Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jan 2004, 01:30 (Ref:855868)   #1
TDDWEST
Rookie

TDDWEST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello from Florida USA

Real Nice Website you guys have here,... I found a link to this site on www.SebringFans.com and thought I would stop in and say Hello!

Since American Football is almost over,... I start to turn my attention to Racing.
In particular I am a fan of The 12 Hours of Sebring,... I live just about 30 minutes from Sebring and about 45 minutes to Daytona, so I am right in the Middle of Great Sports Car Action in the coming weeks. I will be attending my 36th Race at Sebring next March. I can't wait to see the Lotus Elise, and all of the other exotic, fine tuned automobiles.

It has always been a dream of mine to attend 24 HOURS OF LEMANS,... 24 HEURES DU MANS is the pinnacle of Racing Sport,...and I need to quit saying I'm going to go, and just go.

So anyway,..."Gentlemen Start Your Engines"

WFO!

Last edited by TDDWEST; 30 Jan 2004 at 01:32.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 02:00 (Ref:855888)   #2
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome TDDWEST

Hows the weather over there!! This is a good forum - welcome aboard. We get the TV feed from the Superbowl next Monday

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 30 Jan 2004 at 02:03.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 02:34 (Ref:855900)   #3
TDDWEST
Rookie

Thanks

It got up to about 75 today. It was a chily 50 when I got up in the morning. I'm heading to Daytona early Saturday morning,..It's just a little cooler there.

The forum seems very active, and many real knowledgable posters, and people within the sport. I'm just a long time Fan, I'll try and keep up with you guys.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 02:36 (Ref:855901)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
TDDWEST, welcome! 275 GTB-4, the weather this weekend: Saturday low 48F/9C high 70F/21C, mostly cloudy. Sunday low 53F/12C high 75F/24C, high likelyhood of rain.

TDDWEST, head on over to the 24 this weekend!
Old 30 Jan 2004, 02:38 (Ref:855903)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Good Man! I saw your post after I posted mine. See ya at Daytona!
Old 30 Jan 2004, 06:26 (Ref:855991)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Hello from Florida USA

Quote:
Originally posted by TDDWEST
It has always been a dream of mine to attend 24 HOURS OF LEMANS,... 24 HEURES DU MANS is the pinnacle of Racing Sport,...and I need to quit saying I'm going to go, and just go.
You'll be welcome, as you're on Ten-Tenths !
Old 30 Jan 2004, 12:36 (Ref:856305)   #7
TDDWEST
Rookie

Re: Re: Hello from Florida USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
You'll be welcome, as you're on Ten-Tenths !
Thanks,...Seems like I'm half way there already.

WFO
Old 30 Jan 2004, 12:39 (Ref:856313)   #8
TDDWEST
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by skycafe
TDDWEST, welcome! 275 GTB-4, the weather this weekend: Saturday low 48F/9C high 70F/21C, mostly cloudy. Sunday low 53F/12C high 75F/24C, high likelyhood of rain.

TDDWEST, head on over to the 24 this weekend!
I think the rain will be late on Sunday,...I'm crossing my fingers anyway.

I'm taking my 8 year old Boy to Daytona this weekend,...It will be his first Real Race,... other than the local stock car track.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 13:03 (Ref:856344)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:

It has always been a dream of mine to attend 24 HOURS OF LEMANS,... 24 HEURES DU MANS is the pinnacle of Racing Sport

Absolutely!

I dream about it every year between the end of one race in June to the beginning of the next!

Welcome to the forum!
Old 30 Jan 2004, 13:30 (Ref:856378)   #10
TDDWEST
Rookie

Re: Re: Hello from Florida USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Absolutely!

I dream about it every year between the end of one race in June to the beginning of the next!

Welcome to the forum!
That's how I am with the 12 Hours of Sebring,...only Sebring is just 30 minutes from my Home. I've been going there for 36 years. The 24 Hours of LeMans is just a little bit further away, but with the cheap ass airfare that you can get these days, I need to Man Up and make the overseas trip to LeMans.

Thanks for the welcome,...
Old 30 Jan 2004, 13:33 (Ref:856383)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No probs, good to have you on board, particularly someone living that close to Sebring. There are plenty of your fellow countrymen who make the trip to France each year. I sat next to the father of one of the U.S. drivers in the stand at the start of the race last year. It was pretty hot (and humid as well), but this guy was from Texas, so he just thought it was damp......
Old 30 Jan 2004, 14:12 (Ref:856435)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I sat next to the father of one of the U.S. drivers in the stand at the start of the race last year.
The Pilbeam supporters ?
Old 30 Jan 2004, 17:04 (Ref:856610)   #13
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't had the pleasure, welcome to this great forum TDDWEST.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 30 Jan 2004, 20:10 (Ref:856850)   #14
TDDWEST
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
Haven't had the pleasure, welcome to this great forum TDDWEST.
thanks,...

this is a great forum
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:22 (Ref:857340)   #15
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hello TDDWEST,

for many of us, european endurance fans, the season really begins at Daytona.
I like many names or words attached to this race : Brumos, banking, 917, Chevrolet, Gregg, 935...
And it usually means that there are only 4 months and 2 weeks left before LM !

Welcome to the forum.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 01:40 (Ref:860910)   #16
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
I think the rain will be late on Sunday,...I'm crossing my fingers anyway.

I'm taking my 8 year old Boy to Daytona this weekend,...It will be his first Real Race,... other than the local stock car track.
I hope you and your son had a great time! Your weather forcast was wildly wrong! We needed the rain, but why not during the week?????
Old 3 Feb 2004, 03:38 (Ref:860972)   #17
TDDWEST
Rookie

Quote:
I hope you and your son had a great time! Your weather forcast was wildly wrong! We needed the rain, but why not during the week?????
I will obviously never be confused with Willard Scott. It was indeed quite damp. Remember,...Never take weather advice from TDDWEST.

My son was excited and thought the cars were cool,... but it didn't take long before he would just assume sit in the motorhome and play video games, or just play in the mud puddles. It was also, too freaking cold for this Florida Boy

But the race was good,...The smell of racing fuel in the air,...The sounds of the various motors,... The glow of a hot disc brake at night, forming a perfect red ring.
Wasn't overly Enamored with the DP's,...
Had a good time.

Can't wait until Sebring.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 04:07 (Ref:860982)   #18
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Yes sir, just whet the appetite for Sebring. Please don't forcast weather for that one!!!!
Old 3 Feb 2004, 19:51 (Ref:861733)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
Thats exactly what I did with respect to Sebring . Sick and tired of talking about it . One day I was in a travel agent with my mom and enquired about the cost of a flight to Orlando . When they quoted me a price I just said "ok ..... Im going" . Just a spur of the moment decision . Mom gave me a weird look and said "when are you going to visit home again" ..... lol . So tomorrow morning throw caution to the wind and get up with a mission and head for the travel agent and do it !!! Then go home and figure out what youve committed yourself too .

Just do it and I will see you there whatever year it is
Old 3 Feb 2004, 19:54 (Ref:861736)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes sir, just whet the appetite for Sebring. Please don't forcast weather for that one!!!!
I was there for the torential downpour last year . I thought "this is just bloody typical , spend a fortune to see a great race and now this " . they were forcasting the same weather for the race but thank god it was a grand day . I cant wait for Sebring !!!
Old 3 Feb 2004, 20:01 (Ref:861744)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A belated, but heartfelt "welcome" to the Forum, TDDWEST...

I lived in Florida in the mid-late 1980s before moving back to the Midwest...

Went to Sebring a few times, and to an IMSA race they held in Tampa on a road course they created at the Florida State Fairgrounds out by Brandon...

I lived in Tampa...and I'm flying through there to take my son to Sebring in March....got my tix in the mail about 10 days ago....

I can't wait, either, and I look forward to meeting you down there (and other 10/10th'ers as well)....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Feb 2004, 05:00 (Ref:867783)   #22
TDDWEST
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
A belated, but heartfelt "welcome" to the Forum, TDDWEST...

I lived in Florida in the mid-late 1980s before moving back to the Midwest...

Went to Sebring a few times, and to an IMSA race they held in Tampa on a road course they created at the Florida State Fairgrounds out by Brandon...

I lived in Tampa...and I'm flying through there to take my son to Sebring in March....got my tix in the mail about 10 days ago....

I can't wait, either, and I look forward to meeting you down there (and other 10/10th'ers as well)....
Right back at ya Indy!

Have a safe trip and enjoy the races!

SebringFans.com