Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:25 (Ref:998365)   #26
Fizzgig
Rookie

Fizzgig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think MB is a good commentator. Because he's a former driver, the other drivers are more willing to talk to him on the grid and he generally knows what he's going on about. Everyone has bad days!
I think it would be good for a woman to be his co-presenter. Someone like Lyn St James!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 21:27 (Ref:999050)   #27
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"I think Ralf Schumacher's looking pretty handy. He's in second place, the car looks good and we know those Michelins come in the further they go and when they get a bit of meat off of them. Keep an eye on Ralf Schumacher, I think he's looking pretty strong."Martin Brundle
(Ralf of course, goes on to win)

This is one of the best quotes that sums Martins ability as a great commentator. This was said at the 2002 Malaysian Grand Prix incidently. Where as in comparison to James
"Were racing in (Insert Country)".
Old 10 Jun 2004, 11:55 (Ref:999570)   #28
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Im sorry but i have managed to think of some more quotes that sum Martin up in my exam today. they are as follows.

"Ohh and there is a lot of brake dust coming out of Jos's Arrows there, if i were you Jos i would park that before it parked itself" 2 laps later
Murray "Ohh and Jos Verstappen in the wall and that is exactly what you said was going to happen"
Martin "'fraid so" ( Canda 01 )

(From a helicam shot of MS touring)
Martin "And that looks like Micheal Schumacher with a left front puncture i believe and........(Camera Cuts to a Normal view)
Murray " Wow well spotted was that instinct or could you realy see it"

( Bernoldi and Massa battling in Monaco in 02)
Murray "Bernoldi is realy charging hard here"
Martin "Yeah i think this ones going to end in tears, youv'e got two inexperianced hot headed Brazilians racing close at Monaco its pretty narrow through here so there going to have to be carefull"
(4 LAPS LATER)
Murray" Ohh Massa and Bernoldi in the wall"
Martin "Did i mention tears"

He is a great commentator easily one of the best around in my view
Old 10 Jun 2004, 13:54 (Ref:999690)   #29
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he's THE best, and those examples back that up. No other former driver seems to have struck up the same balance of respect from his peers, useful knowledge, and abaility to apply things to the situation. The also manages to criticse drivers by using plenty of humour without ever signing unfair (as James Hunt perhaps did) or naively over-generous (as Murray was at times). He's also got a rgeat quick wit whcih can brighten things up.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 16:24 (Ref:999825)   #30
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Martin is a great commentator and has been the perfect partner for both Murray and James.

However, I'd like to echo all the above sentiments and say get Ben Edwards into that commentary box. Since I've been in the UK, I've heard him commentate a number of things and the guy is pure brilliance. The only guys I can compare him to are Keith Huwen/Julian Ryder and the current two who are doing the MotoGP (Julian and Toby.)
Old 12 Jun 2004, 23:07 (Ref:1002138)   #31
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
2005 LINE UP

BEN EDWARDS.
MARTIN BRUNDLE

I would watch f1 even if Schuey won every round
Old 14 Jun 2004, 22:09 (Ref:1004101)   #32
BIGMOUTH
Racer

BIGMOUTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murray Walker and James Allen are both TERRIBLE commentators!!!
The best combination ever was Allard Kalff and John Watson at Eurosport in 1993/1994
Old 14 Jun 2004, 23:49 (Ref:1004175)   #33
JnrJnr
Racer

England
North West
JnrJnr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im a big fan of both Martin and Ben, but am not that convinced if they would work so well together. They are both excellent commentators and they would always have plentsy to say - maybe too much - as in they may end up talking over each other, and im not convinced how well they would gel. (im explaining this badly, but hopefully you see what im saying)

I think you need a voice of experience, Martin or Ben and then someone that can act as their underdog almost to set them up for the technical explanantions. I would prefer to see a number of people to replace James, or altermnatively if they cant get a permanent replcaemant then to have special guest commentators at each race.

Still, Martin and Ben would probably be excellent - but them working together well would be my only concern.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 23:53 (Ref:1004178)   #34
JnrJnr
Racer

England
North West
JnrJnr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, thinking about Bens style he does actually provide excellent commnentary as the lead commentator and also as the no2, so im not so convinced about my original concern re him and Marting gelling together.

Sorry