Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2004, 13:43 (Ref:1001716)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by z2252314
Montoya and Sato......makes you think of one of Eddie's famous quotes.....DUMB AND DUMBER!!!!!!!!
Erm, I don't think so.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1001727)   #27
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Prost a racer? Not by my definition. He was a fast and smooth driver, extremely astute tactically and great and set-up and development, and that's what made him a champion.

When it came to actual wheel-to-wheel split-second stuff he was less aggressive and generally less exciting. In France 1991 he was outfoxed by Mansell, he avoided racing in the wet where possible, and frequently lost more time to backmarkers than Senna.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 18:29 (Ref:1001979)   #28
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by naughtymutt
Sato is a good driver like MS and Senna
Button is a good driver like Coultard

My tip is Sato to win the first BAR race and outscore button for the rest of the season.
Say WHAT???????

Like MS and Senna?????

Gimme some of those drugs...they are GOOOOOOOODDDD
Old 12 Jun 2004, 18:34 (Ref:1001984)   #29
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Prost a racer? Not by my definition. He was a fast and smooth driver, extremely astute tactically and great and set-up and development, and that's what made him a champion.

When it came to actual wheel-to-wheel split-second stuff he was less aggressive and generally less exciting. In France 1991 he was outfoxed by Mansell, he avoided racing in the wet where possible, and frequently lost more time to backmarkers than Senna.
Uh, let's see ... outfoxed by Mansell? That would make one out of ...what...100 GP's?

Seem to recall they were teammates at Ferrari and the result was, shall we say, less than flattering for "Our Nige"

Gimme a break....4 world titles + outscored Senna in another and lost by 1/2 point to lauda after Monaco reduced to half points.

Wheel-to-wheel...watch Estoril where Senna tried to run him into the pit wall and he kept his boot into it.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 21:07 (Ref:1002069)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide

It'll be said by others.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1002087)   #31
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wasn't criticising Prost, I was making an observation on the exact nature of his style - following on from Peter's definition. Overall Alain is one of the greats, above Mansell as a whole, and would be perfect as a drive rin today's F1.

I'll stand by what I said about him not being a true racer though. A big percentage of his wins came as much from other people breaking down, or from strategy.

Monaco 84 was reduced to half points because prost felt it was too wet to continue (Senna, Bellof and Mansell all had no complaints) and because Jacky Ickx wanted Porsche to win and could see that Senna was about to take the lead (for what would've been teh ultimate racer's triumph - atrocious weather, a first Moanco race in a mediocre car).
Old 13 Jun 2004, 01:31 (Ref:1002194)   #32
deeks6
Veteran

Nige was'nt complaining coz he already crashed out...

And you do need to get some tapes of the 80's out and take another look I reckon
Old 13 Jun 2004, 01:48 (Ref:1002199)   #33
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like watching Sato (refreshing) but he is still a very immature driver (especially for his age and experience). He made a small mistake early in qualifying and instead of accepting it and working for a top five spot, he threw it away trying to get a pole that was out of reach.
Again, I really do like him and I hope he does well but he's got to temper that fearlessness with some smart driving, especially in qualifying.
Mike
Old 13 Jun 2004, 02:38 (Ref:1002211)   #34
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, since todays formula one cars are so freaking quick, and extremely skittery, especially under hard braking, I suspect it is much easier, and thus more frequent, for a driver such as Sato, who is always pushing the 101% envelope it seems, to lose it.
While it is certainly valid to say he has to learn to temper this problem quickly, he would likely not end up as successful as if he were allowed to make his mistakes, and let experience do the tempering. I hope this is Richards attitude about it.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 04:04 (Ref:1002288)   #35
ysofast
Racer

ysofast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato is great to watch!! He will slow down to speed up and win a few before it's over. The other type of driver can't pick up some aggression to go faster, just doesn't work.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 05:42 (Ref:1002324)   #36
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems to me that he needs to fine tune his aggressiveness because it is giving him disasters and negative impressions...the move on Rubens was pre mature although he was so confident with his car that he feels he can do anything he wants...the way he attacks corners during the quali in Canada is just counter productive and indeed it was a disaster...I think he still have to learn a lot of things before he can level on JB...It is a pitty because the Car is really good...
Old 13 Jun 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1002433)   #37
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As Gilles Villeneuve once said - it's easier to tidy up speed, than speed up tidieness.

Sato's a breath of fresh air - and will be a great star in the future.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1002472)   #38
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He does need to relax a little bit , so mistakes like yesterday happen less , but i totally agree with Kicking-Back ....It will all come together , its practically there now i think ...just a bit of fine tuning , but most drivers have gone through that at some point.

May be a interesting race today , may be worth keeping an eye on Taku as he trys to come through the pack....Maxiumum attack and all that !

Breath of fresh air....Totally agree !

Last edited by Sato san; 13 Jun 2004 at 10:45.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 11:41 (Ref:1002502)   #39
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm sure dr gave him a good talking to last night. it'll be interesting to watch him today. will he push hard from the back or take dr's comments to heart and bring it home safely?
Old 13 Jun 2004, 12:32 (Ref:1002536)   #40
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Takuma should get a decent wedge of points today.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 14:34 (Ref:1002615)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Listening to A G S his manager on the Le Mans coverage, he said something like "Takuma was disappointed with his performance but the car was good enough to allow him to move up" so we can expect fireworks.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1002846)   #42
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato's driving is impressive considering he is the most inexperience guy out there. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he only started racing when he was 19 years old.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 20:41 (Ref:1002887)   #43
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, he started karting when he was 19, did regional championships for 2 years then came to British FVauxhall Junior in 1998 after winning the Suzuka Racing School scholarship. Then British F3 1999 - 2001 and F1 2002! A meteoric rise!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 20:52 (Ref:1002895)   #44
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vauxhall Lotus Euroseries, not Vauxhall Jnr.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1002932)   #45
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fan
Vauxhall Lotus Euroseries, not Vauxhall Jnr.
No, 1998 was FVJ, 1st part of 1999 was Euroseries
Old 13 Jun 2004, 22:06 (Ref:1002963)   #46
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok - you got me :-)
Old 14 Jun 2004, 08:06 (Ref:1003184)   #47
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by naughtymutt
My tip is Sato to win the first BAR race and outscore button for the rest of the season.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 08:22 (Ref:1003195)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Listening to A G S his manager on the Le Mans coverage, he said something like "Takuma was disappointed with his performance but the car was good enough to allow him to move up" so we can expect fireworks.
Well almost.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 08:36 (Ref:1003204)   #49
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 14 Jun 2004, 10:05 (Ref:1003289)   #50
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Sadly, we expected fireworks and only got a smokescreen. It's a real shame he has so many failures, especially as Fisichella would've been 3rd if it'd been Jenson. That said, his race drive wasn't great.

Tags
jpm