Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Sep 2003, 07:15 (Ref:727317)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Zonda, Lister and others at 1000 kms of Le Mans in November

According to Jérôme Mugnier, the Pagani Zonda will be back at 1000 kms of Le Mans in November with a new 7.0 liters engine and a X-track box...

Last edited by Fab; 26 Sep 2003 at 05:42.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 07:21 (Ref:727329)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

(- Except, wait, is that the butt ugly one?)
Old 23 Sep 2003, 16:18 (Ref:727864)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Good news!
I hope they have found some relibility.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 16:22 (Ref:727867)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, the Zonda is the beautiful car that is slower than the Prost GP car ever was. Or at least the only 2 times I have seen it run, that was it.

Next to my Spyker, the Zonda is my favourite car and I hope to see it on the track again soon.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 16:29 (Ref:727875)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
No, the Zonda is the beautiful car that is slower than the Prost GP car ever was. Or at least the only 2 times I have seen it run, that was it.
???????
Every GT car is slower than a GP car (even a Minardi).
Old 23 Sep 2003, 17:17 (Ref:727919)   #6
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
that's pretty cool news, i thought i read that in the Autosport magazine though. well anyway i thought that car looked really nice. too bad it won't be at the Petite lemans. and too bad the larbre viper won't be at petite either. i mean i'm sure they could probably get some funds to run one car since they aren't running the FIA GT anymore, i mean they ran a car at lemans and 2 cars at Spa. anyway i hope to see that pagoni more next year
Old 23 Sep 2003, 18:01 (Ref:727959)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the Zonda is quite a looker, personally.....
Old 23 Sep 2003, 18:31 (Ref:727991)   #8
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
aaaaaH ! Good news, let's prepare our ears to the melodious V12 of this nice team.
They are able to cover the 1000 kms, I suppose.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 19:20 (Ref:728031)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
???????
All sportscars these days are slower than a minardi, including protos. Less grip and 250bhp less power won't get you anywhere near F1 pace. I think the ALMS at Silvstone in 2000 were about 10 seconds off the pace of the grand prix cars that year.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 19:24 (Ref:728036)   #10
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I think the Zonda is one of those special cars which give these races a 'special taste'. Le Mans would be less attractive if you could only see 20 Porsche GT3's, 5 360's and 25 Audi's. My opinion is: the more variety in cars, the more fun! Especially all those 90's GT cars.......

Bring back the Morgan Aero 8, Callaway C12, Lister Storm, Lotus Elise GT1, Nissan Skyline, Toyota Supra, Marcos LM600 and also give us a Ford GT, Lambo Murcielago and a BMW M3 V8 GTR.

And let's keep the TVR, Pagani and Spyker.......
Old 23 Sep 2003, 20:03 (Ref:728071)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by EliseGT1
Personally I think the Zonda is one of those special cars which give these races a 'special taste'. Le Mans would be less attractive if you could only see 20 Porsche GT3's, 5 360's and 25 Audi's. My opinion is: the more variety in cars, the more fun! Especially all those 90's GT cars.......

Bring back the Morgan Aero 8, Callaway C12, Lister Storm, Lotus Elise GT1, Nissan Skyline, Toyota Supra, Marcos LM600 and also give us a Ford GT, Lambo Murcielago and a BMW M3 V8 GTR.

And let's keep the TVR, Pagani and Spyker.......
I totally agree, but often the problem with these exotic cars is their relibility.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 21:41 (Ref:728155)   #12
slicktsax
Racer

yeah but given time the exotics will become reliable, look how many years it took the prodrive 550 to be reliable, it debuted in the FIA gt in 2001 and only became capable of finishing a 24 hour race this year so given time the exotics will become reliable and word has it that Lamborghini may still develop a race version out of the Gallardo for the N/GT class in the FIA GT and the Gt class in the ALMS i read that in Autosport. personally i would love to see a GTS class car made out of the Aston Martin Vanquish
Old 24 Sep 2003, 01:08 (Ref:728252)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
???????
Okay RELATIVE TO THE GRID IT'S ON, then. The Prost GP car was one mph faster than a brick. So was the Zonda until it broke down after 5 laps.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that metaphor. I will try harder next time.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 01:36 (Ref:728263)   #14
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry but the Carsport Zonda is a joke. I like Zonda's but Carsport is not the right outfit to be tunning a supercar. They can't even get good result's with a proven package, the GTS-R.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 12:56 (Ref:728687)   #15
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you mean? Carsport was quite succesful in FIA GT with their GTS-R.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 16:13 (Ref:728841)   #16
slicktsax
Racer

dude give them time, in the previous years they were successful with the GTS-R's but in an effort to make them faster to keep up with the competition they got new parts which aren't endurance tested yet so they break down, just give them time and they will work it out. remeber the corvettes weren't winning cars till 2001, yeah they won twice in 2000 but overall their cars still broke down and the vipers will still faster. just give the team time
Old 24 Sep 2003, 18:35 (Ref:728988)   #17
Garp
Racer

Garp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carsport ain't capable for the job.
Serious i have spend one year with the team.

They have the knowledge to run a car or develope a car. They even have the money. But they lack management. Mister Toine is a very inteligent devoted man, but he lacks patience. They always stay a gentleman race team. For Toine it's pure fun, he doesn't have the need for earning money or attracting sponsors, there is no responsibility from him to anyone. So the only way they ever will go professional is when they attract a manager who has total leadership. When this happens there is no more Carsport because Team Carsport=Toine.

Sorry, correct me if i'm wrong, but this is my opininon.
I hope this ends the Carsport ain't/is capable discussions on this forum.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 19:33 (Ref:729032)   #18
slicktsax
Racer

alright dude i'll take ur word for it then. well than that's too bad about the pagoni i guess, i really wanted to see what the car can do. i thought i read in Autosport like a month ago that a brtish team was going to develop a pagoni but i'm not sure
Old 24 Sep 2003, 19:41 (Ref:729039)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by slicktsax
a brtish team was going to develop a pagoni but i'm not sure
I think you are right.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 20:09 (Ref:729081)   #20
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I totally agree, but often the problem with these exotic cars is their relibility.
I have some examples of some GT cars that WERE reliable even while they were relatively new...

Nissan 300ZX Turbo – 5th overall Le Mans 1994: 1st year
McLaren F1 – 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th overall Le Mans 1995: 1st year
Honda NSX – 8th overall Le Mans 1995: 2nd year
Callaway Corvette – 9th and 11th overall Le Mans 1995: 1st year
Nissan Skyline GT-R – 10th overall Le Mans 1995: 1st year
Chrysler Viper GTS-R – 10th overall Le Mans 1996: 1st year
Corvette C5R – 10th and 11th overall Le Mans 2000: 1st year
Saleen S7-R – 18th overall Le Mans 2001 – 1st year
Ferrari 550 Maranello – 10th overall Le Mans 2003 – 2nd year
Old 24 Sep 2003, 20:19 (Ref:729086)   #21
slicktsax
Racer

i guess i should mention that the saleen S7-R in 2001 at lemans wasn't as reliable as u think, yes one finished the race but the one that did dropped a cylinder and finished the race on 7 cylinders while the other one had a hole in the engine. there was 3rd saleen but it was involved in that crash in the first few laps of the race and had to retire
Old 24 Sep 2003, 23:46 (Ref:729227)   #22
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and as far as the Viper goes, in 1994 the first "true" appearance of a Viper at LM, a more or less road car with a hardtop in place of the standard roadster soft cover finished (i believe) tenth overall, 3rd in class (GT1), behind only the two Dauer Porsche 962LMs'...

pit
Old 25 Sep 2003, 01:34 (Ref:729255)   #23
slicktsax
Racer

oh yeah i forgot about those, one was painted red and teh other yellow. i believe derek bell was talking about it on a race i watched like a year ago and said when they brought those to lemans the front end would lift like at 160 mph
Old 25 Sep 2003, 07:57 (Ref:729455)   #24
the_fury
Rookie

the_fury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe Elise GTI got away with mentioning the BMW M3 without getting pounced on....

There is a possible British Zonda team in the pipeline. I recently was involved with doing a brochure for them to try to attract sponsorship, though I've not heard anything since. Take a look at:

http://www.esmotorsport.com/?I2.x=23&I2.y=24
Old 25 Sep 2003, 09:48 (Ref:729534)   #25
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by the_fury
Well, who cares really.