Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jun 2004, 05:37 (Ref:992249)   #26
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso has two big problems. One of which is that he believes his own press about how great he is. And the second, as Pat Symonds pointed out last year, he is as lazy as a fat cat layin' in a chair all day. There is no way to beat the red baron if you will not do the work.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 08:50 (Ref:994518)   #27
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting you say that mountainstar.... I'd have to say that I don't agree with you there... Trulli is beating Alonso easily, but Alonso's body language hasn't given me that impression at ALL. In fact, the only time he has lost his cool was in Monaco where Ralf was clearly at fault. But he's certainly no Ralf! (by that I mean a lazy sook)
Old 6 Jun 2004, 20:28 (Ref:995510)   #28
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Not AGAIN

Quote:
Originally posted by Skam85
Not AGAIN!!!!!

What open-wheeler series are YOU watching? Obviously one with another Mark Webber in it underperforming!!

Let me list it:

Doesn't get outqualified at all in his debut season. Finished ahead of a Jaguar and a Toyota to finish 5th in his debut race. In a MINARDI, mind you!

Drives a solid 8th in the 2002 French GP (11 finishers, again in a MINARDI)

2003 season gets outqualified twice by teammate. Scores 17pts and quailfies 3rd twice and 6th three times. In a little-improved-from-2002 Jaguar.

Drives a brilliant race to finish ahead of a Ferrari and a Renault in Hungary for 6th place. (again in a little-improved-from-2002 Jaguar)

Many a time in the 2003 season did Mark Webber drive from relatively poor grid positions to a solid points finish. In fact, he finished in the points 7 times in 16 races, nearly 50% of the time! His teammates, Williams-rated Pizzonia and everyone-else-rated Wilson could only do it once in 16 races and outqualify him just twice.

Mark Webber's 2004 season again, in a quicker but less reliable Jag gets off to a great start in Oz and Malaysia. In qualifying, anyway. 6th in Oz, but gearbox failure puts him out, and a FRONT ROW start in Malaysia (only one of 4 drivers this season to split the Ferrari's in quali-the other 3 being in REALLY fast cars). Screwed at the start in Malaysia, where AGAIN, Jag's starting system lets him down. Ralf Schumacher hits Webber and gives him a puncture. Webber later spins off. IMO only his 3rd driver-error induced retirement of his CAREER.

Enough to warrant Williams being interested in him?

What he means is that Irvine did better in 2002 than Webber did in 2003 but no one was praising Irvine back then. Webber's best result so far has been 5th in a Minardi - that says a lot. He has never finished higher than 6th in a Jaguar so far - Irvine finished 3rd in Monaco 2001 and Monza 2002.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 02:02 (Ref:995719)   #29
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Alonso has fallen to the vastly greater experience of Trulli. It may also be that this year's car better suits Trulli. I think that has something to do with Rubens routinely being a half second off Michael's pace this year (not to change the subject).
Old 7 Jun 2004, 04:07 (Ref:995778)   #30
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Not AGAIN

Quote:
Originally posted by Skam85
Not AGAIN!!!!!

What open-wheeler series are YOU watching? Obviously one with another Mark Webber in it underperforming!!

Let me list it:

Doesn't get outqualified at all in his debut season. Finished ahead of a Jaguar and a Toyota to finish 5th in his debut race. In a MINARDI, mind you!

Drives a solid 8th in the 2002 French GP (11 finishers, again in a MINARDI)

2003 season gets outqualified twice by teammate. Scores 17pts and quailfies 3rd twice and 6th three times. In a little-improved-from-2002 Jaguar.

Drives a brilliant race to finish ahead of a Ferrari and a Renault in Hungary for 6th place. (again in a little-improved-from-2002 Jaguar)

Many a time in the 2003 season did Mark Webber drive from relatively poor grid positions to a solid points finish. In fact, he finished in the points 7 times in 16 races, nearly 50% of the time! His teammates, Williams-rated Pizzonia and everyone-else-rated Wilson could only do it once in 16 races and outqualify him just twice.

Mark Webber's 2004 season again, in a quicker but less reliable Jag gets off to a great start in Oz and Malaysia. In qualifying, anyway. 6th in Oz, but gearbox failure puts him out, and a FRONT ROW start in Malaysia (only one of 4 drivers this season to split the Ferrari's in quali-the other 3 being in REALLY fast cars). Screwed at the start in Malaysia, where AGAIN, Jag's starting system lets him down. Ralf Schumacher hits Webber and gives him a puncture. Webber later spins off. IMO only his 3rd driver-error induced retirement of his CAREER.

Enough to warrant Williams being interested in him?
Well said.
What on earth is that other dude watching? Snooker? doesn't sound like the Webber that we know. How on earth could you say somethin like that!! Webber a one off? whaaaaaaaat? Form is relative, talent is a CONSTANT.

alonso has faded recently, but i dont think that is him falling away, he'll be back, still think he is better than Trulli though.

Last edited by Andrew2001; 7 Jun 2004 at 04:09.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1007282)   #31
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK Alonso has made a few mistakes this year but IMO the current state of play at Renault is more to do with Trulli raising his game than Alonso's form dropping off.

Bear in mind that Alonso is now 22; 23 in July. When Michael Schumacher was the age Alonso is now he had yet to win a Grand Prix...
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:12 (Ref:1007284)   #32
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed, x_dt.

You're either seen as up or down in this business.

Alonso would've been very close to the front in Canada if he hadn't had the driveshaft problem.

He appeared to be on the same strategy as Schumacher, and was lapping very quickly.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1007300)   #33
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FA videos

If you want to see some FA videos from canada:

http://homepage.mac.com/emeseditoria...Theater99.html

FA pit blunder

http://homepage.mac.com/emeseditoria...Theater98.html

FA out 1
Old 18 Jun 2004, 02:40 (Ref:1007519)   #34
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think FA was planned from the start to be on the same strategy as MS, rather, Renault tried to change their strategy to match Ferrari's.

I find it strange so many people are hunting down Alonso now...just last year, he's the hero, he's the next big thing...he's Ferrari's future, he's Williams future..and all of a sudden, a few average races made him a sad puppy.

F1 has their fans, sadly so many of them are fickle.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1007710)   #35
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
F1 has their fans, sadly so many of them are fickle.
So true.

Sad, but true.