page has been taken down now....
Old 17 Oct 2022, 22:20 (Ref:4130656)   #121
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same here - logged in and trying to buy a boat-load of tickets for next year. Currently have 49 Yanks booked for next year with 20+ grandstand tickets. I keep refreshing my browser and the same "Product not on sale".
Old 17 Oct 2022, 22:22 (Ref:4130657)   #122
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also have a mail saying tickets are for sale Friday 10am but I assumed that was for non members. I will keep an eye on the site, maybe it is live at 10 am.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 06:33 (Ref:4130667)   #123
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Maths was never my strong point.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 06:57 (Ref:4130669)   #124
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm heading home from Malta today so may not get to order tickets today. The website doesn't render well on a phone.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4130678)   #125
claude2cv
Racer

Well that was easy. Just have to wait to book camping

Sean
Closed Thread