Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jul 2005, 01:07 (Ref:1354268)   #1
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans 2005 video

Thought I'd put this on here aswell

My brother filmed our exploits at Le Mans this year, and the video is very good, nice mixture of racing and messing about, and the music goes well with it I think. Download it here :

http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/Gallery/le_mans_05.htm
Old 13 Jul 2005, 15:48 (Ref:1354736)   #2
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now thats some brilliant stuff there! Allmost looks like your brother has lots of experience with putting such kind of movies together , very good work. I also like the music very much

Nice jump by the way , you might want to try that while carrying a 300mm f2.8 arround your neck
Old 13 Jul 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1354825)   #3
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that's a fantastic video. It's tremendous fun to see LM from the other side of the fence. Some great scenes like the dawn shots and the finish shots that remind me how hard I was working at that precise moment and how tired I was!
Now I dont know whether to cry or smile. It's just too early in the year to be thinking about LM again!

Couple of questions. What on earth were you doing trekking through the woods? And call me a stupid American if you want, but what were you putting on the headlights of the car on the ferry, a sticker of some sort?

Loved the Carrefour section. No trip to LM is complete without it!
Old 13 Jul 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1354986)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Mike. I'll be downloading shortly. I took a fair bit of footage this year which I've already converted to DVD. I hope to put extracts up on my site in the not too distant future.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1355021)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sod it. I wish I hadn't mentioned mine now. That is just too good.

Absolutely brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It perfectly sums up for me what Le Mans is all about. Well done indeed.

(I presume you were trecking through the forest somewhere on the Mulsanne - past the Kink maybe - were you turned back by the gendarmes?)
Old 13 Jul 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1355024)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i made it into the video right at the end, white hat horrendous orange bib as tom k crosses the line. do i get a cheque for repeat screenings??
Old 14 Jul 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1355108)   #7
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At kdr... no.

Robert, it was a 300mm f4, I was told to go back and do the jump again because they wanted to film it... should've got someone to hold the camera...

And the trek through the woods was up past the Porsche Curves heading towards Arnage on the inside. There's a shot of a Panoz going past earlier on in the video from there. We didn't stay there long, the marshals waved us back...

We did try getting to Mulsanne on Saturday night/early Sunday morning, but the ground got a bit soft and full of nettles, and we were mostly wearing shorts... plus in 03 I fell in a boggy bit, didn't want to risk that again, so we headed back to Tetre Rouge for chips and coffee

Anyway, glad you like it, I'll let my brother know what you think when he comes back from Germany. He's not a pro video editor, but he's pretty good at what he does... he's a roller coaster enthusiast, and has done several videos from theme parks, I think one won a competition, and he puts plenty of work in.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 05:05 (Ref:1355175)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, this movie will do more to adverstise Le Mans than any of ACO movies !

fecking good stuff !

but... waaaaaaayyyyyyy too short ! Now the "real" one ! We want all !

Bravo Mike ! One more pleaaaaaase !
Old 14 Jul 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1355214)   #9
jna
Racer

jna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for sharing it with us. More car noise than we will get on the 'official' release, and without the over-dubbed over-excited narrator.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1355344)   #10
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent, stuff, chapeau. I truly enjoyed every second (well, except the fluffy pink dogs in the ferry that is )

My compliments!!!
Old 14 Jul 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1355347)   #11
xr6turbo
Rookie

xr6turbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was totally awesome... thank you very much for sharing.......

Cheers joe a very envious aussie
Old 14 Jul 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1355352)   #12
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i enjoyed the part with the trip down...the wind vanes, the rouen tunnel...but no cow roundabout?

great stuff nonetheless...very "speed tribe" in places.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1355384)   #13
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow that was amazing! Comparisons to Speed tribe definately but you didnt go for taking speed while making it as Speed tribe definately goes off tangentially half way through.

Whens the DVD + extras coming out
Old 14 Jul 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1355608)   #14
mwrmt
Rookie

Canada
BC, Canada
mwrmt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant stuff. Gave me a chill watching it. I've got to make it there soon!

BTW - your photography rocks!

In the video, what was it you guys were putting on the headlights?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1355684)   #15
jna
Racer

You can dazzle oncoming drivers if you don't divert the headlight beams because British cars are set up for driving on the left-hand side of the road. Switch them to continental driving and the dipped beam is then sent across to the left into the oncoming lane. They are putting on little deflectors. Some cars (BMWs as an example) are fitted with a switch in the engine bay for each set of lights to move the beam across.

Until a few years ago we had to/were advised to paint our headlights yellow as well in order to to comply with French traffic rules. Thankfully that doesn't apply anymore and avoids the job of removing it with nail varnish remover or the like. All good fun.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1355718)   #16
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Hoyer - superb.

U going to Spa 24?

Please!
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1355719)   #17
mwrmt
Rookie

Canada
BC, Canada
mwrmt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks jna. I understand now. But why not just drive on the proper side of the road? jk.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1355741)   #18
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
Until a few years ago we had to/were advised to paint our headlights yellow as well in order to to comply with French traffic rules. Thankfully that doesn't apply anymore and avoids the job of removing it with nail varnish remover or the like. All good fun.
Hm, that must have been quite a few years ago.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1355795)   #19
jna
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
Hm, that must have been quite a few years ago.
Mid nineties or thereabouts (?) when French cars were by then mostly fitted with clear bulbs.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1355799)   #20
jna
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrmt
Thanks jna. I understand now. But why not just drive on the proper side of the road? jk.
But we do. Try it one day when there's nobody about!

I bet most of us from the UK have at least once forgotten where we were, and with no other cars about trundled along for a few yards on the left until the panic sets in.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 01:54 (Ref:1355902)   #21
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
i enjoyed the part with the trip down...the wind vanes, the rouen tunnel...but no cow roundabout?

great stuff nonetheless...very "speed tribe" in places.
Totally forgot about the roundabout, we noticed it in 2004 as we stopped for a meal there on the way home. Maybe he can do a re-edit...

Hopefully we'll be posting more specific clips in the near future.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1358057)   #22
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the video - superb - brings it all back (why doesn't my video look anything like that?)
Old 18 Jul 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1358165)   #23
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do like these videos, but do kill the music for when the racing coverage comes on! One thing I hate on TV is when they play music over the top, u can't concentrate on the cars! This is obviously excluding Formula 1, because u see and hear that so much that we're all used to it.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1371965)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does anyone know the release date for this year's highlights DVD?
Old 4 Aug 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1372016)   #25
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
Next monday I think. I've got it on order from GPL, so probably the Monday after that