Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1329561)   #1
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you're not going to Le Mans, then why not??

GCSE's

I've never been, and I probably wont get until at earliest 2008, cuz' ill be doing school exams at this time of year for a few years yet.

I guess the Goodwood Festival of Speed makes up for it a bit though
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1329565)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A-levels... I guess we're in the same boat. Except you've still got two more years of the same problem ahead
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1329570)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No excuse is good enough.

I shall expect to see both of you there next year.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1329576)   #4
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
A-levels... I guess we're in the same boat. Except you've still got two more years of the same problem ahead

Yup! And when applying for uni,a term that ends before Le Mans will be a certain criteria

also I live in Northern Ireland so its that wee bit more expensive to get there
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1329578)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Then you must be frugal and save up, young man!
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1329579)   #6
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a short one this year with arriving on saturday morning due to work commitments on friday
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1329581)   #7
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is too expensive. The ferry companies hike their prices. The ACO have also made it a lot more expensive for the marshals with the moving of Pre Qual to two weeks before the race. It means that if marshals want to both it is either two trips paying through the nose for ferries or a long holiday. Plus there is the politics. I marshalled at Le Mans 5 times (1998-2002). It is cheaper to go to a NASCAR race in the US than to do Le Mans as a marshal
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1329589)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Go as a spectator then?
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1329597)   #9
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Go as a spectator then?
I would get the marshals twitch and I wouldn't be able to go to the inside of Mulsanne Corner ( which is a few yards from where the Brits marshal from
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1329599)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saving for a car.

Next year I'm going to make a week of it.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1329601)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeh, I understand. Still, if it meant getting there....... Its just too important a part of my life over the last 20 years to even contemplate not going while I have the funds and the health to get there!
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1329606)   #12
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Yeh, I understand. Still, if it meant getting there....... Its just too important a part of my life over the last 20 years to even contemplate not going while I have the funds and the health to get there!

Im getting like that with the festival of speed.. this will be my 4th year..

I hope the day never comes when I must choose between the Festival of Speed and Le Mans
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1329609)   #13
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Not there this year due to operations on my remaining leg (was originally scheduled for June, delayed until 5th July, but too late to apply to marshal).

BUT will be back for 2006.

ascarmarshal - secret is to book the ferry early!!! The earlier you book, the cheaper it is!!!!! Then get a friend to come and half the cost, ....................!

Am listening to Radio Le Mans via Sky channel 907 - almost as good as being there (and drier at the moment!).

Go Astons!!!!!!!

Steve
Marshal, poste 106
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1329620)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_kyle

I hope the day never comes when I must choose between the Festival of Speed and Le Mans
Once you've been to Le Mans kyle, you'll realise that there is actually no choice involved there at all......
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1329625)   #15
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
Not there this year due to operations on my remaining leg (was originally scheduled for June, delayed until 5th July, but too late to apply to marshal).

BUT will be back for 2006.

ascarmarshal - secret is to book the ferry early!!! The earlier you book, the cheaper it is!!!!! Then get a friend to come and half the cost, ....................!

Am listening to Radio Le Mans via Sky channel 907 - almost as good as being there (and drier at the moment!).

Go Astons!!!!!!!

Steve
Marshal, poste 106
Steve

we used book our ferry in November and was still quoted over £600 for Pompy-Le Harve, besides I am more involved in US style Stock Car racing and going to Daytona is far more important
Old 15 Jun 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1329655)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Weird. We have got a crossing set for next year for £25... though that out of Dover.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1329682)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Are you not on the road yet Craig?
Old 15 Jun 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1329711)   #18
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting there from California is quite a commitment. We went last year, planned it perfectly, had an amazing time, and I'm planning going next year. Coming from so far away, we want to make sure we maximize the fun and ease of travel which usually equates to significant $$$.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1329719)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Leaving first thing tomorrow morning, Ayse. See you there!
Old 15 Jun 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1329721)   #20
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_kyle

I've done it 7 times. 96, 97, 98, 00, 01, 02, 03. Its bloody good. We just never got round to it last year, maybe going this year (trouble booking the tickets unfortunately, their systems screwed up and confirmed to us someone else's order!)
Old 15 Jun 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1329756)   #21
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
I've done it 7 times. 96, 97, 98, 00, 01, 02, 03. Its bloody good. We just never got round to it last year, maybe going this year (trouble booking the tickets unfortunately, their systems screwed up and confirmed to us someone else's order!)

Oh dear...

We've had our Goodwood tickets booked since December
Old 16 Jun 2005, 03:30 (Ref:1330035)   #22
kbeech
Rookie

United States
Alexandria, VA
kbeech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It's a long, wet drive from Virginia to France.

Old 16 Jun 2005, 05:04 (Ref:1330059)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
Plus there is the politics.
What do you mean ? ACO's politics ?

Quote:
besides I am more involved in US style Stock Car racing and going to Daytona is far more important
Fair enough !
Old 16 Jun 2005, 05:45 (Ref:1330071)   #24
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Steve

we used book our ferry in November and was still quoted over £600 for Pompy-Le Harve, besides I am more involved in US style Stock Car racing and going to Daytona is far more important
Someone must have seen you coming!!!!! I live in Poole and have done the Poole - Cherbourg crossing for the past 2 years, and it's never been above £300.

I am also a NASCAR & SCSA fanatic, and also plan to work at Daytona next Jan/Feb for the 24hrs & the 500 - maybe see you there?

Steve
Old 16 Jun 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1330152)   #25
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Uni exams .. just one of the problems ..

Ciao Marco