Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jun 2004, 11:57 (Ref:999572)   #26
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've kinda been off Alonso's bandwagon. He put in some great drives last year, but this year has been mediocre imo.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:21 (Ref:999588)   #27
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My worst disappointment is obviously MS; really thought he could make a clean sweep this year; winning just 17 out of 18 races will be real shame
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:26 (Ref:999592)   #28
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a time when I had Rubens down as a defiante champion, from early races like Donington 93 and Aida/Spa 94, but he's enver matched up to that. I had Wurz down as a future champion as well, but those big crashes at Monaco and Canada seemed to shatter the big guy's confidence.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:41 (Ref:999614)   #29
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that I have ever been on his bandwagon, really, but Alonso has disappointed me this year. I was very quick to slag him off after Brasil last year, but slowly I came around to cheering for the guy as he occaisionally took the fight to the top runners. But this year, his qualifying has been bad, and his racing inconsistent. Trulli is now getting the better of him all over the board. I think it is kind of the Button Season 2 syndrome... year after his first real taste of F1 success (although his third in F1...), he expects to be fast and I'm not sure he isn't suprised that it just isn't happening as easy as last year.

Another that I am disappointed with is Rubens. He is just totally outclassed this year, really not even close to TGF. I thought there was hope of him being on the pace maybe 40 or 50% of the time, but clearly that isn't happening...
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:58 (Ref:999632)   #30
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Actually Heidfeld has really impressed me. Disappointing has been Massa. Where o where has that early season speed gone to Felipe?? And da Matta, who looked SO promising last year has done nothing. Klien has impressed me as has Sato and Coulthard, but all that Minardi-hype about Bruni being the next Alonso/Webber has been total BS.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:59 (Ref:999633)   #31
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
And add Alonso to the list of not-impressive....
Old 10 Jun 2004, 13:39 (Ref:999669)   #32
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been on the Heidfeld bandwagon since F3000 and will continue to ride it. He's putting in stellar performances with Jordan on a shoestring budget.

Prepared to jump on the Button bandwagon if he keeps up the good performances. Certainly been going about proving me wrong!!!

da Matta has been ordinary. Never seen the interest in Massa and still don't.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 14:39 (Ref:999726)   #33
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"Really can't understand those who say Kimi's not living up to the hype."

K-B, in no way am i (not sure about the others) saying Kimi (as same for JPM) isn't good.

He's bloody brilliant, especially last year he managed to bring that old Mclaren up to 2nd is really VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE.

I'm just saying he didn't live up to the 'hype'. The problem lies with the fact that these new guys come and before turning a wheel, has been OVER hyped. You hear people claiming how they would be the next Senna, the next MS, how they'd beat MS the next couple of years...and stories like that..and that's the "hype" and until now....i think what they've displayed and achieved fall quite way off what the hype predicted. It's not Kimi's fault that people are over generous with their expectations and demands.

Of course, then again there are many who came with so much promise, but ultimately, after a very long time failed to shine as expected and thus, not surprisingly, people start to question "why?". Heidfeld, Jan, to an extent Fisi (who's good..but how good?).. They are all good drivers..but are they as good as what we had hoped for?

Would the new guys like Kimi/Alonso/Mark etc live up to the "hype" and be the next mega star or would they go the route of those who just couldn't break the final barrier?
Old 10 Jun 2004, 15:35 (Ref:999768)   #34
Tiptop
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Tiptop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber ! disapointed that he has shown no form this year although he is in a dog of a car!

Alonso disapoints me he seems to inexperienced this year making too many mistakes.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 16:44 (Ref:999843)   #35
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i Like Alonso... but i think he was probably hyped too much last year as being the next big thing... giove him another year and i think he could mature into a fine driver.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 18:33 (Ref:999955)   #36
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on another forum such as this, a fellow member whom i regard very highly, thought the world of Massa. i suppose more out of respect to his opinion, i did at a time start beleiving in Massa.

now i'm not so sure. i like Massa. he's got guts and raw speed. and while i still beleive that he's got oddles of talent, i suppose i am questioning my belief in him.

shadow
Old 10 Jun 2004, 18:48 (Ref:999975)   #37
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso. Definitely got complacent.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 18:54 (Ref:999983)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fisichella for me....one minute, he looked a guaranteed champ, the next he looks like yet another Formula 1 cart horse.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 18:57 (Ref:999988)   #39
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never rated Fisichella.

As for Alonso, yes he's being overshadowed by Trulli at the moment but all drivers go through a spell like that.

I don't think it's complacency.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:00 (Ref:999992)   #40
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
another one is also DaMatta.... hasnt lived up to the great 1st season he had in comparision to Panis... but the Toyota of 2004 is also a dog no question!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:06 (Ref:1000000)   #41
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back

As for Alonso, yes he's being overshadowed by Trulli at the moment but all drivers go through a spell like that.

I don't think it's complacency.
Sure it's complacency. He got so hyped up last year (quite rightly I might add) that he felt he didn't have to work as hard this year. Hasn't Flavio already voiced his opinion on that subject?

Graves, you may be blissfully unaware that you have posted ten-tenths 1,000,000th post! Well done

Wrex
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:16 (Ref:1000006)   #42
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by graves
Sure it's complacency. He got so hyped up last year (quite rightly I might add) that he felt he didn't have to work as hard this year. Hasn't Flavio already voiced his opinion on that subject?
Don't recall him doing so.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1000014)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think he did say Alonso needs to work harder. He said it last year though, and he also said most young guys are the same. Which is pretty true I'd say.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1000015)   #44
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
even Mark Webber except Malayasia hasnt given those stunning Quly laps we are used to... last year on hius run he would have me on the edge of my seat.. this year he has been "normal"
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1000042)   #45
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Fisichella for me....one minute, he looked a guaranteed champ, the next he looks like yet another Formula 1 cart horse.
What's he done to lose your faith? Yes, it took him two races to settle in at Sauber, but since then he's done his usual kicking of his teammate's butt.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:49 (Ref:1000047)   #46
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
i think Fisi performances look unimpressive because of his quly efforts... Sauber have been heavy fueling their drivers and hence they have very poor runs..
fact is he has been solid if not spectacular
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1000050)   #47
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
You sure ralfy? Have a look at the qualifying battle thread.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1000051)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Over the last two seasons he seems to have lacked.......hmmm, application let's say. He can be good when he wants to be, but not often enough.

However, I concede he's starting to pick up recently. He may yet get my faith back!
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:51 (Ref:1000055)   #49
Kicking-back
Veteran

I wonder if Massa's supposed good form early in the season was flattered by Fisi's poor form?

Now that Giancarlo seems to have his act together, Felipe hasn't raised his game to match.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 19:56 (Ref:1000060)   #50
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
You sure ralfy? Have a look at the qualifying battle thread.
yeah im sure...
i said Sauber have been heavy fueling their driverS so they get low quly positions and hence people think that Fisi is not on form...
i havent jumped of the Fisi wagon yet... hoping he does well.. he has the measure of Massa no doubt