Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:17 (Ref:45277)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As the season well and truly draws to a close, it time (again) to start looking back on the events of the year.
The first people I met up with from this site were Craig and Invader (and Schoey whenever he can be bothered to post) right back at the beginning of the 1999 season at Donington.
As the 1999 season went on I had the chance to meet up with more people from here and haven't looked back since - the idea of going to races without the ten-tenths gang now seems a very strange idea.
Onto 2000 and the chance to put names to more faces, notably, Tim, Bluebottle, Dan (what did we do to deserve that punishment!!), Rick P, Les, Liz, Lee and SL.
Have you met up with anyone from ten-tenths this year? Were they what you expected? (should I really have asked that question) Was it the first time you'd ever arranged to meet up with people you'd only ever 'met' on the net?
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:25 (Ref:45281)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Not forgetting Reb H, Ganda, Sparky, Junior Sparky, Mrs Sparky, Davy, Mr Hyde, Sarah (and her delightful brother...), Paul Lomax, and half the Group One boys...

It's been a busy old year really...
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:35 (Ref:45288)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I first met Reb H back in 1998, did meet Reb A for the first time this year though - has anyone asked her if she's coming to the trucks? How on earth did I forget about the Clan Sparky and Davy!!! However, I was trying to forget about Sarah's brother...I believe some people are still having counselling about that...
Yes, Mr. Hyde finally got round to saying hello and nice to say hello to the Group One touring Car guys - you didn't mind us taking over your hostility unit did you
I was going to say you got to meet Kerry for the first time this year, but you met her last year when we dragged her along to her first ever BTCC meeting
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:38 (Ref:45289)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I asked Reb ages ago about the trucks but, I think, she said no... i'll ask again...
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:42 (Ref:45290)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Oh, and how could we forget the lovely Bella ?! oops!
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:52 (Ref:45298)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Or Minardi Fan (I won't put lovely in front of that) Plus there was a certain ex-forum member we saw from a distance but weren't inclined to introduce ourselves to...
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:54 (Ref:45300)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Oh, yes, I forgot Mr Fan, Vicky, and the oaf.
Old 27 Oct 2000, 22:57 (Ref:45302)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
And in case anyone can't remember where we first met Mr Lomax...

Does that refresh your memory ?
Old 27 Oct 2000, 23:10 (Ref:45311)   #9
Carrie
Veteran

And I wasn't there for that one. Think the first time I met Rick and Paul was after the carnage that was the first Oulton round. Plus we still found time to bug to guys at HPL as well and I think Lee completely freaked out Vincent Apple at Silverstone Silverstone - we seem to have met rather a lot of policemen there as well this year
Old 27 Oct 2000, 23:23 (Ref:45315)   #10
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember Mrs Sparky and myself wandering into the 'Last Chance Saloon' that was Tyrells at this years Snetterton BTTC.

Without the now-compulsory Ten-Tenths cap, I marched up to the noisy bunch that had commandeered the beer tent, and said; "You must be Craig, you've got to be Invader... and you must be Liz!"

"Hey Hey!" was the reply. "...And you are?"

I already 'knew' the names, but to put faces to the names at last... What a great bunch of people!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to attend nearly enough meetings this year. Too much work for not enough reward...

I'll see if I can put that right next year.
Old 27 Oct 2000, 23:29 (Ref:45316)   #11
Carrie
Veteran

Brave Sparky, very brave Just think, at that point you could still have turned round and run the other way
You've said it now, you've got to get to more races with us next season!!!
Okay, I'm calling it a night, I'm made far too many posts in this forum for one night!
Old 28 Oct 2000, 06:31 (Ref:45335)   #12
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've met...um...Crash Test and Falcadore. That's about it I think.

I've really got to get over to the UK some time to meet up with more people.
Old 28 Oct 2000, 11:27 (Ref:45376)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've met...um...DAVID PATERSON, Elephino, Crash Test and Falcadore. That's about it I think.

I've really got to get over to the UK some time to meet up with more people.
Old 28 Oct 2000, 11:35 (Ref:45379)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Crash, elephant...

Or we could come to you... did anyone say Bathurst '01 ?

Oh, and it'd give us an opportunity to bring Dan back for you too...
Old 29 Oct 2000, 08:59 (Ref:45516)   #15
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie
Lee completely freaked out Vincent Apple at Silverstone
Go on what happened?

Spoke to one of the Paston lot at Brands. Vincent is coming back next year for a final year.

And going back to Paul Lomax - it was Ten-Tenths forum that introduced us all together - so pat your own back for that.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 10:56 (Ref:45531)   #16
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh yeah, I met David at the F1 too...forgot that.

Bathurst 01? See you there
Old 29 Oct 2000, 11:02 (Ref:45534)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah shoot...its not as if i could be bothered doing anything else next october
Old 29 Oct 2000, 18:48 (Ref:45645)   #18
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's okay, Craig, I was thinking of that already. I think we should all try and get to the Mountain next year. Maybe we could even push Rick Pearson onto an unsuspecting Privateer team...
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:35 (Ref:45725)   #19
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Three very important people have been missed out of this thread - all absolutely vital to the experience that is 10-tenths.

The first poster I ever met, the inimitable, irrepressable Mr Peter Mallett. A gentleman racer if ever there was one, and provider of many welcome beers.

Cheers mate!

And just two hours after I met Peter, so Maisie and Chris walked into my life. Bizarrely, I was already in touch with them through internet auctions, utterly independent of 10-tenths. Spooky, huh?

Honourable mention also to Yelwoci, who was at the time a little engrossed in retrieving gravel from the undertray of his RX-7, and thus was in no position to be greeting rubbernecking racefans. Nonetheless, your presence was noted, good sir, and your progress has been followed with partisan enthusiasm this season.

What a great bunch of people, one and all. I can honestly say it is a delight and an honour to call you my friends. May there be many more happy days spent trackside in seasons to come.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:47 (Ref:45734)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Ah, Tim, but i'd already met them all last year, so I didn't mention them Met SNH at Mallory last year, and Mr Guy was spotted in the Redgate gravel trap almost exactly 12 months ago today - didn't think it was a good time to introduce ourselves though...

I did just remember someone else - Florian Lacroix... what a star! Let's hope he's back over here next season
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:50 (Ref:45739)   #21
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

And from me, a thank you to those at the two 10/10 meets I've gate crashed, Silverstone and Brands.

Probably bump into you all a few times again next year now that my previous racing companion (my brother) now has identical twin daughters to look after( 4lb & 4lb 10) and so confined to quarters for the next 16 years or so.

But Le Mans is confirmed for 2001, Daytona 24 is possible plus maybe Spanish GP.

Uncle Simon.
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:54 (Ref:45742)   #22
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent. Le Mans it is - if not before.

And congratulations, UNCLE Simon. Having spent a wonderful day down in Somerset today, seeing niece Joanna getting christened, I can honestly say you are in for some great times.

All the best,

Uncle Tim
Old 29 Oct 2000, 22:56 (Ref:45744)   #23
Carrie
Veteran

Didn't forget Maisie and Chris or Mr. Mallett, they're on last year's list - when we even managed to get the Mallett Man to a race as a spectator
Old 29 Oct 2000, 23:07 (Ref:45752)   #24
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thanks Tim,

Maybe next weekend at the Brighton run. The pub in Horley is known to me, it's the local for some of our female cabin crew, be there about 12.
SL
Old 29 Oct 2000, 23:15 (Ref:45761)   #25
Carrie
Veteran

Congrats on becoming an uncle, Simon
Hope you had a good day for the christening Tim