Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1003172)   #76
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Errrrr any chance we can move this thread back on topic?
Old 14 Jun 2004, 07:48 (Ref:1003175)   #77
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Yep, we are done with the RB-MS discussion here. There are 16,287 other Michael bashing threads for that.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 07:49 (Ref:1003176)   #78
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yah..i'm having doubts not regarding drivers but rather the ability of the top teams to bring their car back to competitive mode.

The drivers basically can't do much if they are given a lemon, and i think to diss them for performing poorly under such circumstances is unfair. Hence, i hate to jump on and off different drivers...rather comparing what they achieved to what they are expected to achieve. It gives a better picture of how good/bad a driver is than thought.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1003984)   #79
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I'm mostly disappointed by Alonso. That Renault is a good car, but Trulli is getting the better of him. I would have expected Alonso to have the upper hand.

Resultwise, I'm also disappointed with Kimi's & Montoya's results - although I think that is more related to their cars than to their own performances. Their teammates are not consistently performing better, so I can't really say these DRIVERS have let me down.

I'm rather on the Montoya bandwagon, and haven't seen any reason to get off it.
I mostly like him from his CART days and I was impressed in 2001. Less so in 2002, but he made up for it in 2003.
This year is not as good as I would have hoped for ... but that's no reason to give up.
2005 is an impair year, maybe that suits him better

PS: I'm also keeping an eye on Webber (not performing as well as I hoped - but what's to blame? His driving or his Jag?), Fisi (doing a great job IMO) and Kimi (see above).

I must say I'm mostly impressed by Button. he is really making up for his poor Benetton years.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1003989)   #80
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli's really impressed me this year, and I'm really pleased for him, wasn't nice watching him in poor Prosts, if only it had happened a few years earlier, because I can't see an opportunity for him to win a championship now.