Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jun 2004, 15:07 (Ref:1000832)   #1
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM on Sato

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...11104048.shtml

He thinks Sato may be the first on the top step. Apparrently he likes a man with a similar driving style to his own. I think Sato can be great, its up to his mind not his skill leve.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 15:25 (Ref:1000843)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
he has the speed no doubt...
needs to erase his silly mistakes and he will be a good driver

agree with JPM though Button has been better than Sato but if it werent for those blown engines Sato wouldve been m,uch closer to Button in the standings
Old 11 Jun 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1000879)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Standard mind-games tactics - when one of your rivals, be it team or individual, is doing well you praise their competitor. It is true that Sato might well nab the win before Button, but only on a luck of the draw basis - in terms of which driver has the class, experience and temprament to succeed over a whole season Jenson is miles ahead. Furthermore (and I say this as a fan of Montoya) if Juan could learn a little from Jenson and be stronger on the technical side, more mechanical sympathy, less hot-headed he could do a little better himself... but I guess he wouldn't be Juan then.

Last edited by Glen; 11 Jun 2004 at 16:08.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 17:46 (Ref:1000957)   #4
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
he has the speed no doubt...
needs to erase his silly mistakes and he will be a good driver
Who? JPM or Sato?!
Old 11 Jun 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1000967)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to know somebody likes Sato too.......

The guys gonna be a winner. You'll soon see!
Old 11 Jun 2004, 18:01 (Ref:1000976)   #6
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here here!!!

when it all hooks up.......
Old 11 Jun 2004, 18:27 (Ref:1001002)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not surprised JPM can see a lot of himself in Sato, both on and off-track. Sato drove an essentially excellent race until making one silly mistake at Nurburgring, but then Montoya drove an excellent race AFTER a silly mistake.

Button needs to take the first win soon to avoid Sato getting it first, and perhaps dominating the team's affections and getting extra support - he seems at least as close to Dave Richards, and must be closer to Honda.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 18:31 (Ref:1001008)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and he is also very good ...which alot of people like to forget to mention ...

Go Sato .....looks like F1 motorracing is coming alive again !

Last edited by Sato san; 11 Jun 2004 at 18:32.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1001072)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
better get your coat on then ....

Last edited by Sato san; 11 Jun 2004 at 19:47.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 20:43 (Ref:1001110)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by QuickSilver
Sato = Santa
Santa = Satan

Ergo, Sato is Satan and he'll only win when hell freezes over
Old 11 Jun 2004, 20:47 (Ref:1001115)   #11
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato is great to watch
Old 12 Jun 2004, 01:04 (Ref:1001266)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
those mistakes are from having a red hot go - i luv it
Old 12 Jun 2004, 01:16 (Ref:1001274)   #13
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What's the big deal if Juan Pablo said what he did. We all know he has a big mouth... I dont think anyone in the paddock pays any attention to whatever he says.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 04:41 (Ref:1001360)   #14
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato is in the best position to prove himself and he better do it now or chances like this may never show up again.....

He must beat JB on points which means consistency and speed on track, and it will not going to be a "walk on the park" thing because JB is no doubt a very good racer...

If sato can beat JB on points this year, then that's one hell of achievements...
Old 12 Jun 2004, 05:43 (Ref:1001391)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is a bit like the JV threads. (Just thought I'd get his mention here ).

Someone says something a little bit positive and the supporters jump on the bandwagon. He is good fun to watch and he is improving but whilst he did well at the last race (until that error) he has a way to go to match the consistency of his team mate.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 06:16 (Ref:1001398)   #16
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato is a good driver like MS and Senna
Button is a good driver like Coultard

My tip is Sato to win the first BAR race and outscore button for the rest of the season.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 07:39 (Ref:1001427)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm.

Interesting theory and you could be right based on second practice this weekend. But he does need to sort his consistency if its going to happen.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 09:37 (Ref:1001540)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Im not oo sure we will see much of a different Sato this weekend ....After David Richards told Taku not to lose his racers attitude gave Taku his full support for his overtaking attempt of Rubens ...I think we will just carry on seeing a Fast agreesive Sato....

and i think there will be a point , where when other drivers see him about to attempt a pass , they will end up giving him more room , as they know he isnt going to pussy foot around like certain other F1 drivers do....in much the same way as Senna could do after many near misses or refusal to back off ...BTW , Senna was a racer too !
Old 12 Jun 2004, 09:51 (Ref:1001548)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good point.

Sato has laid down a marker in terms of racing - he's not afraid to have a go, regardless of who's in the other car.

Many big names did this in their early days - and were later rewarded by other drivers almost jumping out of the way.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 09:59 (Ref:1001554)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
he isnt going to pussy foot around like certain other F1 drivers do....in much the same way as Senna could do after many near misses or refusal to back off ...BTW , Senna was a racer too !
Ooh. Tenuous link there SS. It takes a seriously long leap of the imagination to get from Takuma to Senna.

For a start Senna was putting in virtuoso performances from the first time he got into an F1 car. Senna didn't try to throw it off the track in his first season.

Just a reality check.

And Prost, Mansell Lauda and others were also reacers.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1001555)   #21
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Ooh. Tenuous link there SS. It takes a seriously long leap of the imagination to get from Takuma to Senna.

of course.....please dont try and think im saying that Taku is at Senna's level.....far from it infact

but as you probally knew , i was just trying to find a way of making a good point

i belive it is actually quite valid

Last edited by Sato san; 12 Jun 2004 at 10:09.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 10:06 (Ref:1001559)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Agreed re the assertiveness.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 11:57 (Ref:1001627)   #23
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya and Sato......makes you think of one of Eddie's famous quotes.....DUMB AND DUMBER!!!!!!!!
Old 12 Jun 2004, 12:54 (Ref:1001671)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm, Unfair IMO. But first practice today didn't go well for Takuma. Don't know why though.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1001693)   #25
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say I am enjoying watching sato he has plenty of speed and he has that something else something along the lines of get out of the f*****g way i coming through thing about him which is very refreshing.

Tags
jpm